Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases - Page 2

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Joy today!

The bloody Electrician has let us down today.

He just rang to say he will be here Monday. We shall see.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The Quick CNC 1200 x 2400

We are still extremely annoyed with the Electrician. In our business we currently have 7 Installers who each fit 2-3 Robes per day. So it is imperative that we are all extremely organised. We regard it as an Epic Fail if we ever let a customer down. This is a new Electrician that we are trying out. He is not off to a good start with us.

On the positive side, it did give us a chance to catch up with our workload on Friday.

The 1200 x 2400 machine has a 3KW Water Cooled spindle.It has a dust cover over the Spindle area, and the same as the big machine - the dustshoe opens in order to change bits.

The T Slot Table is well constructed and seems to be flat and straight.

This machine also has the Lubrication System. I am a bit concerned that somebody may knock the canister with a board and break it. So we will build a guard around it.

I have been to the hardware store to buy some 1/2" clips to secure the DSP cable to the machine.

The Pump that is supplied for the Water Cooled spindle has the wrong type of fitting on the power cord. No biggie, i bought another pump locally for $39. The Water Cooled Spindle is very popular among the DIY machine builders as it is very quiet when running. They only require about 60 litres per hour of water flow, hence the use of low cost fountain pumps to circulate the water. There is a lot of info about these Spindles in the DIY section of this Forum.

Here are a few photos of the machine -

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02464-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02468-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02469-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02466-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02467-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Crank em up!!

i wanted to chime in so i can get the notice when you post!!

i think you oughta call your new business

"Rocket Science"

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hi Jim, It might as well be Rocket Science at the moment.

In the middle of checking out the supplied instructional CD`s at the moment. I think they might have been written by Rocket Scientists!

The DSP Instructions are well written in English - but the rest is all in Chinese.

The wiring on the big machine is going to be a bit more complex than we had anticipated, as the Operater`s Console also turns on the Vacuum Pump, so it all has to be interconnected.
    Rick from Quick CNC has been very helpful in Emailing some instructions in English. I am sure we can figure it all out.

We will document and photograph all of the connection procedure and put it on this thread for future reference.

Jim, i saw the video of your guest appearance at the Woodwork Show. You are a natural - Mc Grew the film star!

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Good news

Electrician is here.

He has about 3-4 hours work to prepare our power for connection to the machines.

Will post photos as soon as he is finished.

Rocket

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Success! Eureka!

If we had any doubts about the new Electrician - then today he proved his worth. Actually there are 2 of them- Frank and Petra, who both worked their butts off today.

The bulk of the work was preparing the power in our factory. The actual connecting to the machine was a breeze for them. What i did not realise - is that these machines are pretty well plug and play. If i had looked at the back of the cabinet - i might have seen where the power plug fixes into it. problem was that the connection is designed for a plug which has 2 male prongs and a female prong. European or USA? So they had to fit a junction box to connect Flex Cable.

The 2 machines that they connected today fired up as soon as we turned them on. We took the gantry for a drive and it is smooth as silk. Tested operation of DSP Controller and Spindle direction - All SWEET!!

The big machine will not be connected till tomorrow. Here are some pics of the 2 that were connected today.

The first photo shows my son Jeremy taking the Gantry for a drive, watched by the Electricians Frank and Petra

Will post more tonight.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last week when i spoke with Frank the Electrician, i told him of my concern about the power requirements for the 1200 x2400 machine, which has a 3KW Spindle - but only 240 volt single phase power. My understanding was that 2.2KW is the accepted maximum for 240 volt power.

Well he certainly overcame that issue - by fitting a 32Amp Circuit Breaker. For the 600 x 1000 machine he fitted a 20Amp Circuit Breaker. He also fitted a Safety Switch to complete the package.

He found out that Charlie ( our former Electrician ) had only fitted a 20 Amp Breaker for our original 3 phase machine. This explains why it regularly tripped the breaker upon start up. Frank and Petra have already fitted very heavy gauge wire through the walls for the 1500 x 3000 machine, and hope to have it running tomorrow. Their work is first rate - certainly worth the wait.

Here are some more photos from their work on the smaller machines today -

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02489-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02478-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02476-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02488-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02481-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02482-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Hi guys, The machines arrived at the scheduled time of 9.30. We had hired a large ( huge ) forklift to get them unloaded from the flatbed truck.

It has all gone very smoothly so far and we have already unpacked the 600mm x1000mm router. We are quite impressed so far.

Here are some photos of the load, unpacking and the machine.

Need to rush as the boys are waiting to uncrate the other 2 machines.

Rocket.
    Dear Rocket,

Seen from the pictuers, that I want to let you know the Type3 software is pirated, not original. and if possible you can post a photo of the dongle we can confirm that if it is original or pirate.

Hope you can realize that.

Best regards,

Roc
    --------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No worries mate

roctech, Good to hear from you mate.

I do not believe for one minute that the Type3 is pirated Software. Could not give a rat`s either way really.

Fact is we have Vectric V carve Pro and will be using it for these machines.

So the Type3 will just go in the bottom drawer.

Regards.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

rocket just to let you know i found the type three chinese to all be a waste of time and once mastered the vectric vcarve now aspire i use it for everything except cabinet parts, for that i use cabinetparts pro

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jim, It is Vectric Software all the way for us.

We have V Carve Pro and might upgrade to Aspire soon - saving my pennies for it.

Ramon and Matty Zee carved a big leaf on the Excitech late last week. They must have used Cut 3D or Aspire - It came up looking Superb.

Had a look at Ucancam V8 over the weekend. Seems to be an upgraded version to the one we received with the Excitech, but we have never had a problem with Vectric - so will stick with it.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

aspires big step up is all about the 3d. it gives you a library of 5o models and it has some amazing capabilitys. in what you are doing vcarve has all the functionality

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    aspires big step up is all about the 3d. it gives you a library of 5o models and it has some amazing capabilitys. in what you are doing vcarve has all the functionality

jim
    The V Carve Pro does everything we need it for - but after seeing the Aspire Gallery and what is being produced with Aspire - Gotta have it!

Rocket

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default good v carve pro

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post

roctech, Good to hear from you mate.

I do not believe for one minute that the Type3 is pirated Software. Could not give a rat`s either way really.

Fact is we have Vectric V carve Pro and will be using it for these machines.

So the Type3 will just go in the bottom drawer.

Regards.

Rocket.
    hi, that's all right.

how to get the latest version of V carve please?

it is a really a good CAM s/w!!

Roctech
    ----------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roctech View Post

how to get the latest version of V carve please?
    You buy it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You buy it.
    Thank you Gerry!

Tell me their web or sales contact if you know, thanks.

Roc
    ------------------

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Thank you very much Gerry,

I'm trying to check and will try the trial versions first.

regards,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile A bit cheeky Mary

Quote Originally Posted by limacchina View Post
    LIMAC CNC Router from China
    www.limac.cc

mary@limac.cc
    Welcome to the Jinan Quick CNC Router Thread Mary. Together with Roctech we can have a real Chinese get together here. Heck, lets have a party! Crack the Tsingtaos open and i will bring the Kangaroo and camel steaks.

On a more serious note - we did not crank up the big machine today. The Electricians finished the power connection in the factory but ran out of time to connect the machine. Our fault because we had them put up some more lighting in the factories. They have another job on tomorrow and will be back on Thursday.

I have been busy in the shop and have done nothing on the other machines today. Maybe tomorrow.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Simon, i was told that you were the one who cut the big leaf on the router the other day. Sorry mate i was told initially that it was Matty Zee and Ramon.

Great work!

Rocket.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast