CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Hello

i'm new here in the forum bought a used China CNC6040 from the vendor: "SXCNC" milling machine with 4 axis.

In this the mainboard of the type JP-3163B is installed with an additional driver module for the 4 axis, which is connected to the mainboard
    connected.

The board has a pure parallel connection

I can only set my frequency inverter manually at the moment.

Now I wanted to do the wiring directly to do this with the CNC program.

The frequency inverter is of the type: MK100-2S1.5G-DK.

Here ins this forum I found the following instructions for the frequency converter which are also stored there with this link:
    https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlWEvfzVs336oREF9zNq6qcxH5kF

I have photographed the connection terminals that I have on the frequency inverter on my system.

In addition, I found the following circuit diagram of the mainboard JP-3163B on the Internet.
    It shows the newer version I only have the one with a parallel port connection.

Can someone tell me how to wire this up? Please look at my pictures.

Does anyone have the same CNC milling machine where these functions are already wired.

I only found a discussion in a russian forum for the frequency inverter MK100-2S1.5G-DK. However, everything is written in Russian.
    So I couldn't ask there either.

Regards Raini

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-mainboard_eletric_map-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-mainboard_ansicht_pins-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-cover-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-fq_bild_ansicht_pins-jpg  

Last edited by raindancer2204; 09-16-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Quote Originally Posted by raindancer2204 View Post
    Hello

i'm new here in the forum bought a used China CNC6040 from the vendor: "SXCNC" milling machine with 4 axis.

In this the mainboard of the type JP-3163B is installed with an additional driver module for the 4 axis, which is connected to the mainboard
    connected.

The board has a pure parallel connection

I can only set my frequency inverter manually at the moment.

Now I wanted to do the wiring directly to do this with the CNC program.

The frequency inverter is of the type: MK100-2S1.5G-DK.

Here ins this forum I found the following instructions for the frequency converter which are also stored there with this link:
    https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlWEvfzVs336oREF9zNq6qcxH5kF

I have photographed the connection terminals that I have on the frequency inverter on my system.

In addition, I found the following circuit diagram of the mainboard JP-3163B on the Internet.
    It shows the newer version I only have the one with a parallel port connection.

Can someone tell me how to wire this up? Please look at my pictures.

Does anyone have the same CNC milling machine where these functions are already wired.

I only found a discussion in a russian forum for the frequency inverter MK100-2S1.5G-DK. However, everything is written in Russian.
    So I couldn't ask there either.

Regards Raini
    For the speed control you need to use a PWM to analog 0-10v to control the speed the connection

AI 1 and Gnd terminals and the jumper CN4 needs to be set for voltage I'm still checking on the FWD Terminals it looks like X1 and Com for that connection there will be some Parameters to change I will check

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Hello Mactec54,

if I understand the right thing, I definitely need a PWM to analog adapter between the Mainboard JP-3163B, which is then switched to the frequency inverter.
    Is this correct?

Are you still checking the wiring of the frequency inverter MK100-2S1.5G-DK?

Is it possible that you can tell me what kind of PWM to analog adapter you used?

And can you please draw a short circuit diagram of how it must be clamped. I think that would help a lot.

Do you have the same CNC 6040 in use?

I'm from Germany and try to have good technical English :-)

Thanks raini

Last edited by raindancer2204; 09-16-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mactec54,

if I understand the right thing, I definitely need a PWM to analog adapter between the Mainboard JP-3163B, which is then switched to the frequency inverter.
    Is this correct?

Are you still checking the wiring of the frequency inverter MK100-2S1.5G-DK?

Is it possible that you can tell me what kind of PWM to analog adapter you used?

And can you please draw a short circuit diagram of how it must be clamped. I think that would help a lot.

Do you have the same CNC 6040 in use?

I'm from Germany and try to have good technical English :-)

Thanks raini
    Your Main Board seems to have a 0-10v and Gnd, just check with a meter to see if it changes when you change the speed in your control there may be some settings to change in your control to make the output work or it may need 12v supply added where it has an input for 12v-32v this may be all you need

Do I have a 6040 No I do not, but this is a basic setup that all machines have which are almost all the same

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Hello Mactec54,

excuse the late answer. I have now measured the voltage with the measuring device. Also through the CNC program
    the volt value changes.

The jumper is also set to volts.

I have done the following wiring and programming:
    GND to GND
    0-10V to AI1
    NO to X1
    COM to COM

NO is the Normaly Open? is that correct

I have also changed the following values in the control unit:
    P0-02 from 0 default to 1 --> this switches off the control panel on the FI and ext. Start / Stop switched on
    P0-03 from 4 default to 2 --> this switches AI1 to the input for 0..10V

From the factory, there was a bridge between SEL and 24V on the component. Did I take them out? What is this good for?
    see image.

Can you see if I wired it correctly according to your understanding?
    Or do you understand the other from the instruction manual?

Greetings Raini

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi here i found a better Manual via Google:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...kcL9Wh98paCfWF

Downloads
    Uploads

No don't change the link 24v

So when you turn on the spindle in the control M3S12000 you should get around 5v

Is the N0 to Gnd with your meter closing when you turn the spindle on, there should be no voltage at this point only a switch On / Off

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

i have set the bridge between SEL and 24 volts again.

Result:
    It works now.

But there is one more problem:
    The voltage at the frequency converter is always around 10 volts when it is switched on. If I increase the spindle speed, the voltage becomes lower.

It seems like the 10Volt signal has to be reversed? You start from 0 to 10 volts from bottom to top.

This means that when the parallel port is connected to the USB adapter, the spindle starts immediately. Only after the start of the CNC program is it deactivated with the start button of the spindle.

Can you set something in the frequency converter?

P.S: Every day one step further to the goal

Thanks Raini

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

i have set the bridge between SEL and 24 volts again.

Result:
    It works now.

But there is one more problem:
    The voltage at the frequency converter is always around 10 volts when it is switched on. If I increase the spindle speed, the voltage becomes lower.

It seems like the 10Volt signal has to be reversed? You start from 0 to 10 volts from bottom to top.

This means that when the parallel port is connected to the USB adapter, the spindle starts immediately. Only after the start of the CNC program is it deactivated with the start button of the spindle.

Can you set something in the frequency converter?

P.S: Every day one step further to the goal

Thanks Raini
    Start with the control output and see if it is negative or positive output this may need to be reversed this should not have any voltage until you give it a speed command

Are you connected to the X1 and Com for the FWD start up

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

when turning on the main switch on the housing, I always have about 9 to 10 volts on the mainboard pin for the spindle control. If I increase the number of revolutions of the spindle via the CNC program, the voltage drops e.g. to 6 volts.
    Do I have to reverse this on the mainboard? for example with a jumper?

I am connected as follows:
    Bridge between SEL and 24 volts (needet that was a great tip)
    Mainbaord to frequency converter:
    GND to GND
    NO to X1
    COM to COM

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Re: CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Hello,

From today:
    when turning on the main switch on the housing, I always have about 9 to 10 volts on the mainboard pin for the spindle control.
    If I increase the number of revolutions of the spindle via the CNC program, ist static at 9.6Volts nothing change.
    If i switch on the spindle over the button in the cnc Programm it goes over 270volt and spindle runs. But i can not regulate the spindle turns.
    Switch off the spindle works. This is with the Bridge vorm SEL and 24 Volts from your Tip.

Yesterday before setting the Bridge today between SEL and 24 volts i had seen that the voltage was on 9,6 volts and if i switched the spindle
    turns the volts go down till 4 volt etc.I could switch the spindle turns in the cnc programm. But the spindle motor wont start over the button.

Actuell Setup:
    Mainboard to frequency converter:
    Brigde between SEL and 24 Volts is set.
    GND to GND
    0 -10V to AI1
    NO to X1
    COM to COM

Please help. Heres a draft of the technic cabling see pictures.

Regards Raini

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-board_schaltplan_mkv0-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

From today:
    when turning on the main switch on the housing, I always have about 9 to 10 volts on the mainboard pin for the spindle control.
    If I increase the number of revolutions of the spindle via the CNC program, ist static at 9.6Volts nothing change.
    If i switch on the spindle over the button in the cnc Programm it goes over 270volt and spindle runs. But i can not regulate the spindle turns.
    Switch off the spindle works. This is with the Bridge vorm SEL and 24 Volts from your Tip.

Yesterday before setting the Bridge today between SEL and 24 volts i had seen that the voltage was on 9,6 volts and if i switched the spindle
    turns the volts go down till 4 volt etc.I could switch the spindle turns in the cnc programm. But the spindle motor wont start over the button.

Actuell Setup:
    GND to GND
    0 -10V to AI1
    NO to X1
    COM to COM

Regards Raini
    There are some Parameters to change when setup is correct your switch will not work only the stop on the key pad will work when the correct Parameters are set

What is the switch wired to on the Board

The VFD connection looks correct

Mactec54

Hello,

From today:

Actuell Setup:
    GND to GND
    0 -10V to AI1
    NO to X1
    COM to COM

Regards Raini
    hey

Your reply from : Stepper motor forums (( Hi. did you start the frequency inverter with the PC? Did you do that with the wiring? I have opened a thread for this to help others as well.))

Yes, i started VFD from UCCNC Software under Spindle configuation. Didn't need to do anything to the VFD, only move the jump external control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by akihiko View Post
    hey

Your reply from : Stepper motor forums (( Hi. did you start the frequency inverter with the PC? Did you do that with the wiring? I have opened a thread for this to help others as well.))

Yes, i started VFD from UCCNC Software under Spindle configuation. Didn't need to do anything to the VFD, only move the jump external control.
    Hi akihiko,

you have the same main board as me? the JP-3163B. Do you also have the same frequency inverter of the type: MK100-2S1.5G-DK?

Can you please take a picture of the jumpers on the mainboard JP-3163B? which are in the direction of the parallel port on the board? There should be 5 jumpers and 1 jumper is offset to the others. Background there is probably a pin 4 that is responsible for the analog signal.

And if you don't mind, can you see if your wiring from the mainboard to the frequency inverter corresponds to my drawing? see post pictures?

I currently have the following problem: I can switch my spindle revolutions on and off via my CNC program. It can only start and stop.

However, it is not possible for me to reduce the spindle speed (turns). But on the display of the frequency inverter I see when I change the speed (turns) in the CNC program that the volts change.
    This means that the information arrives at the frequency inverter.

The strange thing is when I turn on my CNC that my speed always starts at about 10 volts and when I change the revolutions via the program it goes down to 8.X volts.

But the spindle does not change - it can only stop and full throttle.

Please check my pictures in the topic here.

Thanks

Regards Rani

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi akihiko,

you have the same main board as me? the JP-3163B. Do you also have the same frequency inverter of the type: MK100-2S1.5G-DK?

Can you please take a picture of the jumpers on the mainboard JP-3163B? which are in the direction of the parallel port on the board? There should be 5 jumpers and 1 jumper is offset to the others. Background there is probably a pin 4 that is responsible for the analog signal.

And if you don't mind, can you see if your wiring from the mainboard to the frequency inverter corresponds to my drawing? see post pictures?

I currently have the following problem: I can switch my spindle revolutions on and off via my CNC program. It can only start and stop.

However, it is not possible for me to reduce the spindle speed (turns). But on the display of the frequency inverter I see when I change the speed (turns) in the CNC program that the volts change.
    This means that the information arrives at the frequency inverter.

The strange thing is when I turn on my CNC that my speed always starts at about 10 volts and when I change the revolutions via the program it goes down to 8.X volts.

But the spindle does not change - it can only stop and full throttle.

Please check my pictures in the topic here.

Thanks

Regards Rani
    Then with what you are just saying you have no output to control the VFD Drive You must get that part working first before you can control the VFD Drive akihiko is using a different control so has a different setup

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

it seems that he has the same setup of the hardware as me when you look at the link here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...ml#post2386286

What do you mean with VFD Drive? Changing the turns of the Spindle?

Thanks

Regards Heiko

Cool Re: CNC 6040 connection FI MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question

Hey,

i hive rebuild my 6040Z from groud up. The JP-3163B controller board its not a good controller. it didn't work most of the time i used, one problem after other. and the VFD that came with it. The 0-10v ever work right.

When i got my 6040Z it was on sale for $700 4-Axis. So put $1100 into it. Rebuild the 6040Z. Now i can cut aluminum and metal down to 30.5mm cut with problems.

My CNC system is now the UC300ETH-UB1 Controller Mother Board. Longs Nema 23 Stepper Motor 425oz-in 3A dual&Driver DM542A CNC
    Spindle 220v 2.2kw 24000rpm 400hz 80mm ER20.

Same picture of my project.
    Still working. Next step replace my stepper motors ., With Closed Loop Stepper Motor Kit 4.0Nm.
    i just finish the Z Axis Build from 100mm to 200mm Linear rail guide.

My best recommendation is to get a ("Controller MB") that works with all three CNC software Mach3,4 and UCCNC. Best to get the UC300ETH-UB1 with UCCNC Software. You won't regret it.
    And its on sale Now for $300

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-img_0754-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-img_0767-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-img_0768-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-img_0771-jpg  

CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-img_0772-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-img_0766-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi akihiko,

my goal is to use my spindle speed control and turning the spindle on and off with the CNC program with the JP-3163B.

You say that these 2 functions worked for you? correct? on your old Hardware?

When I switch on the main switch of my CNC6040 with the VFD and the pump, it always shows the following image 9.62 volts.

If I use the spindle speed reduction it goes to 8.X volts so the signal arrives.

I also reset the VFD settings from the factory state. No change.
    Start the Spindle only if i set P0-02 to "terminal command channel"
    Did you remember if you changed a jumper on the JP-3163B mainboard?

Did yours at the time when you switch on the main switch also displayed 9.6 volts?

P.S: I do my best for an understandable English

Greetings Raini

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-fu_display-jpg  

Hi akihiko,

my goal is to use my spindle speed control and turning the spindle on and off with the CNC program with the JP-3163B.

You say that these 2 functions worked for you? correct? on your old Hardware?

When I switch on the main switch of my CNC6040 with the VFD and the pump, it always shows the following image 9.62 volts.

If I use the spindle speed reduction it goes to 8.X volts so the signal arrives.

I also reset the VFD settings from the factory state. No change.
    Start the Spindle only if i set P0-02 to "terminal command channel"
    Did you remember if you changed a jumper on the JP-3163B mainboard?

Did yours at the time when you switch on the main switch also displayed 9.6 volts?

P.S: I do my best for an understandable English

Greetings Raini
    like i said before, CNC software dosn't work right, all 4 jumpers are set to left side thats of VFD by default factory, Now move the jumpers to the right side if want to control it with the cnc software. You would need to get a PMW 0-10 controller Board. Like this one ''' 3.3V PWM Signal to 0-10V Voltage Converter D/A Digital-Analog for PLC 15-30VDC "" from Ebay :: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-3V-PWM-Si...72.m2749.l2649

This is what use to control VFD 0-10v from JP-3163B on the pin out for VFD control.

Post a picture of your VFD

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-s-l1600-jpg   CNC 6040 connection FI  MK100-2S1.5G-DK to mainboard JP-3163B cabling question-s-l1600-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

i ordert now the following "3.3V PWM Signal to 0-10V Voltage Converter D/A Digital-Analog for PLC 15-30VDC" on Amazon looks like the same from Ebay:

https://www.amazon.de/1-3KHZ-Digital...0861594&sr=8-1

What Pictures of the VFD do you need? The Jumper seetings? I put pictures into the thread with calbing diagramm.

Converter will be deliverd on thursday

Regareds Raini

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast