3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

So does the a1 terminal play a part or do I just wire it 1 nc to the bob and the other nc to the relay/on off switch

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Michael

on the KJD17 switch terminal A1 needs to be connected to terminal 24 via one of the E-stop N/C contacts

the second E-stop N/C is connected between the BOB E-stop input ( usually pin 10) and the input common

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM-kjd17-jpg

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM-spindle-control-wiring-3040-router-version-2-a

when the E-stop switch is pushed the KJD17 switch will switch off killing the supply to the spindle and stepper driver power supply

the BOB will signal an E-stop to the PC

John

PS
    it looks like I will have to find the original diagrams used to produce the spindle wiring diagram as the diagran here on cnczone has a reduced resolution in post 103

note - the KJD17 switch shown is the UK version with a 240V and you need the USA version switch with a 120V coil !

Downloads
    Uploads

john the 1st post to the drawing looks like it started on post # 24 but it is missing the no volt on off switch

Downloads
    Uploads

John I was wondering if you know anything about a spindle sensor for a mini lathe to be able to thread ? I have just bought a mini lathe and I am converting it to cnc and I need to get something for threading and I was thinking could I use this same setup that I have for the mill for the new mini lathe just with 2 axis?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    Hi Michael

on the KJD17 switch terminal A1 needs to be connected to terminal 24 via one of the E-stop N/C contacts

the second E-stop N/C is connected between the BOB E-stop input ( usually pin 10) and the input common

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM-kjd17-jpg

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM-spindle-control-wiring-3040-router-version-2-a

when the E-stop switch is pushed the KJD17 switch will switch off killing the supply to the spindle and stepper driver power supply

the BOB will signal an E-stop to the PC

John

PS
    it looks like I will have to find the original diagrams used to produce the spindle wiring diagram as the diagran here on cnczone has a reduced resolution in post 103

note - the KJD17 switch shown is the UK version with a 240V and you need the USA version switch with a 120V coil !
    John I have the kjd17 switch wired with the a1 wire and the 24 terminal has the live coming from the main plug from the wall and the estop does nothing with it is pressed what am i doing wrong ? There is nothing plugged into the 23 terminal should there be ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Michael

with the mains supply connected to terminals 13 & 23

when you press the green button terminal 14 is internaly connected to one end of the coil

the free end of the coil is terminal A1 that needs connecting to terminal 24 to latch the switch ON

by connecting A1 to 24 via one of the E-stop switch N/C contacts

the switch will open when the E-stop switch is open

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM-kjd17-wiring-e-stop-jpg

the E-switches second set of N/C terminals can be connected to the BOB's input pin 10 & common to signal an E-stop to mach 3

is this any easier to follow ?

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    Hi Michael

with the mains supply connected to terminals 13 & 23

when you press the green button terminal 14 is internaly connected to one end of the coil

the free end of the coil is terminal A1 that needs connecting to terminal 24 to latch the switch ON

by connecting A1 to 24 via one of the E-stop switch N/C contacts

the switch will open when the E-stop switch is open

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM-kjd17-wiring-e-stop-jpg

the E-switches second set of N/C terminals can be connected to the BOB's input pin 10 & common to signal an E-stop to mach 3

is this any easier to follow ?

John

John,
    Yes much easier to follow I am stuck trying at the e stop ....I ran 24 and a1 to the estop but now I have to run the 24 through to the 1xhcel so do I have 2 wires leaving the e stop

Downloads
    Uploads

yes you have 2 wires connected to terminal 24 -
    the connection to A1 via the E-stop and power to the spindle controller and DC power supplies

As it might not be easy to crimp 2 wires in the quick fit connector you push onto terminal 24

you will find it easier to connect 1 wire between the switch terminal 24 and the Live input to your 5V or 36V power supplies
    and the wire to the E-stop switch

how was the power originally distributed ?

power looped from one power supply to the next and the spindle control

or are there terminal blocks distributing the power ?

John

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567