NC Studio Limit switches problem

Thread: NC Studio Limit switches problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NC Studio Limit switches problem

Hi guys.
    Please can somebody learn me how to definitely get rid of ncstudio limit switches problem.
    I have never succeded matching the cross on the simulation screen with the origin of the work area.
    And everytime I have an electricity cut while working, I have to hazardously try to find the work origin.
    What to do ???

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NC Studio Limit switches problem

Quote Originally Posted by bivegele View Post
    Hi guys.
    Please can somebody learn me how to definitely get rid of ncstudio limit switches problem.
    I have never succeded matching the cross on the simulation screen with the origin of the work area.
    And everytime I have an electricity cut while working, I have to hazardously try to find the work origin.
    What to do ???
    Work origin?
    Limits are not for the work origin, they are for the MACHINE origin.
    This is 2 different things.
    You set the limits so an axis can't travel past it's ends in machine origin co-ordinates.
    Your work origin co-ordinates are positioned by the user themselves.

Then. If you set a starting co-ordinate for a part that puts the part out of limit bounds it will tell you. You then need to reposition your part until it fits on the table space. The cross pretty much means nothing it just shows you where YOU have set the WORK co-ordinates on what the MACHINE thinks is the table size area relative to it's ends/limits. (that's IF you have set it up properly in the first place).
    If the machine does not know where it is, you will always have problems.

You really need to do some hard reading / video watching of the cnc program you're using ie mach3 or other type, and know all of this properly.