3040 tparallel port help

Thread: 3040 tparallel port help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3040 tparallel port help

I have bought a 3040 t blue control box uses parallel portIt says cncnest on the from of it.400 watt.I have followed the manual for the motor tuning settings in mach 3 but every time i load g code the work peice is out of the table on dro and a lot of time the machine will be cutting i nthe wrong spot but mach 3 in the dro window shows its at the right spot.
    Can someone help me or supply me with a profile for mach 3 for it maybe with the x y flipped as well?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040 tparallel port help

Are the axes moving in the correct direction?From the description,it could be that the wiring is incorrect or you wouldn't need the x and y flipped.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry yes they are moving in right direction.Let me try to explain better im pretty new Ok what is going on.
    ok when i load my g code the work piece in mach 3 display window is off the table.and the art work aint centered in the design.When it goes to cut in the mach 3 display it is showing that it is cutting where its suppose to but the machine really aint.Then sometimes it will also miss the work piece completley.I am homing on the work piece and everything.

Downloads
    Uploads

From the description it would seem to be a problem with the datum position.I use LinuxCNC and don't know the intricacies of Mach 3,consequently I can only offer limited suggestions.You might be homing on the workpiece when you should be homing to machine zero and applying a datum offset to establish the part position relative to the machine's home position.I suggest you try homing the machine and then move it to the part datum position and note the X,Y,and Z values.Then find a way to incorporate these values in a G54 command.There may well be some useful tutorials on youtube.

Downloads
    Uploads

the 'zero' position of the job much match the CNC Router. usual location is bottom left corner, although others can and are used.
    It sounds like yours are different.

Your axis's movement definately matches your keys when you job them? ( left arrow moves the axis to the left)

Downloads
    Uploads

ok maybe a few pictures can help. See i bought this machine off someone that bought it but never used it.So i dont know for sure which version of cnc it is.They gave me a manual which i hope is the right one they said they wasnt for sure cause they bought 2 of them and sold the other cnc unit to.So my manual if its the right lists 3 different 3040 models if this is a 3040.
    as you can see in the mach 3 dro window it keeps placing my art work on the workpeice far right when its suppose to be cenrtered.But it cuts centered on the machine.I have been using easel and exporting the g code and loading it in mach 3
    sometimes messed up if letters are real close together.ive included a pic of the cnc so hopefully you guys can help me figure out which one it is so i can get my motor tuning right and get this set up fully.Im totally new to all this and appreciate all the help.
    and yes i have the axis working the right way .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3040 tparallel port help-71008038_368714600681288_5566916144108929024_n-jpg   3040 tparallel port help-71148958_748963208877047_2268105304837193728_n-jpg   3040 tparallel port help-71136913_600629827137065_8317641452209307648_n-jpg   3040 tparallel port help-71136484_510071039559309_908046473961144320_n-jpg  

3040 tparallel port help-71500858_380550852867931_5777958175470780416_n-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the pictures but they don't tell enough to really get to the root of the problem. I assume this is your first CNC machine and you are learning as you go.Some questions:How are you generating the toolpaths?Where is the part zero X and Y position derived from?How do you get the machine to locate the workpiece?Having placed the workpiece on the machine,how do you define the datum position?

Finally,could you post the first dozen or so lines of one of your programs?It seems that the machine may be making the correct moves,but at the wrong area within the machine's working envelope.Viewing the program header may help us to see if a work offset has been correctly applied or if the part datum is centred over the workpiece instead of at the lower left hand corner.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon2k9 View Post
    ok maybe a few pictures can help. See i bought this machine off someone that bought it but never used it.So i dont know for sure which version of cnc it is.They gave me a manual which i hope is the right one they said they wasnt for sure cause they bought 2 of them and sold the other cnc unit to.So my manual if its the right lists 3 different 3040 models if this is a 3040.
    as you can see in the mach 3 dro window it keeps placing my art work on the workpeice far right when its suppose to be cenrtered.But it cuts centered on the machine.I have been using easel and exporting the g code and loading it in mach 3
    sometimes messed up if letters are real close together.ive included a pic of the cnc so hopefully you guys can help me figure out which one it is so i can get my motor tuning right and get this set up fully.Im totally new to all this and appreciate all the help.
    and yes i have the axis working the right way .
    I have the same machine and when I unboxed mine I had to switch the stepper drivers ... when I moved x with jog y would move after I got this fixed I used mastercam to get my g code . THE QUESTION IS WHERE SRE YOU SETTING YOUR WORK ZERO . Yes u have a home zero and then u have a work offset zero and they are usually never the same . You need to find out where your x0 y0 is set on the geometry that the g code was made from