Need Help! Identifying internal controller things so I can replace them

Thread: Identifying internal controller things so I can replace them

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Identifying internal controller things so I can replace them

Hello!

I got a 6040 from the ebay and now that it arrived, I want to do some changes before starting to use it. Would like someone to proofread it and tell me if I am missing some low hanging fruit or doing something extremely wrong.

this is an album with some photos https://imgur.com/a/ow3xfoZ

1) I want to get a wire from the grounding screw that is connected to the case and bring it all the way to the spindle, and just stick it on any of those screws that are connected to the spindle body. What gauge should I be using for that? I was hopeful that the cable they used had a 4th wire just not connected to anything but nah, the cable only has 3 wires so I will have to pull one by myself.

2) I don't recognize the drivers, as in, what brand/model they are. So I can't find manuals to check the dip switches and will have to trust that they are on the correct position for the steppers that the machine has. If anyone knows what model those are, lmk.
    EDIT: Found out what the model was, tx14207, also found out that they are terrible so I got some TB6600 replacements already on the way.

3) I will replace the Mach3 controller with an arduino/CNC shield or raspberry pi with the protoneer hat, and run grbl. the current problem is that I am not sure if the protoneer hat or arduino cnc shield have a 0-10v analog output for the spindle speed control, and since I can't find out model/manual for this VFD that is internal to the controller, I can't find out if there's a way to use 0-5v instead.

3b) In case I can't make it work with that setup, I am intending to use a PWM to Voltage converter that I found on amazon that theoretically will convert a PWM pin signal to 0-10v. I am open to other solutions too.

4) I want to add end switches and a probe, but I haven't even started researching those yet.

In the future I am planning replacing the stepper motors with something I know (The listing says "57 two-phase 3A 150N.cm" that isn't exactly a model but ¯\_(?)_/¯) and make a heavier table (cbmakes on youtube has one with steel and wood that is pretty interesting).

If anyone has a similar machine and have done some mods, let me know, I am all up to it.