Excitech CNC - Syntec Controller Users - Page 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Excitech CNC - Syntec Controller Users

Downloads
    Uploads

Mitch,
    This is spencer's business partner. Thx for your help, we cleared those errors. But our spindle is not firing up. The only way we've had it spinning is by manually pushing the start button on the vfd in the cabinet. I don't know if we are missing something or not. The preloaded programs are running but the spindle isn't starting and we can't manually start it with the method you've shown us. Do you know what Aux 1 is? Once it's lit up it doesn't come off again, and it appears that it needs to be on for the machine to do much of anything.
    Blair

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wulfheir View Post
    The only way we've had it spinning is by manually pushing the start button on the vfd in the cabinet. I don't know if we are missing something or not.
    I don't know your machine, so I am not sure if this will help, but generally most VFD's have either a parameter or a local keypad setting that sets the VFD into remote rather than local mode.
    It sounds like this might be the case with yours.
    Hopefully you have the VFD manual, most are down loadable from the VFD Manuf. web site
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Blair,

I'm not sure what AUX1 is for. Mine stays on when you press it, but it doesn't seem to control anything. If you want to give me a call at 480-221-5838 I'm at the shop now. maybe we can figure something out

mitch

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spencer & Blair,

I got my spindle working in MDI mode just as you instructed. I found out that AUX1 needs to be one to do this. Isn't this great fun!!!!!!

Thanks, Mitch

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I don't know your machine, so I am not sure if this will help, but generally most VFD's have either a parameter or a local keypad setting that sets the VFD into remote rather than local mode.
    It sounds like this might be the case with yours.
    Hopefully you have the VFD manual, most are down loadable from the VFD Manuf. web site
    Al.
    Thx Al, we are looking into it now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mhkwd View Post
    Spencer & Blair,

I got my spindle working in MDI mode just as you instructed. I found out that AUX1 needs to be one to do this. Isn't this great fun!!!!!!

Thanks, Mitch
    Mitch,
    I'm back in Alberta now for at least 2 weeks so only Spencer will be in the shop. Sorry I did not get your last post until I had left BC. I'll email Taney asking what AUX1 does. I have a guess, that it's to establish a remote connection with the VFD. It would make sense why it wouldn't come off until the machine is powered down. It would also back up your testing relating to your MDI instruction to start the spindle.
    Blair

Downloads
    Uploads

Default English Language + Error codes

I'm posting some info Mitch has in the thread here for other users to see.

The process to change language is:

Main Menu-Press LEFT ARROW-F6-F5-input "3209" Enter- Input "0" enter-input password "520" enter- restart the system the language will change to English.

AlarmMsg:65 "The hair brushes action and carry out"
    AlarmMsg:66 "The Z stalk is turn an abnormality"
    AlarmMsg:68 "The principal axis is stop failure"
    AlarmMsg:70 "Process a medium key invalid"
    AlarmMsg:72 "The principal axis has no knife" No Tool Loaded
    AlarmMsg:74 "Change the knife failure"
    AlarmMsg:75 "Clip knife failure"
    AlarmMsg:76 "The knife database releases failure"
    AlarmMsg:77 "The knife database sends back failure"
    AlarmMsg:79 "The breeze presses shortage" Low Air Pressure
    AlarmMsg:57 "Urgently stop" Emergency Stop
    AlarmMsg:82 "The Y stalk looks for to order to correct failure at first"
    AlarmMsg:86 "The hair brushes a non-arrival"

Red text is mine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taney
    1. The AUX1 is for start the vacuum system(If you don't start the vacuum , you can not run the file)

2. If the spindle could not stard automantically, pls check two parameters on VFD, the 0200 should be 01, and 0201 should 02.
    Taney just wrote me. We've got a t-slot/vacuum combo. When we're using clamps, we don't want the vacuum on, I've asked Taney to clarify.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blair,

AUX1 starting the Vacuum does not make sense to me. I do not see any high voltage control lugs to control the vacuum in the controller. Am I missing something? Do you see this in your controller?

