Need Help! Zero Tool

Thread: Zero Tool

Default Zero Tool

Hi,

I have a USB 6040 Chinese machine running Mach3. I have never been able to get the Auto Zero Tool to work. I have tried several different scripts, but most seem to put Zero at the top of the machine. The script that came with the machine comes closest to working.

Here is the code:

'chengdu xhc tec. probe z surface macro
    FeedCurrent = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current settings, OEM DROs (818)=Feedrate DRO
    ZCurrent = GetOemDro(802) 'OEM DROs (802)=Z DRO
    GageH = GetOEMDRO(1001) 'OEMDRO(1001)=Gage Block Height
    ZNew = ZCurrent - 300 'probe down 20 mm

Code "G90F200" 'slow feed rate to 100 MM/MIN
    SetOemDRO(818,200)
    Rem Code "G4 P1" 'Pause 1 second to give time to position probe plate
    Code "G31 Z" &ZNew
    While IsMoving()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend
    Call SetDro (2,GageH) 'DRO(2)=Z DRO

FinalMove = GageH + 10
    Code "G0 Z" &FinalMove
    Code "F" &FeedCurrent 'restore starting feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,FeedCurrent)

The problem is that, it hits the tool and figures 0 about 1/4 of an inch too high. I have my units in inches, and it looks like this code is in MM. I wonder if that could be the problem. It also seems to move a little fast. I tried to adjust the offsets, but that would not work either. I have read a few of these questions and I wonder if I could reset the height of my block in this code and make it accurate? If, so, I wonder how to do that?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Scott