Which of these spindles should I get? 2.2kw vs 2.5kw ATC

Thread: Which of these spindles should I get? 2.2kw vs 2.5kw ATC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which of these spindles should I get? 2.2kw vs 2.5kw ATC

Hey all, Im looking at buying a automatic tool changer spindle from here:
    China JGL-80 1.5kw 2.2kw 2.5kw 24000rpm 40000rpm ISO20 ATC Cnc Spindle Motor Suppliers, Manufacturers and Factory - Customized Products - Jingjiangcity Jianken High-Speed Electricmotor Co.,Ltd

The is a 1.5Kw, 2.2kw and 2.5Kw version with max rpm 24k, 30k and 40k rpm respectively.

Ive contacted them and asked for a RPM / Torque curve but so far they have not sent me one... im just concerned the 2.5Kw version will only make usable power at 30,000 to 40,000 rpm? and since I currently operate mainly around 20,000 rpm would I be better off with the 1.5 or 2.2kw version?

OR would it be a linear curve and the 2.5kw version would make 1.5kw @ 24k rpm, 2.2kw @ 20krpm and 2.4kw @ 40krpm? and they are all basically the same spindle just possibly the 2.5kw version has upgraded internals to allow it to run at higher hz / rpm?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which of these spindles should I get? 2.2kw vs 2.5kw ATC

Why would you need anything above say 24,000 rpm? You also need to realize sometimes the seller is not the manufacture and they do not have a clue.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't "need" the extra RPM but I want as much power as possible. But if the 2.5Kw version only makes 2.5KW at 40,000rpm then its sort of pointless???

But if the 2.5Kw makes the same power as the others at lower rpm's the price difference isnt that much so I may as well go with the 2.5

But Im worried its not linear and I would be better off with the 1.5 or 2.2kw for the Rpm's I use

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
    I don't "need" the extra RPM but I want as much power as possible. But if the 2.5Kw version only makes 2.5KW at 40,000rpm then its sort of pointless???

But if the 2.5Kw makes the same power as the others at lower rpm's the price difference isnt that much so I may as well go with the 2.5

But Im worried its not linear and I would be better off with the 1.5 or 2.2kw for the Rpm's I use
    The higher speed spindles can't be run at low speeds they have a very small RPM range and are not suitable for most users you have to have a different VFD that has a high frequency output as well

Look for a 3Kw 24,000 RPM spindle if you want more power than the 2.2Kw 24,000 RPM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira View Post

The kW rating is the work it can do, think of it as Hp, not the rpm rating.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro