Just In Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC

Hi all,

Few years ago, I built CNC based on Brian's Oltrogge MDF CNC plans. This machine helped me a lot to get into the CNC’s world. Building and working with the machine was fantastic way to learn how to work with CNC but as the days go by, I couldn’t ignore all the faults of CNC made of MDF. Few months ago, I decided to purchase better machine. Due to money constraints, I understood I have to buy Chinese one. After reading many (many...) posts in here, some were with truly horror stories about quality issue, documentation, shipping etc. with that in mind, I asked for quotes from few vendors. Among them was Quick CNC, long story short I decided to buy from them because of:
    1. All upgrades price was the lowest. For example, closed loop steppers were cheaper by 50% from other vendor. So I thought it is mass production factory and not a shady place that builds few machine per month.
    2. The machine itself looked suspiciously similar to Laguna swift CNC series, although they didn't confirm it. From images only, I think that they makes the IQ series as well.
    3. In general, all posts I read about them were very positive. Thanks again for all of those people who writes their impression about buying machines from China, clearly I had a mind gap that I had to cross to do it.

The machined arrived perfectly packed after ~4 weeks (be sure to understand what is FOB, CIF, DDU and all other shipping methods. I choose DDU, and verify that the ship is going directly to my country's port), with lots and lots of packing materials. All was secured properly, all the rails were heavily greased, and I really can’t say any bad word about it. It took me few days to unpack the machine, place it in the right place (this beast weight over 1 ton) and configure all Mach3 parameters till start make chips (or dust as I first cut MDF).

The sale person I talked with was Lanny, which gave me (and still give me) lots of support. The majority of communication was with Whatsup and bit by email. I must say that he was very patient with me and was able to decrease my concerns. Almost all of my questions were answered, in some cases he did not knew the answer right away or gave me inaccurate answer, but in the end he answered me correctly. The only part that they couldn’t help me much was with Mach3, but I familiar with it so I knew what to do.
    So far, here is what I don’t happy with:

1. The dust collector seems flimsy. This is 10HP machine but it looks flimsy with low quality (my suggestion- don’t buy it, the low price doesn’t worth it)
    2. I asked cabinet for my PC, but the keyboard drawer is sagging once you put little pressure on it (BTW- both the cabinet and the dust collector are third vendor)
    3. The machine is looks a bit crude, you can see that the finishes are not perfect. Nevertheless, I think it is ok and it won’t affect machine performance.

All in all, I am happy with my choice (for the now). I got what I was looking for, with good price and quality.

Nir

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC

Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC-img_20200218_174547-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC-img_20200218_174547-jpg  

Hey, I'm looking at Quick CNC as well and wanted to hear your experience with the machine now that you've had it for a while?

Also, what machine / specs did you go with? Any regrets / lessons?

TIA!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I bought the "swift" 1218 with some extras: vacuum bed and pump, closed loop steppers from leadshine, mach3 controller and dust collector.
    So far I am very much happy with it. I am enthusiastic weekend worker and I mostly use it for prototypes. So far it works fantastic but for more production environment you might need different setup.
    Again, to my humble needs, it is fantastic. When it works it works. The only issues I had were due to human errors.

Cheers,
    Nir

Quote Originally Posted by shonir View Post
    Hi,

I bought the "swift" 1218 with some extras: vacuum bed and pump, closed loop steppers from leadshine, mach3 controller and dust collector.
    So far I am very much happy with it. I am enthusiastic weekend worker and I mostly use it for prototypes. So far it works fantastic but for more production environment you might need different setup.
    Again, to my humble needs, it is fantastic. When it works it works. The only issues I had were due to human errors.

Cheers,
    Nir
    Hope you don't mind a few more questions...

1. How did you find their after sales support? I know some companies all but disappear after final payment and getting anything out of them is like pulling teeth (plus lots of delays usually) - anything like that?

2. How hard have you pushed the machine so far? And did you find it struggling with power or precision at any point?

I'm looking at the SWIFT 1313 with ATC and vacuum, and just want to make sure it'll be strong enough, and that the company is good as well.

Thanks again!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Sure, I am more than happy to answer as I remember how is it to be in your shoes right now.
    to your questions:
    1- The after sale support was great. every question(s) I had to answered right away, and if the sales guy had to ask the Eng. it took not more than 1-2 days. overall, they gave good and professional answers
    2- I am hobbyist, every thing I gave it, it performed well. power was not an issue (I ordered it with 3 phase, spindle of 4 HP). I didn't encountered any issue in precision, however, I don't need super precise machine (I didn't expect, or need, it to be accurate in the range of microns). there are several types of precision errors, for cabinets/chairs/mockups and jigs that i am building--> didn't have any issue.

by the way the model I have is k30MT. if you need stiffer machine, there are the K40MT and even K60MT (if I recall correct)

Cheers,
    Nir

Hi,

Sure, I am more than happy to answer as I remember how is it to be in your shoes right now.
    to your questions:
    1- The after sale support was great. every question(s) I had to answered right away, and if the sales guy had to ask the Eng. it took not more than 1-2 days. overall, they gave good and professional answers
    2- I am hobbyist, every thing I gave it, it performed well. power was not an issue (I ordered it with 3 phase, spindle of 4 HP). I didn't encountered any issue in precision, however, I don't need super precise machine (I didn't expect, or need, it to be accurate in the range of microns). there are several types of precision errors, for cabinets/chairs/mockups and jigs that i am building--> didn't have any issue.

by the way the model I have is k30MT. if you need stiffer machine, there are the K40MT and even K60MT (if I recall correct)

Cheers,
    Nir
    Thanks for the details - it's really helpful!

It's so hard to determine based on their model numbers as they seem to be all over the place.
    The SWIFT 1313 looks like it's based on the K45MT just looking at the photos (although K30MT and K45MT look identical in their design and construction as well), but then the K45MT also seems to have two styles of gantry:
    one that's got the gantry suspended between two vertical steel plates (like the SWIFT 1313):
    https://www.quick-cncrouter.com/cnc-...outer-cnc.html
    And another that has an extended length gantry sitting on top of what looks like cast iron or welded steel heavy duty supports:
    https://www.quick-cncrouter.com/cnc-...r-carving.html
    On that last one even the bed looks be constructed out of bigger steel tubing, so why they both have the same model number is strange to me.

Would love to see photos of your machine and how it's held up over the years!

I know I'll be posting on here about my experience and new machine once I get it - just isn't enough feedback from people going through the process.

Anyway, they look to be a little more professional than Blue Elephant (the machines as well as in their communication), and they have the sweet-spot prosumer style machine that AccTek doesn't (their machine is either lighter duty and just a little cheaper, or a fair bit heavier duty and a few grand more expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I hope not to disappoint you, but the CNC looks almost as new (again, maybe i don't push it too hard).
    see photos below. 2 of them were while i built dust collector to the shop, and 2 were taken today really fast). the only issue I had were with the yellow stickers, which i had to glue them with double sided tape.

I spoke with the sales guy (named Lanny), who helped me with the hole process. you can speak with him directly, although they have holyday now to the next 2 weeks for the Chinese new year, he promised me he will answer all your questions.

Again, if you need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Quick CNC sales guy contact information:
    mail- lanny@quickcncrouter.com
    whatsup- +86 156 6275 9135

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC-pxl_20210106_081825512-min-jpg   Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC-20210411_175010-min-jpg   Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC-pxl_20220128_063451900-min-jpg   Quick CNC review- buy Chinese CNC-pxl_20220128_063436419-min-jpg  

Last edited by shonir; 01-28-2022 at 04:55 AM. Reason: add the name of the sales person

Hi,

I hope not to disappoint you, but the CNC looks almost as new (again, maybe i don't push it too hard).
    see photos below. 2 of them were while i built dust collector to the shop, and 2 were taken today really fast). the only issue I had were with the yellow stickers, which i had to glue them with double sided tape.

I spoke with the sales guy (named Lanny), who helped me with the hole process. you can speak with him directly, although they have holyday now to the next 2 weeks for the Chinese new year, he promised me he will answer all your questions.

Again, if you need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Quick CNC sales guy contact information:
    mail- lanny@quickcncrouter.com
    whatsup- +86 156 6275 9135

Thanks for the contact , I've been in touch with Hanah @ Quick CNC already, but I think it's always good to post known sales agents' contacts

Interesting project on the dust collector! Always fun to see DIY of things like that! (PS: maybe use some plastic for the fins as it should be lighter and stronger)

After looking at your photos I finally noticed the difference between K30MT and K45MT models - the K45 uses slightly bigger tubing for the frame (and possibly for gantry as well, hard to tell).

One thing I had a concern with is the gantry supports being just flat sheet steel might flex a little when changing direction in the X axis, or when pushing harder and the cutter applying more sideways force on the gantry - have you found any issues with that?

I've been looking at Blue Elephant and AccTek at the same time and just recently decided to skip Blue Elephant as they seem to use thinner material than would be preferable (from photos and anecdotal accounts - though for light duty use they're probably just fine), plus just general sense that they're cutting corners in their design. And AccTek was just a bit out of my price range (was another 15% more), though it's significantly heavier duty machine - though I do know someone with personal experience dealing with AccTek and they've had great service.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LangleyWoodworker View Post

One thing I had a concern with is the gantry supports being just flat sheet steel might flex a little when changing direction in the X axis, or when pushing harder and the cutter applying more sideways force on the gantry - have you found any issues with that?
    Don't worry about that. The flat sheet of steel covers thick support, there is no issue with it. once I cut (accidently) 18mm plywood in 1 pass, it ate it like butter and I didn't see any side to side movement.

Like you, I was also considered AccTec. i chose quick cnc from couple of reasons:
    1. The price was roughly the same but all the extras cost much more in AccTek.
    2. The oiler was free of charge in Quick while AccTek wanted ~100$. I thought that this is so basic feature in a tool, that it should be inherent.
    3.I saw that the K30MT is suspiciously similar to the Swift by Laguna for less than a quarter at the price. After bit of digging, I understood it is the same and then the penny dropped.

Nir

Don't worry about that. The flat sheet of steel covers thick support, there is no issue with it. once I cut (accidently) 18mm plywood in 1 pass, it ate it like butter and I didn't see any side to side movement.

Like you, I was also considered AccTec. i chose quick cnc from couple of reasons:
    1. The price was roughly the same but all the extras cost much more in AccTek.
    2. The oiler was free of charge in Quick while AccTek wanted ~100$. I thought that this is so basic feature in a tool, that it should be inherent.
    3.I saw that the K30MT is suspiciously similar to the Swift by Laguna for less than a quarter at the price. After bit of digging, I understood it is the same and then the penny dropped.

Nir
    I'm more concerned with movements of fractions of a millimeter, rather than something I would be able to see, but it's good to hear that it was able to 18mm full depth without issues (what bit size / feed / speed was that at by the way)?

Yeah, I think Laguna Swift is based on K45MT (slightly bigger tubing than K30MT), and seems that the Quick CNC Swift 1313 is based on K45 as well. At least from the pictures...
    Actually, any chance you can measure yours? My quote says machine table is 80x60mm tubing and 120x120mm tubing for the "bed" (I assume they mean the frame)...

Downloads
    Uploads

fractions of mm- that's tough (0.1mm? or 0.5mm?). I can put indicator next to the spindle head and see movements with force applied to the gantry supports. .
    I don't remember the bit i were using or speed/feed rate. I know it was very aggressive and my heart fell into the ground (or underwear)...

my bed is consist of 100X100mm profiles legs and 80X80mm profiles support, I don't remember the thickness of it.

fractions of mm- that's tough (0.1mm? or 0.5mm?). I can put indicator next to the spindle head and see movements with force applied to the gantry supports. .
    I don't remember the bit i were using or speed/feed rate. I know it was very aggressive and my heart fell into the ground (or underwear)...

my bed is consist of 100X100mm profiles legs and 80X80mm profiles support, I don't remember the thickness of it.
    If you have an indicator and could check for movement when applying force side to side, that would be amazing!!

PS: I had a similar situation with my current machine (QueenBee Pro based DIY kit)... I think it was 16mm ply and the machine was not happy doing that - definitely had some flex in the gantry (I typically cut 6mm deep with 6mm cutter at 4m/min and the machine handles that no problem).

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure. i will test it for you. I hope to do it by the end of the week (work....)

Thanks shonir, much appreciated!

Can I ask you to also check the manufacturer of the rack on your machine?
    The quotes that my agent was sending me were including "Germany" rack and when pressed for the brand and model of the rack I was told it's actually a "T-win" rack (company based in China though calling itself Taiwan), and to upgrade to German rack it's extra $200... not exactly trust inspiring sales tactic...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

The brand name I have on the racks is "Herion Automation".
    I have also checked the lateral movement (x axis deflection). I pushed as hard as I can, didn't saw any nudge.
    did you meant Hiwin (cause I never heard about "T-win")? if so, I know that the Hiwin has factories in China as well. they considered to be inferior to the Taiwanese products, but I don't know if anyone ever tested it.
    one thing I do ask Lanny is list of all possible upgrades, from linear bearings to motion drivers or from rotary attachment to closed loop steppers.

last comment about accuracy. I have never tested the absolute accuracy (beside the beginning to very that 100mm rectangles are truly 100mm, beside that I didn't see any issue with it) but for repeatability I can say it is accurate within the range of 0.1mm or less. one might argue about the method (fit dowels or pipes into holes, and increase the cut by 0.1mm till I get perfect fit), but for me- it works just fine.

Nir

Hi,

The brand name I have on the racks is "Herion Automation".
    I have also checked the lateral movement (x axis deflection). I pushed as hard as I can, didn't saw any nudge.
    did you meant Hiwin (cause I never heard about "T-win")? if so, I know that the Hiwin has factories in China as well. they considered to be inferior to the Taiwanese products, but I don't know if anyone ever tested it.
    one thing I do ask Lanny is list of all possible upgrades, from linear bearings to motion drivers or from rotary attachment to closed loop steppers.

last comment about accuracy. I have never tested the absolute accuracy (beside the beginning to very that 100mm rectangles are truly 100mm, beside that I didn't see any issue with it) but for repeatability I can say it is accurate within the range of 0.1mm or less. one might argue about the method (fit dowels or pipes into holes, and increase the cut by 0.1mm till I get perfect fit), but for me- it works just fine.

Nir
    Thanks for checking that.
    I just got confirmation that they're going to include Herion rack on mine as well.

And the one they mentioned is actually "T-win" (it's short for something, but if you Google "T-win rack and pinion" you'll find their pretty barebones site), so for whatever that's worth. I wonder if they ship Laguna's CNC's with Herion or T-win.

What upgrades were available to you? I didn't ask for a list but I had a pretty set idea of what I wanted. Still would be good to know.

I'm just waiting on some technical details (delays due to their holidays), and making my final decision between this and a Blue Elephant machine that's sitting $1500 cheaper. But given Quick produce so much for Laguna, I think it's a pretty good endorsement of their quality vs. an unknown manufacturer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Sorry, but the upgrade list was probably part of our communication in the whatsup.
    if it helps, those are the upgrades I took: bigger spindle (you might want to ask about HSD one- I think it was additional 1000$ or so), Leadshine close loop steppers, 10HP dust collection, 10HP vacuum pump with vacuum bed. Don't forget to ask for many spare parts as you can get (Linear bearings, rails and rack n pinion)
    one thing I would ask, if I know it that time, is to have switch limit on both sides of each axis. there are only 'homing' switches at one side of each axis.

Nir

Hi,

Sorry, but the upgrade list was probably part of our communication in the whatsup.
    if it helps, those are the upgrades I took: bigger spindle (you might want to ask about HSD one- I think it was additional 1000$ or so), Leadshine close loop steppers, 10HP dust collection, 10HP vacuum pump with vacuum bed. Don't forget to ask for many spare parts as you can get (Linear bearings, rails and rack n pinion)
    one thing I would ask, if I know it that time, is to have switch limit on both sides of each axis. there are only 'homing' switches at one side of each axis.

Nir
    Are you having any issues with the gantry going out of square?
    From what I've seen, all Chinese machines at this price level home at only one side (and the RichAuto DSP doesn't support dual Y axis homing anyway)

Currently my full setup is:
    1300mm x 1300m x 200mm work area
    Herion rack and pinion
    20mm PEK linear guide rails
    SHIMPO reducer (gear driven, instead of belt driven - reduces backlash to 0.01mm vs a little over 0.05mm on belt)
    Leadshine 863HSM80H-E1 closed loop motors & H2-2206 drivers (these are 220V vs many others running at 75V)
    RichAuto B57 DSP
    2.2kW ATC spindle (GDL80) & Delta 2.2kW inverter
    8 tool ATC magazine with precision tool length sensor
    2x 2.2kW dual stage vacuum pumps (though in Canada they run at 60Hz and are closer to 2.5kW)
    Hybrid vacuum bed with T-slots (I'm also getting dual T-slots on the sides so I can use the outside ones to install a secondary set of rails and lightweight gantry for laser engraving)

I'm planning to take pretty aggressive cuts - hence going to gear reducer so there is less room for backlash or wobble.
    Also, I engrave most of what I cut, so in order to avoid putting too much wear on the main gantry, I'm essentially building a diode laser engraver right on top of the machine bed. The lighter gantry will be able to move faster too, which is a nice bonus.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

sorry about the late response, i was busy with to many things (Work, Covid issues and so on). No, my Gantry never had out of square issues. i decided to not use the RichAuto because i am more familiar with the Mach3, so i asked them to change it to Mach3 controller. at start I thought to replace it once it will arrive, but Lanny convinced me to see how the Mach3 controller performs and then to decide. so far, i can't complain- it does with it should do.
    have you consider to go the K60? it sounds that yo have many demands from the CNC (both accuracy and power), maybe it worth pay some extra money and get stiffer machine and maybe even use servos instead of steppers? are you sure the 2.2kW is enough to your needs?
    please verify that the
    SHIMPO reducer are suitable for stepper motors, I think they more fit with servos.

I didn't understand how you want to install the 2nd gantry for the laser engraver. the t-slots on the sides are not that accurate, i have 0 experience with laser engraver heads but have you thought putting the laser head with the spindle? (again, don't have any experience with it. there is also fumes issues with the laser you need to take in your considerations.)

i suggest you to consult with QuickCNC about your setup. maybe they have better knowledge.

Thanks,
    Nir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast