I’m just getting started actually cutting parts. I’ve done several Turkey pot calls for a friend. I started out at 60 ipm with the roughing. Then I switched to 90 ipm and trimmed my time down from 22 mins per call to 16 mins per call. Worked great. So I decided to cut out some 1911 grips. I used adaptive once again to rough stock, then used morph to carve the radius using a 3/16 ball mill(only size I had). It worked beautifully at 60 ipm. However, I sped the morph toolpath up to 90 imp and the machine made a high pitched squeal and the x missed steps. I tried running it again, same thing. I then switched back to the 60 ipm and everything was fine. I inspected and tightened the coupler and tried it again. I jogged the machine back and forth about the same distance as the grip at 300 ipm, nothing. Then while running the part, it happened in almost the identical place(almost 3/4 done on morph toolpath), but this time both z and x lost steps, same kinda noise. Rezeroed again, this time running at 60 ipm done fine. What gives?

6040 machine with 3/4” ATP-5 plate for bed. Good stainless steel couplers and stainless steel mounts from corvetteguy50 on YouTube. 2 Longs Motor DM860a and replaced the third faulty Chinese drive with Gecko 203v. Individual 60v Longs Motor power supplies. UC300ETH-5lpt board connected using Cat 8 cable. All wires from motors to drivers are shielded and have a bare wire that has been grounded on one end. Spindle motor(4th pin has been grounded in spindle)has shielded cable to VFD. The VFD is in a separate box and has an EMI filter. VFD is plugged into a separate circuit in the shop. All grounds are grounded to a star point and are grounded to a cable plugged into an outlet. All devices in cabinet have ferrites on the cables.