Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases - Page 6

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
    Hi Rocket, Glad I could help out with the pump. It is the least I could do for all your help/support.

As Rocket has now let the cat out of the bag. I have ordered a K1224 from Quick CNC. My experience so far has been excellent, I can not rate highly enough "The Man" from Quick CNC.

Steve
    Hi Steve, Welcome to the Forum.

I really appreciate you allowing Quick to send the Vacuum pump with your new 12x24 machine. Thankyou.

They are excellent machines and i am sure you will be more than happy with it. If you have any questions about it do not hesitate to ring or call in anytime.

With your background in machinery, preparations for the arrival of the machine are probably easy for you. Make sure to get a set of collets. if you buy from the Hong Kong suppliers they take 2 weeks to arrive. From the USA they take about a week.
    What about Router Bits? If you do not have any there is Mc Jing Online who are reasonably priced and very quick delivery, or plenty in the USA or even Hong kong.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    a client had a fish pump motor go out, bu the time they figured it out he was out a 5500.00 us$ spindle!!

jim
    Hi Jim, That would be very easy to overlook. Been using my machine all week and have not thought to check the flow of water.

Thanks for the heads up. I will make it a habit to check everytime we turn the machine on.

Had one of those " machine gotcha " moments yesterday. Surfaced the spoilboard only to find out that the MDF board had bowed up in the centre. Screwed it down and then went to surface the board again. Missed a decimal point in the program and took a big chunk out of the board. Fitting a new " new " spoilboard today.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile The simple things in life can be the most satisfying!

Last night we all had a fantastic time at Barbara`s 60th Birthday Party. She was absolutely stoked with her carved sign and took it around to show everybody at all the tables. Here is a photo of Barbara and her clan

Had a request last week from 15 year old John at work to carve a Dora the Explorer sign for his 2 year old daughter ( yes- 15 year old John! ).
    As the people at work saw the signs they all put in their different requests. It is going to be a busy week at work as i cut them all. Will be good practice for me.

Fitted the new 16mm spoilboard to the 1200 x2400 machine on Friday and surfaced it - this time without problems. Carved a 3mm Rebate into it which will make it easy to position the items to be routered

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve, Welcome to the Forum.

I really appreciate you allowing Quick to send the Vacuum pump with your new 12x24 machine. Thankyou.

They are excellent machines and i am sure you will be more than happy with it. If you have any questions about it do not hesitate to ring or call in anytime.

With your background in machinery, preparations for the arrival of the machine are probably easy for you. Make sure to get a set of collets. if you buy from the Hong Kong suppliers they take 2 weeks to arrive. From the USA they take about a week.
    What about Router Bits? If you do not have any there is Mc Jing Online who are reasonably priced and very quick delivery, or plenty in the USA or even Hong kong.

Rocket.
    Hi Rocket, Thanks for the welcome!

When is the 600x1000 machine's BBQ/Beer warming party happening???

The 1200x2400 should arrive late November but knowing how things work on the wharf, maybe early December!!. At least it gives me time to prepare. I have already started ordering bits and pieces, thanks for point me in the right direction. With the Aust dollar going up and heading for parity with USD$. I'm holding off purchasing software for another couple off weeks. I plan on using Vectric's Cut2D and Cut3D software.

Do you know anyone using Mach3 on a Quick CNC machine?

a client had a fish pump motor go out, bu the time they figured it out he was out a 5500.00 us$ spindle!!
    Thanks Jim also for the heads-up on checking the fish pump motor. I plan on fitting a peizo buzzer to a flow sensor to cry out if it goes off line.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yes - probably about time for BBQ

When is the 600x1000 machine's BBQ/Beer warming party happening???

Hi Mitch, Could not fit anybody into my garage at the moment! I do some " Autopian " style car Polishing with my trusty Flex VRG3401 Forced Rotation Polisher and at the moment there is a BF XR6 crammed into the garage up against the 600 x 1000 Router. Then next week the Mustang motor and trans will be ready to go back into the car, then 3 more cars waiting to be polished. http://www.detailparadise.com.au/mod...ewtopic&t=4223

However, I would like to put on a CNC Barbie at our factory around April next year. Work is too busy to do it any earlier. All CNCzone members will be invited. I promise that it will be a day to remember. Frank cooks a mean BBQ. We could have a keg or two. Maybe some strippers... Oops - wifey just hit me on the back of the head. Sorry, not allowed to have strippers. Women!!! OK - How about some CNC Routers and a Mustang Display? Will work on it.

Mitch, You will have your Quick CNC Router before you know it.

We are also hoping that the Aussie Dollar hits parity with the US Dollar so that we can Import some more cars.

I think that Gary from WA is fitting Mach3 to his Quick machine as soon as it arrives. The blokes from WA post a lot on the Woodworking Australia Forum in the CNC Section. Probably find out if he has done it there. He has not posted here for a while.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of the first signs cut with the 12x24 machine was a 2005 Mustang -

We decided to paint the sign to see how it would look. Frank did the painting. Here is the sign after Frank`s handiwork -

This gives me the inspiration to cut a whole series of Mustang signs to put up on the walls at work. My son takes his 65 Mustang down to have it inspected for registration tomorrow. He has done all the work himself on this car in his spare time, which took him 3 years. So the 65 series will be the next set.

