Seeking advise on ARFCNC 6040E

Thread: Seeking advise on ARFCNC 6040E

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Seeking advise on ARFCNC 6040E

I am looking to buy my first CNC for prototyping and small batch manufacturing in aluminum. I have done a fair bit of research and I feel that I know what type of machine fits my requirements and budget. I'm not ready to pay 8k-15k for a Tormach or 15k - 50k for a used Haas. I also don't want to waste money on a Ginmitsu 30X series. This leaves me in the 60X series. I know most of these have cheap electronics and sub par rigidity. This has lead me to the OmioCNC for the structural improvements over the garden variety 6040 but it still has poor electronics. Therefore I am looking at the ARFCNC / hl-yeah.com 6040 because it seems to have everything that I am looking for such as:

ball screws vs lead screws
    supported 20mm linear rails vs unsupported linear rods.
    2.2kw water cooled spindle at 220v
    supports mist/flood coolant recirculation
    ethernet interface vs usb or parallel port
    5" of Z travel
    4th axis (I know most of these 4th axis units aren't the best)

https://shop.hl-yeah.com/product-p/arfcnc-6040e.htm

My issue is that this brand and these models have been around since at least 2019 and there is virtually nothing about them on the internet/youtube except for a few promo videos by the manufacturer. This has brought me here to ask if anyone has experience with these units. General opinions on the specs/value are also welcome.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to constructive responses.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Seeking advise on ARFCNC 6040E

Quote Originally Posted by vbsaltydog View Post
    I am looking to buy my first CNC for prototyping and small batch manufacturing in aluminum. I have done a fair bit of research and I feel that I know what type of machine fits my requirements and budget. I'm not ready to pay 8k-15k for a Tormach or 15k - 50k for a used Haas. I also don't want to waste money on a Ginmitsu 30X series. This leaves me in the 60X series. I know most of these have cheap electronics and sub par rigidity. This has lead me to the OmioCNC for the structural improvements over the garden variety 6040 but it still has poor electronics. Therefore I am looking at the ARFCNC / hl-yeah.com 6040 because it seems to have everything that I am looking for such as:

ball screws vs lead screws
    supported 20mm linear rails vs unsupported linear rods.
    2.2kw water cooled spindle at 220v
    supports mist/flood coolant recirculation
    ethernet interface vs usb or parallel port
    5" of Z travel
    4th axis (I know most of these 4th axis units aren't the best)

https://shop.hl-yeah.com/product-p/arfcnc-6040e.htm

My issue is that this brand and these models have been around since at least 2019 and there is virtually nothing about them on the internet/youtube except for a few promo videos by the manufacturer. This has brought me here to ask if anyone has experience with these units. General opinions on the specs/value are also welcome.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to constructive responses.
    Hey mate. Did you end up getting one of these? Trying to decide if they're any good or not. Cheers