Newbie StyleCNC STM1325-R1 Wiring questions - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: StyleCNC STM1325-R1 Wiring questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: StyleCNC STM1325-R1 Wiring questions

I really think there is a wiring issue. Do you have a wiring diagram for the machine?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I did. This would all make more sense if it did. When I asked the company for one, they did not give me a reply on it. Instead they offered to help me with it. It has been in emails back and forth with them asking questions and so forth. The last thing they wanted, even though I told them the numbers, is they wanted a picture showing that all connections *excluding contactor 2* are reading adequate voltage. Everything read 220v. So now I am waiting on their reply also.

Downloads
    Uploads

In other words they don't even know how the damned thing is wired. Without a diagram or me standing in front of the machine this just got a lot more complicated. I know how it should be wired, but trying to communicate that to someone with limited electrical experience is a recipe for disaster.

I'll be interested in what the manufacturer has to say.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what they sent me.

From me doing an ohms test that I was able to figure out they wired it wrong.

But having this diagram makes more sense.

The only thing that looks different is the A1 connection.

In the diagram, he has it connecting to the N on the Contactor 1, then connecting over to the A1 connection, then daisy chaining down to contactor 4's A1.

In my machine, it is reversed... It starts on contactor 4, then daisy chains down to contactor 1. Not sure if that really matters.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails StyleCNC STM1325-R1 Wiring questions-drawn-diagram-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That is how I would expect it to be wired. Fine electrical documentation

As long as ''N'' is connected to all of the contactors I would say it's fine.

I would check the connection on each of the A1 and A2 terminals to make sure the wires are properly seated and tight. Wouldn't be the first time I found a loose connection from the factory.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Out of curiosity, if the contactor is bad, and I have to replace it. Does it have to match the same brand?

Schneider is the one that is in my cnc cabinet, if I order it off amazon, its like 100 dollars and it will get here in a little over a week.

There is another brand that is the same thing, but is prime and would be here tomorrow. They both are 240V 3 pole LC1D32.

Downloads
    Uploads

Those are IEC spec contactors. Any brand will work. They are all the same size.

But, be aware of the coil voltage, you need a 220 - 240 volt coil, not very common on Amazon

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...)/sc-e1-220vac

Order another $8 from them at the same time and get free 2 day shipping.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Wanted to give an update.

The sellers got back with me on the Contactor, and told me to just take it apart and clean it, then it should work.
    I took it apart, cleaned it, and it did not work.

I switched the contactors around for a test to see if there was something wrong with the wiring.
    I moved 2 (chatter) over to 4 (working).

It did not make a different, 2 *now 4* still made a lot of chatter and cleaning it did not change anything.

The new contactor came in, and everything can now be turned on with no issues.

I want to thank you Jim for helping me with figuring out this issue, and hopefully it will help others if they run into the same issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear it's working now.

My pleasure to help out where I can.

It is very unusual for a contactor to fail that way, normally they either work or not. I would be very interested to understand the root cause. My best guess is there was something that was preventing the armature from pulling in correctly, which is normally a piece of crud between the pole pieces, and cleaning resolves the issue. But this is not a normal failure mode for a new system, but more something you would find after years of use in dirty environments.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Jmartin,

My company is currently looking to purchase a fiber laser cutter from StyleCNC and I wanted to reach out to see how your experience has been with them. Also, how has the machine performed?

JMARTIN - I have a StyleCNC 1325 arriving in January, would it be possible for you to provide a photo of how you ultimately wired up the 220v lines? I bookmarked this thread, hoping to follow your steps here since instructions from StyleCNC are extremely vague.

I have a StyleSTM1530C ATC machine arriving just behind JMartins machine in Jan/Feb. I will also use this info/help if I can. My uncle is an electrician and I have a machine shop guy who will be here helping me out with setup if I have any issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12