Manual ESTOP not activating

Thread: Manual ESTOP not activating

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Manual ESTOP not activating

I have a Chinese CNCEST 3040 4 axis mill with the supplied box to convert from parallel port to usb.(blue) I'm running windows 10/64 bit with the RnRMotion plugin, and Mach3. It didn't come with any instructions. The ESTOP is set at Port 1, Pin 10. The reset button on the display screen flashes, and responds to being reset. the emergency block on the diagnostis page is never lit. when I activate the manual ESTOP on the box nothing happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHJ View Post
    I have a Chinese CNCEST 3040 4 axis mill with the supplied box to convert from parallel port to usb.(blue) I'm running windows 10/64 bit with the RnRMotion plugin, and Mach3. It didn't come with any instructions. The ESTOP is set at Port 1, Pin 10. The reset button on the display screen flashes, and responds to being reset. the emergency block on the diagnostis page is never lit. when I activate the manual ESTOP on the box nothing happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Is this a physical button or a soft key ? E-stops are usually wired normally closed and when pressed its input is lost so emergency alarm is active. Is there a parameter to reverse the function or is the wiring faulty?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Manual ESTOP not activating

It's the physical button on the box that's not responding. Under the input signal dialog box, I have the ESTOP Enabled, Port 1, Pin 10, Active Low and not Emulated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Technically you should have an E-stop hardwired circuit that operates the E-Stop relay, this relay should disconnect all motive power to drives, spindles etc, and advise the controller an E-stop has occurred.
    IOW, it should not be entirely or solely a software input.
    The E-string should keep the E-stop relay engaged until a E-stop occurs.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Technically you should have an E-stop hardwired circuit that operates the E-Stop relay, this relay should disconnect all motive power to drives, spindles etc, and advise the controller an E-stop has occurred.
    IOW, it should not be entirely or solely a software input.
    The E-string should keep the E-stop relay engaged until a E-stop occurs.
    Agree, as I commented earlier, the wiring or pin-outs must be incorrect.

Downloads
    Uploads

I took the cover off the box and confirmed it's hooked up. I used a V.O.M. and checked resistance, 14.29 ohms in operating mode, and .3 in ESTOP mode. I read someplace that the Chinese boxes are problematic. Do you think that is all, or part of my problem? I have no idea what to replace it with, what would you suggest?

Downloads
    Uploads

I took the cover off the box and confirmed it's hooked up. I used a V.O.M. and checked resistance, 14.29 ohms in operating mode, and .3 in ESTOP mode. I read someplace that the Chinese boxes are problematic. Do you think that is all, or part of my problem? I have no idea what to replace it with, what would you suggest?
    Downloaded your MC manual and yes port 1 pin 10 is the e-stop signal. There is a test procedure in the manual and says you can check the signal and function from your pc.

Have you tried this ?

Last edited by servtech; 02-11-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you send me a link to the MC manual you mentioned? My machine came in a box with no instructions. I got my port and pin configurations off from videos and forums. I have several other anomalies I would like to correct as well. If you can send me a link, I would really appreciate being able to sort this thing out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you send me a link to the MC manual you mentioned? My machine came in a box with no instructions. I got my port and pin configurations off from videos and forums. I have several other anomalies I would like to correct as well. If you can send me a link, I would really appreciate being able to sort this thing out.
    CNC_3040_CNC_3040Z_DQ_User_Manual

Copy and paste above into google you will find a download. From chinacnczone.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Upon reading some of the experiences of receiving Chinese based M/C's, and wiring practices, I would hazard a guess that the E-stop in question does not conform to N.A. standards, and probably not EU either.
    That E-stop, more than likely just goes into the PC to be registered by software condition only!

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the link. I ran the test, the reset on the display screen seems to work, but the physical ESTOP button on the box appears to be a decoration. It does nothing. Assuming the control box is nonconforming, is there a good replacement that you would recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the link. I ran the test, the reset on the display screen seems to work, but the physical ESTOP button on the box appears to be a decoration. It does nothing. Assuming the control box is nonconforming, is there a good replacement that you would recommend?
    What Breakout Board is in the control box, does it look like this Board, if so, there are some simple checks to see how it has been connected, there may be a wire that is disconnected, or a Parameter not set correct in the control Mach3.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manual ESTOP not activating-breakout-board-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The button needs a latched normally closed swtich with a wire through it to cut the e-stop input at pin 10 (at the very least). Better still, a second NC contact on the same button, to a control relay so the CNC "knows" there is an e-stop and power to all drives are cut.
    Legally e-stop buttons are hard wired in this way to kill movement and spindle rpm.

Downloads
    Uploads

In Ports & Pins check the EStop configurations Input Signals Active Low X Emulated X, If Emulated is checked, there may be a problem in the EStop Circuit, uncheck this as it should not be checked.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Active low was checked so we unchecked it and it didn't help. I found a diagram for the controller that I have and was able to correctly configure the ports and pins to fix the estop issue. I ended up finding out that the estop was connected to IN1 instead of what the chinacnczone tutorial said. Everything I have found has said it's port 1, pin 10 and ended up with port 3, pin 1 and everything works. Thank you so very much for your time, patience, and assistance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Active low was checked so we unchecked it and it didn't help. I found a diagram for the controller that I have and was able to correctly configure the ports and pins to fix the estop issue. I ended up finding out that the estop was connected to IN1 instead of what the chinacnczone tutorial said. Everything I have found has said it's port 1, pin 10 and ended up with port 3, pin 1 and everything works. Thank you so very much for your time, patience, and assistance.
    That was the Mach3 default Port 1 Pin 10 so had not been configured correct, yes that is the correct Port 3 Pin 1 for your control, do you have a link to the diagram.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the forum thread that I found and also a screenshot of the actual configurations that were suggested. https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=41002.0

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the forum thread that I found and also a screenshot of the actual configurations that were suggested. https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=41002.0
    Out of all those Posts only the one had it correct, for that Board, all the Inputs and Outputs use Port 3 how you configure the wiring is up to you most use Port 3 Pin 1 for the Estop connection, but you can use any of the Inputs for the Estop connection it is your choice.

Mactec54