3D Probe - Tri-balls type accuracy & DIY - Page 14

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: 3D Probe - Tri-balls type accuracy & DIY

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3D Probe - Tri-balls type accuracy & DIY

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Yes, put me in for 2 of therm if available.
    Bill, start with one and if that works for you then crack on for a spare one (my advice). I plan on making a few so I'll have that spare for you if you really need it anyway.
    If however you insist having the spare ready and in hands then, I'll be happy to send two also Thanks btw!

In the Nutther News; I bet some of you are quite curious to know about the accuracy of this type of probe. In fact I was also, and from the beginning... if you read my first post.
    Verdict on that bad boy is a whooping max of 4 microns (4um) (repeatable). Reading on the pic is taken at 21dC and on a side that requires the most force to lift that loaded assembly (i.e. worst scenario).
    Sure some here will debate that theirs is within 1~2 microns, sure... I believe you, mine too, but only on the lightest points/sides.

Conclusion: "Accuracy between 1~4 microns". For one and with shop's machine-tools within 0.01~0.02mm accuracy (huge max), I call this project a success. Beats my machines by twice!

PS: I also have a HSM production tapping center dialed/squared to roughly 0.003mm (depending on the time of the day lol). I bet this probe would be sufficient for this one also, I might actually try that eventually.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D Probe - Tri-balls type accuracy & DIY-3dprobe_v1-03_accuracy-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the update Mechanix.
    I would still like to have two of your probes if available. As stated, I do like having a spare but also, it's a bit of a pay back for all of your effort. I do hope you are making a profit but being a hobbiest, I never think of the cost of something I'm building, but I just want to be satisfied with my effort. Thank for posting and let us know (PM) when you need payment!
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh wow, cool Bill, thanks. So kind you are almost forcing me to add that AM/FM add-on! I'll see what I can do about that but can't promise
    And yes, absolutely, I'm making a profit. Pretty cool in fact, considering this is done from the home shop side (i.e. no heavy bills/insurance/overheads). Counting $20~$25/hr, roughly.
    Takes a good 3~4hrs to get one shipped out (machining time/16 M&L operations, anodizing (40min), pcb/20min, flashing, cabling, assembly, testing, packing, shipping). Adds up to about that, 3~4hrs + mats + probe tip = $125~135.

Had a mate giving me a quote for the machining + anodizing last week and it came to about $220/probe (packaged) :/ That's with overheads (employees, tax, and you name it). So at that home shop price of $125 I think we are both getting a good deal on this one I think Bob wants one too, I'll shoot him a PM to dbl-check with him.

PM you when this passes endurance and ready to turn & mill. Should be good to go early Nov. Too kind, thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello people!
    From an old Bulgarian Rais 3 axis CNC, i succeed to save one set of Hexagon m&h 3D probe, tool setter and data receiver (optical eye).
    I talk about of one m&h IRP40.01 3D touch probe, one m&h IRT35.70 tool setter (Z and X axis) and one m&h IRR91.40 data receiver for this two transmitter, all of them produced by Hexagon.
    I want to know if someone can use this on another CNC machine without another components from old "donor" machine and I want to know if someone is interested about that components (use PM).
    Try to sell them or give up that idea ?
    Thanks, have a good day.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep. I still want one. I am ready whenever you are.
    I am guessing that I will need to get my own probe styli. What is the tip thread? 4mm x 0.7mm?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.
    I send you two probe styli bonus. Problem, in my opinion is I am from Europe and you are in US ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maxspongebob View Post
    Yep. I still want one. I am ready whenever you are.
    I am guessing that I will need to get my own probe styli. What is the tip thread? 4mm x 0.7mm?
    Counting you in! And that 50mmxR2.5 styli is in the deal for ya Bob. Correct, thread is M4 (4x0.7), mating shaft end is OD7mm.
    You could look at a spare 25mm styli although this is yet to be tested (need lighter rated spring for that small one). I'll let you know, I plan on doing this later on.
    Keep you guys updated

Downloads
    Uploads

That's one impressive piece of kit! Any chance for a mere mortal like me to get my hands on one?

- Lars Bjerke
    CNC-ing an SX3 to make a full-size CNC router to make some speakers. Why do it simple?

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome in our group Novec, thanks! So far; Bob, Bill, Novec, two colleagues/friends, and myself.
    I was planing on placing an order for tools, mat & components this coming weekend and start a small prod batch. Somewhere like two dozen of them to hopefully secure a good 18-20 fully tested and ready to go around mid/end of Nov.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's good news Mecanix. Looks like the testing produced positive results.
    Have a good weekend.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great! I was about to suggest taking some of the assembly work myself, until I realized accuracy and testing are sorta important with this kind of equipment...

What's the outer diameter of the main body? I have a vague memory of reading it but I can't seem to find it. Judging by your designs and pictures it should be relatively straight forward to make a TTS compatible shank, provided I have the right stock.

- Lars Bjerke
    CNC-ing an SX3 to make a full-size CNC router to make some speakers. Why do it simple?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314