Thoughts on the HAAS desktop mill??

Thread: Thoughts on the HAAS desktop mill??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thoughts on the HAAS desktop mill??

Hey guys .... Yes I know this is not the HAAS section BUT... Since we have or most of us have the cheap china made machines I thought I would ask if anyone has seen the new desktop mill ( router ) that HAAS has com eout with ? Go here to watch the trailer on the desktop and please comment below

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thoughts on the HAAS desktop mill??

"Hobbyists and garage machinists will be interested in what it can do"
    LOL only schools will shell out for this thing. This thing is going to cost much $$$.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cyclestart View Post
    "Hobbyists and garage machinists will be interested in what it can do"
    LOL only schools will shell out for this thing. This thing is going to cost much $$$.
    Price tag with no options is 7,000.00 usd

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    Price tag with no options is 7,000.00 usd
    You can build a great machine for $7000 that is just plain crazy for a hobbyist to buy or even schools

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You can build a great machine for $7000 that is just plain crazy for a hobbyist to buy or even schools
    Yes I agree 100 percent. I contacted my local Haas dealer to ask about the spec's of this machine he said there is no option for spindle upgrades no option for tool changer , no basically said the only upgrades available are for software, of course since that is their controlled....the machine might as well be the 6040 router off ebay

Downloads
    Uploads

haas is the only major company that is wise enough to take a route that will stamp their name in the minds of many youth
    they aren't part making machines . They are for engineering students who need to get their feet wet with cnc and build a real life understanding of what it entails . It's a much more cost effective solution than buying full sized machines that only ever see wax . And , when they get crashed they are much cheaper to repair or replace
    One haas mini mill = a good number of these mills without a massive footprint . As it is , a lot of students are walking out of institutions already knowing haas controls , more so than any other brand .

A company like haas isn't going to jump into this without doing their research and I'm sure they will sell piles of them right out of the gate , especially since haas machines are already in numerous institutions . I've never seen a price on them but since it was mentioned to be 7000 , in the big scheme of things thats piss in the bucket .

With that said , the thing is obviously a useless turd for any real machining