CNCest 6040 Spindle not working

Thread: CNCest 6040 Spindle not working

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNCest 6040 Spindle not working

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit new to CNC machines but I'm IT savvy as in I'm a technician by trade.
    Ok, so I have the 6040 and to be honest it looks well built, I do like it I must admit.....

I did have a problem where nothing worked and figured out I did not have the .dll file loaded into
    the 'plugins' for the Mach3 USB , so no wonder...s/w. By the way, I'm using a laptop with widows 10 and I've got
    the Mach 3 milling app working. I can control the X,Y,Z, not using A, but for the life of me I cant get the Spindle
    running...

I did notice the small square board inside ( red one ) , the wire ( white in my case ) was wired to output 2. This is obviously
    wrong given the videos I watched which have output #1 as the one for the Spindle signal. All other wiring seems ok,
    On my set up the colours for the 4 wired spindle control are red,black, yellow and white. RED/BLACK power then
    the yellow is the 10V control and the white is the enable I guess....

So I've checked the config out on the ports and pins. All seems in order.

The switch on the top for PC and Manual, I turn it to Manual and I don't get a response from the Spindle either which
    is a bit odd, I think this must be a power issue perhaps?? Not sure, I don't want to have to go probing with a Multimeter but
    I will if I have to....

So thats it, I thougt by now I'd have it figured out but our friends in China didn't answer my mail yet, maybe they will....

If anyone has ideas I'd be glad to hear....

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Richiek67 View Post
    Hi Folks,

Ok, so I have the 6040 and to be honest it looks well built, I do like it I must admit.....

I did have a problem where nothing worked and figured out I did not have the .dll file loaded into
    the 'plugins' for the Mach3 USB , so no wonder...s/w. By the way, I'm using a laptop with widows 10 and I've got
    the Mach 3 milling app working. I can control the X,Y,Z, not using A, but for the life of me I cant get the Spindle
    running...

I did notice the small square board inside ( red one ) , the wire ( white in my case ) was wired to output 2. This is obviously
    wrong given the videos I watched which have output #1 as the one for the Spindle signal. All other wiring seems ok,
    On my set up the colours for the 4 wired spindle control are red,black, yellow and white. RED/BLACK power then

The switch on the top for PC and Manual, I turn it to Manual and I don't get a response from the Spindle either which
    is a bit odd, I think this must be a power issue perhaps?? Not sure, I don't want to have to go probing with a Multimeter but
    I will if I have to....

So thats it, I thougt by now I'd have it figured out but our friends in China didn't answer my mail yet, maybe they will....

Can you post a jpg photo of your connection terminal and board type please ?

It's possible the incorrectly wired motor (initially) has damaged the board or other.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCest 6040 Spindle not working

Ok, perhaps it is but being an output pin , not connected initially, I don't know..?

I attached a phot, I hope this is ok, if not I can take another....

Cheers
    Rich

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Do you have parallel port plugged in ? If it is, the controller will wait for the PC to allow the spindle to spin so unplug the parallel and turn the knob to Manual.
    If it doesn't work still, verify that your VFD is set as following :
    This post was made by "carl1961" from this forum.

I remember having the entering 400 long back when I did mine, it is tricky getting the far left digits entered especially if there is a max number (hard-coded in the firmware that it won't let you go over) another thing verify your spindle has 220 volts on it. if your power in is 220.
    try going left of the 50 and put 3 and then change the 5 to 0 and then back to the 3 and change to 4

Try it in the order that that was posted here before

you already did the factory reset so go to step 2 and hang d002 first then d001 and so on.

1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)
    c) Set D001 to 1this allows you to change settings
    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

Hope it work for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Richiek67 View Post
    Hi Folks,

running...

I will if I have to....

It can be wired for output 2 as long as the Ports and pins match, I would say seeing you can run it with manual control then there is a VFD Drive Parameter that may need to be changed

What VFD Drive is in your box

Mactec54