Help with Hy-3040/6040, and recreating docs (MicroStepping, Pinout and LCD Options)

Thread: Help with Hy-3040/6040, and recreating docs (MicroStepping, Pinout and LCD Options)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Hy-3040/6040, and recreating docs (MicroStepping, Pinout and LCD Options)

Before I get to the issues I'm having, I thought maybe I could ask for help in recreating the documents for these machines.
    Lots of it is undocumented, or just horribly documented, and what is in the documents, is just barely enough to get the machine working, as for any settings that have to do with tuning the machine, you are left on your own.

Anyways, I'm having an issue with my 3040, it seems to be losing/gaining steps. I've tried calibrating steps with mach3, but the problem still persists, so I'd like to try changing the micro stepping, and/or motor current.
    I noticed that when I use the machines manual controls, the motors sound much different then when they are controlled from mach3, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the current.

Unfortunately the English documents are horrible, and the support from the seller is even worse.
    I've been trying to ask him for the limit switch pin out for mach3, and he has no idea.

So problem 1, does anyone know how to change the micro stepping?
    In problem 3, Image 4 - 7, there is a setting for manual control only.
    There is also this image in the documents, which makes me think there are dip switches for changing these settings, but if manual steps can be changed digitally maybe mach3 can too?

Problem 2, does anyone know the correct pinout for the limit switches? (I'm using a parallel port)
    Here is what are in the documents, but I'm really confused to what it all means, mach3 is setup from the second image, but I can't see any correlation between the 2.

I'm guessing these pins are on the MCU? Cause the parallel port pinout couldn't work with these, as the Y axis is 16, and thats the reset pin on the parallel port.

Problem 3, does anyone know what the options in the display do? Here are some pictures, I've included ones from my machine, and then their documents.

Here is what I know, I'd really appreciate if someone could help me fill in the blanks(???). I plan to create new english documents so everyone who owns one of these machines will actually know all the settings there machine has.

Image 1 : Status Screen
    -HYCNC = (Company name)
    -MLON/MLOFF = ??? {Documents = Under normal manual switch}
    -ESON/ESOFF = Limit Switch Status (limit switches do not work when controlled by mach3 though) {Documents = Limit switch under normal conditions}
    XYZA = Machine coordinates (Does not update when controlled by mach3, need more pinout info)

Image 2: Limit switch settings
    Sy LimT: ON/OFF = Limit switch toggle {Documents = Set limit on or off}
    st Ligt: #S = ??? (Value is presumably Seconds, but for what?) {Documents = Under normal manual switch}
    em SpiE: ON/OFF = ??? {Documents = Under normal manual switch}
    ST MunL: ON/Off = ??? {Documents = Under normal manual switch}

Image 3: ??? (NOTHING IN DOCUMENTS)
    Or StaT: ON/OFF = ???
    ig RaiE: #mm = ???
    in ProF: X*Y Z* = ???
    ST DiaR: #mm = ???

Image 4 - 7: Stepper Motor Settings
    X/Y/Z/A SubN: #<#> = Setting microsteps for manual control {Documents= Set the X/Y/Z/A-Axis drive segments)
    Ax PulE: #L = Steps per inch??? for manual {Documents = Set the X/Y/Z/A-axis 1mm need pulse}
    is SpeD: #/S = Manual Move Speed {Documents = Set manually controlled stepper speed}
    ST Mode: -$ = ??? {Documents=Set up manually controlled single-step or continuous}

Image 8: PC Path Recording (You can kind of understand what each thing does, but using them is another story, pressing run made my machine run towards the wall, with seemingly nothing recorded)
    PC = (Label) Recording source
    REC= Start recording???
    #### = Segments to record
    RUN= Run Recording???

Image 9: Manual Path Recording (Just like PC Path Recording, same thing happens)
    MLST = (Label) Recording source
    REC= Start recording???
    #### = Segments to record
    RUN= Run Recording???

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by LittleRain; 07-29-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Hy-3040/6040, and recreating docs (MicroStepping, Pinout and LCD Option

I don't own one of these but I was hepling someone once to fault find on his.

I have a pdf manual, I downloaded, but its probably the same as yours.

My guesses:

MLON: Manual Mode ON
    MLOFF: Maunual Mode OFF

ESON: Emergency Stop ON
    ESOFF: Emergency Stop OFF

Nothing else seems obvious yet....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Hy-3040/6040, and recreating docs (MicroStepping, Pinout and LCD Option

I removed all these electronics and went with a Pokeys57cnc controller on my HY6040.

If you need spare boards, please let me know.

I was able to determine "Motor Tuning" settings by trial and error, please see this thread,

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/stepp...ml#post2249426

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I don't own one of these but I was hepling someone once to fault find on his.

I have a pdf manual, I downloaded, but its probably the same as yours.

My guesses:

MLON: Manual Mode ON
    MLOFF: Maunual Mode OFF

ESON: Emergency Stop ON
    ESOFF: Emergency Stop OFF

Nothing else seems obvious yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Miamijerry View Post
    I removed all these electronics and went with a Pokeys57cnc controller on my HY6040.

If you need spare boards, please let me know.

I was able to determine "Motor Tuning" settings by trial and error, please see this thread,

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/stepp...ml#post2249426
    Yeah my plan is to change all the electronics, but unfortunately right now I have a client who needs something done by the end of the week, so I'm hoping to get these lost steps fixed as best as possible in the mean time.
    How is the pokey working out for you, do you recommend it?
    I've been thinking about designing a controller, one that will be able to control water pumps, get inputs from linear encoders to automatically fix any loss steps and stuff like that, but I'm a little too busy at the moment, so the pokey might be my best option.

Hey thanks, what would you want for the spare boards? That would actually be pretty useful for me. My machines in a custom enclosure, so getting at the electronics is quite a bit of work.
    Do you know if they are the same boards as in this manual(Page7)? And do you remember the motor pinout being the same as on page 14?
    https://www.china-cncrouter.com//dow...7133949201.pdf

That's really funny, I was actually reading that thread yesterday, I'll take another look.
    My Motor Tuning settings are actually ok, the manual was right in that regard, I also used mach3's axis calibration to fine tune them which they are pretty accurate for a short while, but the problem is after running the machine for a bit it loses steps.
    I was hoping I could fix that by changing the microstepping, but I have no idea how to do that at the moment, or if it will even make a difference.

Seems like you guys really went full force and upgraded it quite a bit. I should probably do the same and change out the motors as well.
    I uploaded a pic of my setup, having the machine bolted to the enclosure added quite a bit of stability, but there is still quite a bit of play from the X lead screw/rails. Any advice?
    I also plan to waterproof the bottom so I can really flood it with coolant, but I've only used it for aluminum once so far, so its not a top priority at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Hy-3040/6040, and recreating docs (MicroStepping, Pinout and LCD Options)-my3040-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

To me lost steps, mean you are try to drive too fast (for the voltage) and the motor is stalling rather then move. I would switch to a 48v power supply for the motors for sure...

I like the Pokey board, but there are too many connections to make in the small space of the original Hy6040 column.

Please PM me about the spare boards... My manual is different but the boards look the same.
    regarding motor pin outs, all the motors had the same color pattern ABCD, except z axis which was DCBA.

I have not experienced play on the X axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lost steps are happening even when I'm just drilling though, and not even traveling near max speed of the machine. That's probably a good idea though, I'll do that when I upgrade the motors.

Ah that's too bad, and I'm on the 3040 so it may be even smaller.

Pm'd.

Hmm, maybe its a problem with my machine, or possibly the 3040. There is a small amount of play on the X lead screw and rails, I guess I wouldn't call it play, but more of a flex.

Downloads
    Uploads

On 24v these motor were bad in Mach3, it wasn't until I update to 48v that the motor operated as expected. If they miss steps when you slow the accel, then that is a problem. Is there any binding the axis? I found the original motors sufficient...

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting. And no, no binding.
    I read in another post that someones problems went away when they used a different computer, I wish mach3 would work on a PCI card and 64bit system.
    I'm going to try to install LinuxCNC on another drive on my main PC, and see if that helps at all. Maybe its something to do with my 15 year old PC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, have you done any progress in the meantime? I have the same machine. I had the same issue with Mach3, but it was due to the LPT port and the old dell laptop I am using. I mean, it is not the hardware, simply the lpt connection becomes unstable if you have too many things running in the background. I disabled all the services which are not needed and now I have a stable connection on the port. And everything is fine. The B axis has the same configuration as the A axis.
    Next to parallel port there is a connector for the Z probe, it works.
    On the screen there is a USB connection, I suspect you can connect an external memory for recording, because the screen itself has a very small one. I configured a Mach 3 screen for the 5 axis and for the Z probe. Moreover, I found the right post processing configuration for Mach3 for the 5 axis.
    I am planning also to upgrade this machine, but honestly, it works well enough as it is, at least for milling wood. I did not try aluminium yet, but I think there shouldn‘t be problems.
    Any upgrade you have done?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

The pinout for Limit switches is 10,11,12. Z probe is 13, if I remember well. The machine is set to 1/8 microsteps, if I read correctly the documentation related to TB6560 drivers. The 5th driver is not on the board, is mounted separately. For some strange reason there is no wire from the earth of the mains to the power supply, I wonder if there is a technical reason.
    I am thinking to install a 36V 1000 w power supply, 542 or similar drivers and a good motion board to control also the spindle. I think there is enough space, if not I can 3D print an external box for the board and mount it on the left side of the column. Ant thoughts?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk