Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding

Thread: Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding

Hello. I ordered a 6090 router from China and the power cord coming from the control cabinet that houses all the electronics (spindle 3kw, motors, DSP control etc) doesn't seem to have ground. Is this going to be an issue? It's not a kit and comes ready to go and it's 220/240v. They said the entire system is 12.5 amps and single phase.
    It comes with a wall plug that looks like an European style plug. I'm planing on changing this plug and using a north American stile plug (220/240 30amps). They also sent me a picture of how the power cables connect to the control cabinet with two wires, live wire and neutral. Since American 220/240v power uses two 120v wires can I connect those to the live and neutral terminals in the control cabinet? and again what about ground?

I'll replace the power cord with cables rated for 220/240v 30 amps and a plug but I need help with the wiring scheme. Thank you in advanced and I'm attaching the pictures that they sent me.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding-1-jpg   Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding-01-jpg   Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding-02-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding

This is a common complaint with many Asian supplied machines.
    You need to take a service ground to a main ground point and set up what is known as a Star GND.
    It is also wise from the 'noise' point of view to ground all metalic parts of the machine to this point, and wire all GND terminal points to this also.
    All motor frames and VFD/motor combo's also require a earth GND conductor.
    Search here for earthing and grounding, there have been many previous posts.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding

Quote Originally Posted by joztheshark View Post
    Hello. I ordered a 6090 router from China and the power cord coming from the control cabinet that houses all the electronics (spindle 3kw, motors, DSP control etc) doesn't seem to have ground. Is this going to be an issue? It's not a kit and comes ready to go and it's 220/240v. They said the entire system is 12.5 amps and single phase.
    It comes with a wall plug that looks like an European style plug. I'm planing on changing this plug and using a north American stile plug (220/240 30amps). They also sent me a picture of how the power cables connect to the control cabinet with two wires, live wire and neutral. Since American 220/240v power uses two 120v wires can I connect those to the live and neutral terminals in the control cabinet? and again what about ground?

I'll replace the power cord with cables rated for 220/240v 30 amps and a plug but I need help with the wiring scheme. Thank you in advanced and I'm attaching the pictures that they sent me.
    Yes everything has to be Grounded so you have some wiring to do, just start by mounting a Ground Bus remove the paint where it is mounted and bring all your Ground wires to the one point

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding-grounding-bus-1-png   Help with 6090 Chinese power and grounding-grounding-bus-cabinet-png  
    Mactec54