StyleCNC STM1325R3 Router?

Thread: StyleCNC STM1325R3 Router?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default StyleCNC STM1325R3 Router?

Has anyone had any experience with StyleCNC? I have had many communications back and forth with them over the past year designing a machine to fit our needs. They have been easy to work with in communication and have been quick to reply. Prices seem to be on par with what I have heard of other chinese made machines to cost. It has now come time to have the machine built and send money. I expect to have to do some work to this machine right out of the gate but the one thing that I am concerned about is the payment. It appears they ask for 30% prior to build and remainder prior to shipping through a bank transfer. Is a bank transfer a usual way of payment to these companies in china? I feel like the company can be trusted however the payment seems strange. Searching google for reviews I dont really find much. But then again I dont really find much by searching any of the chinese made brands.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: StyleCNC STM1325R3 Router?

Yes, bank to bank wire transfer is very common for larger purchases. Depending on the type of transfer it could take up to 72 hrs to clear. For piece of mind, have a chat with your banker, they do this every day.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, be absolutely certain you both understand what they are building and with what components etc. Example, if you asked for 4 axes, ensure they will supply a 4 axis controller, interface, hand controller or whatever the controls are. Get maker, brand, model etc. Be wary of software, ensure it's a licensed/genuine copy if they are including any. Homing and limit switches or just homing switches and so forth. Photographs are also good, for what parts might be used (genuine or knock-off) as well as progress updates on the build.

This may sound somewhat pedantic but...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    Also, be absolutely certain you both understand what they are building and with what components etc. Example, if you asked for 4 axes, ensure they will supply a 4 axis controller, interface, hand controller or whatever the controls are. Get maker, brand, model etc. Be wary of software, ensure it's a licensed/genuine copy if they are including any. Homing and limit switches or just homing switches and so forth. Photographs are also good, for what parts might be used (genuine or knock-off) as well as progress updates on the build.

This may sound somewhat pedantic but...
    Thanks, thats helpful. Yes there has been dozens of emails back and forth with them to ensure every optuon we are looking for goes into the build. It does come with cracked software however we already own a copy to the software being installed. Any opinions to using the RichAuto controller vs Mach3. Our current cnc uses mach3 but im told RichAuto is easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by nemisis83 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with StyleCNC? I have had many communications back and forth with them over the past year designing a machine to fit our needs. They have been easy to work with in communication and have been quick to reply. Prices seem to be on par with what I have heard of other chinese made machines to cost. It has now come time to have the machine built and send money. I expect to have to do some work to this machine right out of the gate but the one thing that I am concerned about is the payment. It appears they ask for 30% prior to build and remainder prior to shipping through a bank transfer. Is a bank transfer a usual way of payment to these companies in china? I feel like the company can be trusted however the payment seems strange. Searching google for reviews I dont really find much. But then again I dont really find much by searching any of the chinese made brands.
    Hey I am kind of in the same position as you were back when making this post. Could you please share your experience with this company? I am also worried about the direct bank transfer. And I am also worried about the build quality as well.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

For the US worker, Mach3 is easier than RichAuto.

I just ordered a machine from StyleCNC, we submitted our payment through Alibaba for trade assurance instead if bank wire. The extra processing fee was worth the peace of mind.... Our machine is being picked up from the freight forwarder tomorrow, it took 5 months due to delays both from the manufacturer, customs, weather, and a really crappy freight forwarding company called ECU Global.