3040 blown fuse??????

Thread: 3040 blown fuse??????

Default 3040 blown fuse??????

I got a new 3040 from eBay. It keeps blowing the fuse that powers the steppers. The circled part in the pic gets really hot really quick. Much hotter then the one to the spindle. Anyone got an idea how to fix this.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3040 blown fuse??????-screenshot_2019-05-18-17-41-43-jpg  

Default Re: 3040 blown fuse??????

Anyone with any ideas lol. I need some help here bad and i don't think im going to get any any time soon from the suplier. The frame and everything seems decent enough for what i do. I think eventually ill put some nema 34s, bigger spindle, and a new control board. But for now i gotta make this do.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can try to help but am not optomistic...I don't own that particular machine.
    I assume you don't have a schematic drawing for your board? Thats the easiest way to try and work out what that component is and what it does.
    If not, try to find one, if you can.
    Or, look for markings on the device anf Google it....you might be lucky. Someone may have already had this problem and found a solution.
    You could try to isolate the problem by disconnecting any devices that are wired to that board? ( not sure that's possible )
    Another option is to identify and just replace the whole board all together, from China. If you can find it, it should be fairly cheap.

How long did it work before failing?

Where are you located?

Do you have any electrical experience?

Is ther more than 1 fuse on the board? If so, which one is this one?

Let uus know how you go.
    Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I can try to help but am not optomistic...I don't own that particular machine.
    I assume you don't have a schematic drawing for your board? Thats the easiest way to try and work out what that component is and what it does.
    If not, try to find one, if you can.
    Or, look for markings on the device anf Google it....you might be lucky. Someone may have already had this problem and found a solution.
    You could try to isolate the problem by disconnecting any devices that are wired to that board? ( not sure that's possible )
    Another option is to identify and just replace the whole board all together, from China. If you can find it, it should be fairly cheap.

How long did it work before failing?

Where are you located?

Do you have any electrical experience?

Is ther more than 1 fuse on the board? If so, which one is this one?

Let uus know how you go.
    Sorry, I can't be of more help.
    No i didn't even get a manual, not even a Chinese one.

It worked for maybe 3 hours run time total. The first time i ran a job over 30 min long it bowed a fuse. After that it seems to blow if ran for more then a couple minutes.

Not much electrical experience at all. I built a couple rc cars Thats about it lol.

Im located in middleburg ky. About 60 miles south of lexington.

There is 2 fuses. This one goes to the stepper motors. The other to The spindle. The spindle one never blows.
    The x axis motor seems to get hot quicker then the y. I will try to swap them this evening and see if that changes.

Downloads
    Uploads

a photos showing all of the boards in your machine will help

from the limited view it looks like another version of this board
    3040 blown fuse??????-photo_13-jpg

which powers a 3 axis stepper board like this
    3040 blown fuse??????-xm-zgjyst9k4makbuus8nw-jpg

if you have a seperate power supply and stepper driver board
    I would disconnect the DC supply wires from the stepper drivers to see if the power supply is faulty

a faulty stepper driver could be overloading the power supply

John

PS
    you may find the stepper driver power supply circuit is like this
    3040 blown fuse??????-overloaded-bridge-rectifier-jpg

unless the bridge rectifier marked in red on your original picture is damaged
    I expect a faulty stepper driver is over loading the power supply and blowing the fuse

Last edited by john-100; 05-19-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: add PS

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    a photos showing all of the boards in your machine will help

from the limited view it looks like another version of this board
    3040 blown fuse??????-photo_13-jpg

which powers a 3 axis stepper board like this
    3040 blown fuse??????-xm-zgjyst9k4makbuus8nw-jpg

if you have a seperate power supply and stepper driver board
    I would disconnect the DC supply wires from the stepper drivers to see if the power supply is faulty

a faulty stepper driver could be overloading the power supply

John

PS
    you may find the stepper driver power supply circuit is like this
    3040 blown fuse??????-overloaded-bridge-rectifier-jpg

unless the bridge rectifier marked in red on your original picture is damaged
    I expect a faulty stepper driver is over loading the power supply and blowing the fuse
    Well i got a multimeter and thought i might have fpund the problem. The yellow wires have 20 v and the white wires have 40, but it seems by your drawimg thats correct lol. I will take some more pics tonight when i get back home.

Here is the exact machine i have. I can't find the schematics for it anywhere.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3040 blown fuse??????-screenshot_2019-05-19-15-27-29-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

the only schematics you may find is if some one has reverse engineered a board

the first circuit diagram/schematic of mine on the web is the FC250J speed control board for a Clarke CL300M mini lathe

Here on cnczone you will find a couple of breakout boards I have traced in full and several partial diagrams of boards from photos with limited resolution

Another member here Rakounet posted details for the YOC-PW3024 board

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...oc-pw3024.html

John

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    the only schematics you may find is if some one has reverse engineered a board

the first circuit diagram/schematic of mine on the web is the FC250J speed control board for a Clarke CL300M mini lathe

Here on cnczone you will find a couple of breakout boards I have traced in full and several partial diagrams of boards from photos with limited resolution

Another member here Rakounet posted details for the YOC-PW3024 board

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...oc-pw3024.html

John
    Here is tge exact board i have except mine is 4 axis and has 4 dip switches.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3040 blown fuse??????-screenshot_2019-05-19-20-47-39-jpg  

It puts out 60 volts to the red board at the jumper wire from the green board. It drops to 49 when all three motors are running.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3040 blown fuse??????-20190519_211449-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

60V to the stepper driver board is too high
    if the board uses the TB6560 stepper IC - TB6560 maximum supply voltage 34V DC
    (the maximum supply for the TB6600 is 45V DC)

Are you sure your not connecting 220V to a machine wired for 110V ?

In another thread I helped a member rewire a 120V machine to run on of a 240V supply
    3040 blown fuse??????-3020t-control-box-220v-transformer-connections-jpg

note
    the output voltages off load can be several percent higher than stated on the label

PS
    check the lable on the transformer to see what output voltages you should have voltage from the secondaries

if its the same as in the picture above
    the yellow secondary winding is 18V that should give you 18 x 1.4142 = 25V DC once rectified
    which is OK for the red TB6560 stepper driver board

the secondary with the white wires should give you 36V AC which when rectified gives you 50V DC for the spindle motor

John

PPS

110V transformer connections

3040 blown fuse??????-3020t-control-box-110v-transformer-connections-jpg

Last edited by john-100; 05-20-2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: add PPS