Need Help! CNCEST 6040 4 axis problems with steppers, or maybe ballscrews

Thread: CNCEST 6040 4 axis problems with steppers, or maybe ballscrews

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNCEST 6040 4 axis problems with steppers, or maybe ballscrews

Ever since I bought this router, I have had problems with it. First, the Y axis ballscrew was broken at the threads for the front screw. After waiting a month for a replacement ballscrew, (Should have returned it at this stage) I found it had trouble maintaining Z axis height. It would cut fine for a bit, then it starts dropping in the Z axis on each pass, while the Mach3 screen showed it was maintaining Z height. I was working on it the other day, when it stopped moving in the X direction for about 2 seconds. When it started moving again, it had no idea where it was and cut right through the side of the model and banged into the stop. Does this sound like a ballscrew is hanging up, or maybe the stepper motors? I changed the Z axis driver board and the red eagle board and no change. At this point I just want it running. Would I be able to just buy a kit on Amazon or Ebay with the motors, controller and BOB and make this thing work?

Thanks for any help
    Paul

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCEST 6040 4 axis problems with steppers, or maybe ballscrews

Hi Paul - assuming the electronics and motors are good (which is a good bet) then you need to pull down the machine and check all its mechanics. Sounds like its missing steps which comes from some sort of mechanical hiccup. Check one axis at a time so you know what's what or pull the entire machine down and rebuild, which is a very good way to do it.... since 2 axes are playing up... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCEST 6040 4 axis problems with steppers, or maybe ballscrews

Thanks for the suggestion Peter. I'll try that.