How do i move the spindle with mach3?

Thread: How do i move the spindle with mach3?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do i move the spindle with mach3?

OK, I thought I could work this one out myself but nope.

I installed mach 3 (but haven't bought it yet), I ignored the disk that come with the machine as I have nothing to read it.

Turned on the controller box.

I plugged the parallel to usb cord into computer (Microsoft surface book). It was identified.

Opened mach 3.

NOW WHAT? I cannot see any evidence that the computer is communicating with the steppers/spindle at all. Do I have to install drivers? What can I do to test this?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by htraps; 05-02-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do i move the spindle with mach3?

Not sure if it helps but the DVD/CD that came with my CNC also included a config file that needed to be added to a folder in Mach3 (along with the good old pirate mach3 that everyone should ignore). I would hit up the reseller and see if they can provide that file digitally .

PS, if you are very new to Mach3 please also note that the reset Button is activated by Default (the Stop switch on the machine may be as well) so make sure those are also both off. If they are off then you should be able to move the machine with the arrow keys. (Get a Xbox 360 controller , makes life a lot easier, just make sure to read the setup guys as there are several setting that need to be changed before it will work as well).

Downloads
    Uploads

It wont work with usb/parallel converter.
    Give more detail on your machine's electronics.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Downloads
    Uploads

I hit the reset button, made sure the emergency stop button was turned (doesnt seem to do anything anyway). I cant get it to move.

The parallel to usb cord came with the machine. I've attached pic of machine.

This is the message in the computer control panel for the controller box;

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    There are no compatible drivers for this device.
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do i move the spindle with mach3?-my3040-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to install a plugin that allows your USB device to communicate with Mach3.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You need to install a plugin that allows your USB device to communicate with Mach3.
    I tried pasting the RNRMotion.dll into the plugin folder but pfft "rnr motion card not found!". I hate this thing and I want to smash it. I guess I'll try and find an ancient computer with a parralel port.

I went to my neighbours and used their relic with a disk reader to copy the files onto a usb stick, it had the program "CNC USB" on it, but that doesn't work either.

I'd love to take the computer out of the equation, can I purchase one of those controllers with the SD reader and have it plug and play with the machine I've got?

Last edited by htraps; 05-02-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got it to move by installing the evaluation version of CNC USB, hacked version on disk didn't work. Still interested in getting mach3 to function via usb.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by htraps View Post
    I got it to move by installing the evaluation version of CNC USB, hacked version on disk didn't work. Still interested in getting mach3 to function via usb.
    It's not possible without the USB Plugin correctly installed that's what the supplied thumb drive would of had on it plus all the configuration files

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you asked the reseller ? They may have an updated copy/ Not corrupt copy of the drives / config file. While normally useless for hard trouble shooting they can often get that far at least.

Also what version of windows are you running? (i'm assuming a Surface Book is Win10) I have never personally tried it but I hear that mach3 is not a huge fan of the newer version of windows (i run Win7 personally and its fine).