Mitch

Downloads
    Uploads

Mitch,
    No, we don't see any connection either. I've emailed Taney asking. I've thought that maybe it's just a button that tells the controller to 'listen' to a vacuum sensor. But that doesn't hold water because we don't have power to our vacuum yet, let alone actually providing negative pressure to the machine. And ours does run programs (sans spindle for the moment) without having a vacuum hooked up.

Spencer checked our VFD settings and those two parameters he told us to verify were both set to factory settings, so we'll know tomorrow if that solves the problem, sounds promising.

Here's a link to our VFD manual if you are interested.(4.5 mg)

Blair

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blair,

Thanks for the manual. When I first had problems knowing what error codes I had, I thought that it might be a no vacuum error. I looked for wires that might be connected under the table for a vacuum sensor, but could not find any. Let me know what you find out from Taney.

BR, Mitch

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taney
    Yes, if you want to run the file you need to press the AUX1, But no need to open the vacuum system if you don't need it. AUX1 is like an order that without it, the controller doesn't know the machine has been ready.
    He must be at his computer, swift reply.

So basically, it's just a reminder to yourself to check your own vacuum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That Nice to Know. Too bad we have to learn about it this way.

I'm going to bed... Mitch

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syntec Controller

Aux 1 must be "on" so the spindle can power up, zero the axis, etc.... You can't do much of anything without it "on". Here's how to operate:

1. Turn on main power (make sure compressed air is connected & pressurized. there is a pressure switch that won't allow the machine to operate if the air pressure is too low)
    2. Press green start button on right side on control panel
    3. Turn both dial switches to 100% The switch on the left is % feed speed and the one on the right is % spindle speed
    4. Press the "zero" key (it's one up and 3 to the left on the MDI button)
    5. Now press the X+, Y+ and Z+ keys and your spindle will travel to the machine zero position.
    Now you should be getting the green "ready" indication on your monitor menu bar.

You will have to put a tool holder into the spindle and that should clear all those alarms you have been getting. Take one of your toolholders and put it inside of the tapered hole at the spindle nose. Move the toolholder as far in as you can and then press the aux7 key. That will grab and secure the tool holder. Now press the "reset" key and you should be ready now. Press the "spindle clockwise" key (the one with the arrow rotating clockwise). Your spindle should start turning at 1000 rpm. Now most of what is left is setting up your tools and tool comps.

Do you have the 900T or 900ME controller? The instructions above will work on either.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up gvr - Great post!

Greetings from down under.

Thankyou for posting. There are quite a few of us in OZ paying particular attention to this thread. We intend to purchase the ATC machine later this year - but were quite concerned that we would have no idea how to operate the Syntec controller.

With your help i am sure that the USA owners will be up and running very quickly.

Thankyou.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Visual Mill for Excitech

I've recently purchased an Excitech router and am now looking for a Visual Mill post. Anybody out there that can help?

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    With your help i am sure that the USA owners will be up and running very quickly.
    Don't forget the Canadian owners, ya kiwi!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Rocket, hope the post helps. Now that I know you Syntec folks are on this thread I'll try to follow it and help if I can. You'll find the factory's support on the Syntec controller is marginal. Not that they aren't willing- it's that they just don't know it well enough yet to translate that knowledge to English or any language other than Chinese for that matter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tutorials

G`day gvr, Your post helps immensely. It was clear, concise and easy to follow.

I wonder if it would be possible for you to write a series of tutorials on this thread - along the lines of how to import files into the Syntec Controller, and the different operations of the controller.

Hope this is not asking too much of you. Your writing style certainly makes it easy to follow, and will result in the blokes from USA, Canada, South Africa etc being able to crank up their Routers and get Routering.

Thanks again for your valued assistance.

Rocket ( Adelaide, South Australia, New Zealand. )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Creations

Possibly could help you with a post for Visual Mill. PM me if you are still needing the post. I will need some info from you and some time to write it.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast