Spindle Speed question.

Thread: Spindle Speed question.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Speed question.

Hi
    I have my 6040 up and running and still have a few question.
    1. The spindle speed. I change the M3 numbers but nothing seems to change. What would cause this? I have changed it from 1000-5000-10000 and it sounds the same. I am not sure what controls this speed other than the M3 numbers or whether I have a setting in the VFD set wrong.
    2. Where in the VFD would you set the max speed? Just in case I have that set wrong and more likely the issue since I am not sure where to set the speed at.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Speed question.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairgr1 View Post
    Hi
    I have my 6040 up and running and still have a few question.
    1. The spindle speed. I change the M3 numbers but nothing seems to change. What would cause this? I have changed it from 1000-5000-10000 and it sounds the same. I am not sure what controls this speed other than the M3 numbers or whether I have a setting in the VFD set wrong.
    2. Where in the VFD would you set the max speed? Just in case I have that set wrong and more likely the issue since I am not sure where to set the speed at.
    Thanks
    First we have to know what you have to be able to help

Do yo have a 0-10v output from the Breakout Board that changes voltage when you change the speed M3 S5000 this is the first part to get working

What type of spindle do you have if you have a 24000 RPM spindle then it will not run at those low speeds 6000 RPM is the normal lowest speed it should run if the VFD is set correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I wasn't sure what to check first. I will pull this cover off and see if I can figure out where to check that voltage at. Here is what I have AT100-S2-OR7G VFD with a GDZ-65-800A spindle 220V 800W 400Hz 24000. I have attached picture of the board and spindle.
    I will check the voltage in the morning and let you know what I have. I think we still have an optical tachometer and If I can find that I will try to check the RPMs to make sure what we have.
    Thanks for the input

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Speed question.-img_4654-jpg   Spindle Speed question.-img_4635-jpg  

This machine 6040 do not have relay and spindle control board ( No 0-10VDC output). The VFD do not have the 0-10 VDC input.

You need a machine which has breakout board with Relay and Spindle control. then you can use M3

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...water-spindle/

Downloads
    Uploads

So just a question because I am learning. If this does not have the 0-10 VDC how does Mach change the speed of the spindle? I can move the Spindle Speed slider and the speed changes. Where does that input come into play?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Speed question.-spindle-speed-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

So just a question because I am learning. If this does not have the 0-10 VDC how does Mach change the speed of the spindle? I can move the Spindle Speed slider and the speed changes. Where does that input come into play?
    If you can change the speed of the spindle from the Mach3 control then your Breakout Board has a PWM 0-10v output to the VFD Drive, is Mach3 turning the Spindle on and off with M3 and M5 if so then that is connected also

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. I can type M3 to start and M5 to stop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I wasn't sure what to check first. I will pull this cover off and see if I can figure out where to check that voltage at. Here is what I have AT100-S2-OR7G VFD with a GDZ-65-800A spindle 220V 800W 400Hz 24000. I have attached picture of the board and spindle.
    I will check the voltage in the morning and let you know what I have. I think we still have an optical tachometer and If I can find that I will try to check the RPMs to make sure what we have.
    Thanks for the input
    This is the same machine and board I have. Long story short, my computer crashed and is non recoverable and I cannot find the software disk that came with it. I have mach 3 just need the usb drivers, if you still have them would you can to share them with me. Thanks!