Need Help! Chinese 6030 router problems

Thread: Chinese 6030 router problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese 6030 router problems

I have a chinese 6030 router that has never worked properly.

I don't know exactly what everything is called, so don't know what the controller is. It's a serial connection to a winXP laptop running mach 3. I've opened the controller and taken a few pictures if you need anything like that.

I've had it a while, i got it through a mate who knew even less about it than I do. I'm pretty much a basic novice at all this.

The X axis misses steps, but while I'm fixing it, and while I'm stuck at home with nothing to do, I would love to be able to upgrade the control in some way.

Maybe change the connection from serial to something else, I have no idea what's available or achievable in this regard, so any advice would be gratefully received.

https://imgur.com/a/dvuSuyA

Once this is done, it would be ace to have a bash at sorting out my emco compact 5 cnc lathe too, but I'd rather learn to walk before I start running

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Bigjobs; 04-06-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 6030 router problems

You are up for a long, frustating and steep learning curve my friend....

Firstly, I would not contemplate modifiying anything until you have a better understanding of what its all about.

Get it going as it is, if you can, use it and learn about it and then in about 3 years, think about some upgrades.

These Routers are generally known as "6040's" as they have approx 600 x 400mm of X and Y travel. ( not 6030 as you thought.) Correct me if I am wrong.

It will use the Parallel Port to communicate with your PC, not serial.
    They are getting harder and harder to find these days, but if you have a PC with one, you are good.
    I assume you can still retrofit a parallel ports to PC's these day?

Using a Laptop *may* cause you issues( especially older ones. ).....some people have problems, some don't.......I would suggest that you TRY to use a Desktop PC, if you can, but thats just me....

I don't own one like you but there are plenty around, and I think the VFD model is : PRT-E1500W

Plenty of info here about them. This is the first Thread I found on them......start reading....lol
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...698-cnc-4.html

Solve one problem at a time and work your way through until it all works as required.

U tube is a good source of info.

Best bet is to find someone local who can give you hands on help, if possible.

We will will help where we can, but it will be very slow going for you.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much for your reply.

I would do anything for someone local, but I wouldn't even know how to start tbh.

You are correct about the bed size, and the parallel port. I seem to have forgotten absolutely everything I once knew about CNCs. I used to program them years ago. Like, 30 years ago. By hand with pencil and paper, then using bridgeport's ez-mill program on a windows 286+ machine, so I really REALLY should know what I'm doing, but everytime I start I end up getting frustrated and it gets left for another year.

This is the reason I got them in the first place, I used to love running those machines back in the day. I was in way over my head, but I used to make some really interesting stuff.

I will start reading that thread, and try to find a manual to digest.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the X Azis is missing steps,
    When jogging, during a job or both?

Try and determine if is a mechanical problem or a electrical/electronic problem.
    Remove the stepper from the machine and wind the Axis, all the way, both directions by hand. If you feel binding or heavy resistance, start pulling bits off to isolate the problem.
    If its ok, then check stepper alignment

Check your motor speeds and accelerations on Mach 3.

I almost forgot. Put your location in your profile. There may be someone close willing to help.