Having a problem with my programming. I am sure it is not the machine. If i draw a square with equal dimensions, and set X/Y Zero on the edge of the board, then router it - my dimensions are out by the width of the tool on 2 sides. But if i set X/Y Zero from the centre of the board it is correct. Can any experienced blokes advise what i am doing wrong? Surely it is not necessary to design with the zero point in the centre of the board.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CNC Barbie

What no strippers..........bugger, can't the Boss be sent interstate for business that week? What about a skimpy or two? Anyway count me in, sounds like a great idea.

Rod, I'll be off-line for a couple of weeks. Going fishing. Talk to you when I get back.

Mitch

Downloads
    Uploads

rockin rod here is what is next!! there are table topd that will fit on machines like yours

jim

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYiUTpm_LE"]YouTube - x3 rotary movie 0001

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default WOW!!!!

Hi Jim, I am awestruck - That is some sensational work that you are doing. ( With the Camaster AND the Video Camera! ).

How are your cabinetmakers coping with all this new technology? Are they embracing it or do they want to blow up the CNC Router?

Enjoyed the Emailed photos of the " awkward moments ". Thanks - please keep them coming.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post

Having a problem with my programming. I am sure it is not the machine. If i draw a square with equal dimensions, and set X/Y Zero on the edge of the board, then router it - my dimensions are out by the width of the tool on 2 sides. But if i set X/Y Zero from the centre of the board it is correct. Can any experienced blokes advise what i am doing wrong? Surely it is not necessary to design with the zero point in the centre of the board.

Rocket.
    Can you post the code for this simple square?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
    CNC Barbie

What no strippers..........bugger, can't the Boss be sent interstate for business that week? What about a skimpy or two? Anyway count me in, sounds like a great idea.

Rod, I'll be off-line for a couple of weeks. Going fishing. Talk to you when I get back.

Mitch
    Have fun when you go fishing.

Sorry - cannot send the boss interstate for the BBQ - she will be doing a lot of the catering.

Was a very unhappy day for us yesterday. My son took his 65 Mustang down to have it inspected for registration. The Lamebrained Imbeciles at Regency knocked it back. I am now convinced that we live in the most backward State in the Country - and quite possibly the World.
    After 3 years Restoration of the rust free body ( from Arizona ), the car is an absolute Glamour. One of the best you would ever find.
    Get this - He fitted Disc Brakes to the front, a booster and dual reservoir master cylinder. The brakes showed 97% efficiency on their testing rollers. But the idiots knocked it back because the calipers did not have Kelsey Hayes written on them! Yet - if he puts the old drum brakes back on it they will pass it. Morons!
    The motor is a fully rebuilt 302 from Eagle Performance in Melbourne. We had already taken off the Aluminium intake manifold off and put a standard manifold on it - just to appease the registration Authorities. They knocked him back on the motor even though he has the receipt stating it is a 302. They want proof it is a 302. How do you do that? Yeah Right!
    He spent $1,800 on an Exhaust system. It is nice and quiet - but not allowed - Why? - It has Extractors on it. Ye Gads!
    These are all rules that apply in order to keep it LHD in our State. In other States you can modify them however you like, as long as they are roadworthy.
    Rant over. He has a total of $53K in this car. We will persevere and get it through. Interesting to note that my 68 Coupe went through a month or so ago. Same brakes as the other car! Passed no problem.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

roc, the technology is going thru a simplification process!!

more soon

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Can you post the code for this simple square?
    Hi Gerry , I am happy to post the code - if only i knew how to.

The last couple of days i have been setting the X/Y Zero in the centre of the board to overcome the problem. Had Ramon check out the programming, he said it is correct - all dimensions entered correctly. He also checked the pulse equivalent on the machine and found that to be OK.

I will run the same program on the small machine tomorrow and see if the same thing happens.

Ramon finishes at Uni in early December, and has been accepted for a position within his chosen vocation. ( Computer Sciences. ) Congratulations Ramon! All the best in your new career. We will miss You!

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The inspections' idiots are always kee-jerk or they don't want to get you thru as you haven't present at the right time. Only they don't want, maybe he's just spearated with his gf or quarreled with his wife in the morning or just lost in a lottery last night, but the only reason is they did have a bad mood that day. Good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool The Inspector was a Female

G`day Rick, I think you are on the right track. Might have something to do with cycles.

At one stage she had the front wheels jacked up and was jemmying them up, down and sideways trying to find some play. There was none of course - It is all brand new steering and suspension components!

This particular inspector is gaining a reputation among car restorers as being very deliberate in going out of her way to find problems.

It will not deter us. We will in future leave the unsafe drum brakes on the cars and do the absolute minimum work on them, get them passed and then do the upgrades.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

just how many mustangs do you have? them doggone things are all over up here!!

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jim, Including the Rustang we bought from Missouri - 9.

Currently looking for a 69 Mach1. My son was going to hop on a plane next week to Los Angeles in search of a couple of rust free cars - but had to postpone it. Doctors orders!

Should be able to get a reasonable Mach1 in need of paint for around 15k. Must be absolutely original, V8, Auto, Rust Free - which pretty well counts out East Coast cars. Always looking for Fastbacks in need of Resto. If you come across any - let us know.

How is your lathework coming along.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Formalism waste life and money!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Carter View Post
    Formalism waste life and money!!
    Huh? Sorry Rick - Do not understand what you mean. If you are talking about the cars - relax. They are an investment. Check out the prices on Ebay`s Australia site. You will see what i mean.... err...if that is what you mean?

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rocket,

Looks like you have been having some fun, its not so hard to operate the CNC now is it?

Shannon.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast