Need Help! NK105 G3

Thread: NK105 G3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NK105 G3

Hello,

I have a problem with NK105 G3 controller or CNC machine itself. I tried to debug the problem but I'm out of ideas what is wrong.
    Problem:
    On tool change NK105 triggers alarm and machine stops. Current tool is realized, moves to take new tool, grabs it and then stops and stays in bracket and not moves out of the bracket. Tool change operation is not completed and old tool number is assigned in controller. Machine also looses "home", so I can only move out manually out of the bracket, home it and change tool number in controller.
    No error on controller, just 1 sec short alarm flash.
    In log there is always the same line, which do not says much-- M 2022-11-11 21:36:35File '\??\MODULINE\Straight_2.nc' is emergently stopped

I have looked at the board and do not saw any incoming triggers that could cause an alarm, tried to recalibrate tool position on tool change, disconnected all possible sensors to see if it helps, but nothing.
    The most strange thing is that it is not happening constantly. After I start the machine, it operates normally and start to go into this alarm stop after 1-2hours of work. Then after some time it starts to work normally again.
    I can provide videos for this if needed.

Thanks
    Andrius

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by AndriusM; 02-04-2023 at 10:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AndriusM View Post
    Hello,

I have a problem with NK105 G3 controller or CNC machine itself. I tried to debug the problem but I'm out of ideas what is wrong.
    Problem:
    On tool change NK105 triggers alarm and machine stops. Current tool is realized, moves to take new tool, grabs it and then stops and stays in bracket and not moves out of the bracket. Tool change operation is not completed and old tool number is assigned in controller. Machine also looses "home", so I can only move out manually out of the bracket, home it and change tool number in controller.
    No error on controller, just 1 sec short alarm flash.
    In log there is always the same line, which do not says much-- M 2022-11-11 21:36:35File '\??\MODULINE\Straight_2.nc' is emergently stopped

I have looked at the board and do not saw any incoming triggers that could cause an alarm, tried to recalibrate tool position on tool change, disconnected all possible sensors to see if it helps, but nothing.
    The most strange thing is that it is not happening constantly. After I start the machine, it operates normally and start to go into this alarm stop after 1-2hours of work. Then after some time it starts to work normally again.
    I can provide videos for this if needed.

Thanks
    Andrius
    The first thing I would do is check the mechanical position of the tool gripper to the spindle.

Far enough out of position it could pull an axis out of position.

Can you execute the tool change step by step and set up a dial test indicator to see something is being pulled out of position when the tool is grabbed?