Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases - Page 2

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Game on!!!

We were advised yesterday that our machines will arrive Thursday morning

So there are a few busy days ahead. Things have been organised to flow pretty quickly. The Electrician is coming to wire them up on Friday. The spoilboards should arrive today. Just need to make some room in the factory.

Should be cutting with the big machine on Friday arvo.

Will post plenty of photos as it all happens.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up The Quick CNC Routers have arrived

Hi guys, The machines arrived at the scheduled time of 9.30. We had hired a large ( huge ) forklift to get them unloaded from the flatbed truck.

It has all gone very smoothly so far and we have already unpacked the 600mm x1000mm router. We are quite impressed so far.

Here are some photos of the load, unpacking and the machine.

Need to rush as the boys are waiting to uncrate the other 2 machines.

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02410-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02412-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02414-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02415-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02417-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02421-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02422-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02423-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02430-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02429-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02431-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02428-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02425-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02424-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It has been a very productive day. All 3 machines have been unpacked.

It has taken all day as we wanted to dismantle each crate and then load the van up with all of the ply, timber and steel so that we did not have rubbish everywhere. I can report that a lot of material goes into those crates. the bases of the 2 bigger machines were made from steel -you could build a trailer from it.

The machines were packed very well. No issues to report at this stage.

As far as quality of build is concerned - they are all heavy machines with welded steel frames. They appear to have been put together very well. We are thrilled to bits with them so far.

The Electrician will be here tomorrow. he has a lot of work to put in the three phase points for the big machine. We hope to have it running tomorrow arvo.

Have taken more photos but Photobucket is undergoing site maintenance so i cannot log on. Will post them tonight. Going home for a rest.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do they just use 20A 415V?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The 1500 x 3000 Quick CNC Router

There were some rumblings yesterday and suggestions that maybe one brand is better than the other. After unpacking this machine what we found is a CNC Router that is the same - but different.

The table is well built and has quite good welds. The finish of the machine is excellent. The bakelite Vacuum table is certainly straight with no apparent dips.
    The Spindle is a 4.5 KW HSD and is well protected inside the large glass fronted cover. The large cover does however limit access to change bits. Originally i expected that the cover would hinge open in order to change bits, but it is stationary and the dust shoe is what opens up for a bit change. I presume that the idea is to prevent dust from collecting on the Spindle. Also visible inside the cover are the Lubrication lines which lube the Z Axis Ballscrew. Will find out if the dustcover impedes access to the bit changing area after we connect the wiring up ( hopefully tomorrow ).

The side rails appear well built, and the Lubrication system should ensure smooth travel of the gantry.

For this machine we opted for the water cooled vacuum pump. I noticed that the machine does not have a vacuum tank under the table. Instead it has a very neat looking series of 6 hoses that lead to a type of manifold at one end of the table. The Vacuum is operated from switches on the operation console - where you can choose all or any of the six zones.

The operation console is a very well built unit. Nice gloss finish and good quality fittings on the cabinet. The controls look to be straightforward and you need a key to start the machine.

At this time we are stoked with the machine and look forward to cranking it up.

Will quit rambling now. Here are some photos of the machine

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02433-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02435-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02438-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02439-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02444-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02446-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02447-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02457-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02449-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02455-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02456-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02454-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02461-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02463-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02462-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    Do they just use 20A 415V?
    Hi blue^ray, The bigger machines are supplied as 380 volt three phase. In Australia our 3 phase is 415 volt but it works just fine as there can be a variation of 10%. Our first machine is the same.

There can be an issue with tripping the fuse breaker. These machines use an incredible amount of power at initial start up, but then drop straight back down. Therefore if you buy a machine with 3 phase you need a " Motor Rated Breaker "of 40 amps at least.

Our other 2 smaller machines are single phase for 240volt. We may have an issue with the 1200 x 2400 machine because it has a 3kw water cooled spindle. I think most people using 240 volt will have a maximum 2.2kw spindle. We will have the Electrician fit a 20 amp breaker and see how it goes.

The 600 x 1000 machine has a 1.5kw spindle, so no problem there.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

WOW Rod, they both look really good. I really like the stand only control panel and I'm sure Ramon will love it as well, not having to bend over and turn the vaccum levers. The oil canister which lubricates the slide is a fantastic idea, is it automatic or do you have to pump a lever?

Can't wait to see them!

Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Simon, Yes, the control panel is at a very comfortable height and will make the operator`s job easier.

It looks to me that the Lubrication canister has a lever operated pump. Not sure yet how often it needs to be pumped.

You picked up on the 2 main features that caused us to buy this brand of machine.

Drop in anytime and check them out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-lubricationsystem-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Joy today!

The bloody Electrician has let us down today.

He just rang to say he will be here Monday. We shall see.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The Quick CNC 1200 x 2400

We are still extremely annoyed with the Electrician. In our business we currently have 7 Installers who each fit 2-3 Robes per day. So it is imperative that we are all extremely organised. We regard it as an Epic Fail if we ever let a customer down. This is a new Electrician that we are trying out. He is not off to a good start with us.

On the positive side, it did give us a chance to catch up with our workload on Friday.

The 1200 x 2400 machine has a 3KW Water Cooled spindle.It has a dust cover over the Spindle area, and the same as the big machine - the dustshoe opens in order to change bits.

The T Slot Table is well constructed and seems to be flat and straight.

This machine also has the Lubrication System. I am a bit concerned that somebody may knock the canister with a board and break it. So we will build a guard around it.

I have been to the hardware store to buy some 1/2" clips to secure the DSP cable to the machine.

The Pump that is supplied for the Water Cooled spindle has the wrong type of fitting on the power cord. No biggie, i bought another pump locally for $39. The Water Cooled Spindle is very popular among the DIY machine builders as it is very quiet when running. They only require about 60 litres per hour of water flow, hence the use of low cost fountain pumps to circulate the water. There is a lot of info about these Spindles in the DIY section of this Forum.

Here are a few photos of the machine -

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02464-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02468-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02469-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02466-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02467-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Crank em up!!

i wanted to chime in so i can get the notice when you post!!

i think you oughta call your new business

"Rocket Science"

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hi Jim, It might as well be Rocket Science at the moment.

In the middle of checking out the supplied instructional CD`s at the moment. I think they might have been written by Rocket Scientists!

The DSP Instructions are well written in English - but the rest is all in Chinese.

The wiring on the big machine is going to be a bit more complex than we had anticipated, as the Operater`s Console also turns on the Vacuum Pump, so it all has to be interconnected.
    Rick from Quick CNC has been very helpful in Emailing some instructions in English. I am sure we can figure it all out.

We will document and photograph all of the connection procedure and put it on this thread for future reference.

Jim, i saw the video of your guest appearance at the Woodwork Show. You are a natural - Mc Grew the film star!

Rocket.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast