Uploads
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Thank you very much Gerry,

I'm trying to check and will try the trial versions first.

regards,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile A bit cheeky Mary

Quote Originally Posted by limacchina View Post
    LIMAC CNC Router from China
    www.limac.cc

mary@limac.cc
    Welcome to the Jinan Quick CNC Router Thread Mary. Together with Roctech we can have a real Chinese get together here. Heck, lets have a party! Crack the Tsingtaos open and i will bring the Kangaroo and camel steaks.

On a more serious note - we did not crank up the big machine today. The Electricians finished the power connection in the factory but ran out of time to connect the machine. Our fault because we had them put up some more lighting in the factories. They have another job on tomorrow and will be back on Thursday.

I have been busy in the shop and have done nothing on the other machines today. Maybe tomorrow.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Simon, i was told that you were the one who cut the big leaf on the router the other day. Sorry mate i was told initially that it was Matty Zee and Ramon.

Great work!

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Rod,

No worries, its was just a sample file from Cut3D when we were testing my G-code.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Hey Simon, i was told that you were the one who cut the big leaf on the router the other day. Sorry mate i was told initially that it was Matty Zee and Ramon.

Great work!

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up More progress today

Did some more work on getting the 1200 x 2400 ready today. This machine has a 3KW Water Cooled Spindle. These Spindles only require a flow rate of about 60 litres per hour, so a fountain pump is supplied to circulate the water.

I wanted to ensure that there was absolutely no chance of somebody knocking over a bucket of water near the machine. So we built a shelf unit 1000mm wide x 750mm high and used a jigsaw to cut out the top in order to recess the buckets into the shelf unit - thus avoiding any chance of the bucket of water being knocked over. Tried to be clever by recessing 2 buckets into the top to use the same shelf unit for both machines, but found out when i went to connect them that the hose was not long enough. Do not want any more joins than necessary, now we need to make a second unit for the small machine.

The hose for the pump is only 5 or 6 mm in diameter, so i had to search for a reducer to connect the hose to the fountain pump. Finally found them in a hydroponics shop. Drilled some holes in the lid of the bucket for the hoses to run through as i had to make sure that MDF dust does not get into the water. Tried it out and it works like a charm.

Next it was time to secure the DSP cable to the machine. Cannot have anybody tripping over the cable and bending the pins. So this job is a must before running the machine.

Here are some photos -

Rocket

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02508-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02500-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02502-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02507-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02491-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02493-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02496-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02505-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

roc in the US we call cable security "STRESS RELIEF"

crank em up!!

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know im a buggy bastard but any news about the bed and it running

Good or bad

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up It is FanBloodyTastic!!!!! Yeah Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    I know im a buggy bastard but any news about the bed and it running

Good or bad
    The Electrician came on Thursday to finish connecting the machine. When we tested it - it would only move toward the home position on the Y Axis (length). Had absolutely no idea what was wrong. Everything else tested OK.

Matty Zee ( forum member and friend ) came over yesterday with his MultiMeter and tested the wiring. All good. Next he swapped the X axis wires with the Y Axis wires. The Y axis was then Ok, problem was transferred to the X axis. So he figured the problem was in the Breakout Board. I contacted the manufacturer in China and they immediately put another Breakout Board on Express Air freight.

Matty took the Breakout board home last night to see if he could find a problem. Eureka!!! With the board under magnification he could see a bent pin in the connector.

Turns out the Electrician bent the pin when he fitted it inside the control box. Matt came down with his lovely wife and daughter this morning and refitted the board. I am happy to say it is now working as it should. He is a very clever person and i am proud to know him. Thankyou Matt!!!

Busy in the shop for the next couple of hours -but will take and post some photos in a couple of hours.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up All Good

After a couple of harrowing days it is great to feel such relief.

Bottom line is Jinan Quick CNC Router Co. did an excellent job in making and sending the three CNC Routers. We are the ones who messed it up.
    So thankyou Rick and all the team at Quick.

Here are some photos of the 1500 x 3000 machine and Ramon taking the gantry for a drive.

I am off to the pub for a few celebratory Crownies.

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02511-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02512-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02513-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02515-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02516-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02517-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02525-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02523-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02519-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02522-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02521-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Quick CNC say a big thankyou to Matty Zee

Matt , i have received an Email from Quick CNC requesting that i pass on their thanks and profound gratitude to you for diagnosing and fixing the machine. I second that.

They were absolutely perplexed at the problem - as they had tested the machines and pump very carefully before packing them for the trip.

In my opinion - a good test of any business is their reaction to a problem after the money has been handed over. Jinan Quick CNC stood up and took notice - and action - by sending the replacement part upon request.
    I have decided that we will pay for the part that is on it`s way. Can only be a good thing to have spares on hand.

Here are a couple of Videos of their new machines -

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No worries Rocket. Glad to help. Those are some great machines you have there.

P.S. I've posted some pics of my new machine here. Enjoy

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast