Problem 6040 cnc router display flashing

Thread: 6040 cnc router display flashing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 6040 cnc router display flashing

We purchased a 6040 CNCEST 3 axis router with parallel port a few weeks ago. been running decent until today. the display started flashing with zeros and will not fully power up or move around. we checked for 24 volts on power supply with a meter and oscilloscope and it seems to be just fine. 1 thing i can say is the display and a green light on the computer board above the power supply flash in sync. WE are not sure where to go from here. My father is an electronics engineer, but we have no schematics. Any help would be greatly appreciated as our production has come to a halt!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6040 cnc router display flashing-20200701_121254_hdr-jpg   6040 cnc router display flashing-fb_img_1593618280397-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc router display flashing

Any reason to believe it is a router problem?The computer may be the element that has the fault.Do you have the means to determine whether the output connections of the computer are sending pulses when they are supposed to?The post describing the breakdown doesn't tell us anything about the software being used and there may be a dedicated forum that would rapidly provide an answer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    Any reason to believe it is a router problem?The computer may be the element that has the fault.Do you have the means to determine whether the output connections of the computer are sending pulses when they are supposed to?The post describing the breakdown doesn't tell us anything about the software being used and there may be a dedicated forum that would rapidly provide an answer.
    We are using Mach 3 software that was recommended to use. We were able to get it up and running but not sure what we did. So that leaves us thinking a bad connection.
    The manufacturer states to use the mach 3 with an older computer, which we have an old Dell with Windows XP and with a parallel port. We went with the parallel port version since we were told it was the most stable version.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc router display flashing

I would suspect that the older computer running XP might be a large part of the problem.Either through deterioration of components or perhaps a virus has got in there.Are you able to verify that the machine is receiving pulses at the correct pin for the various axes?It obviously was before the fault occurred and it might be something as simple as the board carrying the parallel port being a little loose on the motherboard.I had a fault on my home built machine after about twenty hours of use that turned out to be a soldered connection breaking free so it might be worth a quick integrity check on the connections.