Need Help! X Axis First Negative Software Limit Reached - Syntec 6MA

Thread: X Axis First Negative Software Limit Reached - Syntec 6MA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default X Axis First Negative Software Limit Reached - Syntec 6MA

Hi guys, I'm new to all of this so I'd first like to thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

My company makes office furniture and after our former CNC operator up and left i was tasked with trying to figure out how to write programs and operate the CNC. Everything i know, which is very very little, is all self taught from trying to read forums and online.

I'm stuck right now with my CNC. I use a Syntec 6MA controller and I'm unsure what brand machine we use. However, it does have 3 heads. They're positioned as follows T2, T1, T3

Tool 2 and 3 can move up and down from air pressure and tool 1 i stationary so it only moves up and down on the z axis. I primarily use tool to do all of my cutting, however, I've learned how to use all 3 tools so I've been doing that lately. I was cutting a table using tool 2 yesterday and after it cut the table I got a hardware limit error. I reset the controller and reran the program and my x axis had changed. I'm unsure why but the program started about 7 inches left from where it should have. So i reset my G54 X and Y offset and finished what i was doing.

Today I'm trying to use a program that utilizes both tools 2 and tools 3. However, when tool 3 tries to cut I get the error X Axis First Negative Software Limit Reached. I understand why I'm getting the error, there's obviously a setting somewhere telling the machine not to go past -1 on my x axis. I'm sure if i knew where to adjust that setting i could change it and continue on with my work. If anyone can tell me where to change this, that would be helpful.

My bigger question is why did this happen. It's almost like the machines coordinates changed. My absolute zero should align with tool 3 since it's the furthest tool to the right but it seems to align with tool 2, the tool on the left. I should be able to move tool 3 into the zero position but it stops when tool one gets to the zero position. By the way, my zero, zero is the bottom left corner of my table just so you have an understanding of how my machine travels.

I hope i was able to explain my problem properly. I'm unsure of correct terminology for a lot of this stuff so I tried to explain the best i know how.