cnc router wont finish cut

Thread: cnc router wont finish cut

Downloads
    Uploads

Default cnc router wont finish cut

i have a cnc router and i am cut thin plastic so i am running at 100" min the cut is good. when it goes to finish the circle the machine pulls out about 3/8" early leaving a gap of unfinished plastic. i am using artcam pro. mach3 i have another cut which is only about an inch long and when i slowed down the cut to 30" min it cut complete but i dont want to slow the other cuts because they run to long.
    btw the cut is .080 bit .090 deep 100" min like i said before it cuts nice at that speed in fact the cut is worse when i slow it down.
    please help todd

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cnc router wont finish cut

Your machine might not be rigid enough to move at those speeds . You can slow down your spindle to match your cut speed to get the exact same quality as you get at 100ipm. You might also have a setting for overshooting/undershooting. How square are your squares? To get the desired cut quality at the slower speeds use this formula. 100 ipm / your spindle speed. And then do 30 ipm/your spindle speed. Lower the spindle until you get a number that's close enough to the 100 ipm/your spindle speed. / is divided.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the help, the machine seems very rigid, i tried looking up on the internet about overshooting with artcam pro and didnt find anything i will try tomorrow and slow it down and see if that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the code is correct and can be backplotted successfully I would investigate whether the machine is losing steps.I don't see any figures in the thread for the power of the spindle or the torque of the steppers-either or both could be inadequate for 100" feeds.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    If the code is correct and can be backplotted successfully I would investigate whether the machine is losing steps.I don't see any figures in the thread for the power of the spindle or the torque of the steppers-either or both could be inadequate for 100" feeds.
    3.5k on spindle and 450b on steppers. i did not notice any miss steps but im new but the machine did exactly the same thing on 8 cuts and all cuts look the same. the machine ramped out instead finishing the cut and pulling straight out.

Downloads
    Uploads

3.5K at that sort of diameter doesn't give very much peripheral speed at all.I am amazed it actually does 100 ipm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    3.5K at that sort of diameter doesn't give very much peripheral speed at all.I am amazed it actually does 100 ipm.
    not sure what you mean, with a .080 bit i wouldnt think it would what motor i had would make a difference its so tiny. certainly doesnt need much power.

Downloads
    Uploads

Take a look at this page https://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/...ta-Routing.pdf . The parts relating to depth of cut and chip load might be helpful since we don't know how many flutes your tool has.

Downloads
    Uploads

my rpm was 15000, the 3.5k is HP. and it is two flute

Downloads
    Uploads

If you send a profile cut at around 1" x 24" in both x and y direction. Do they both come back as 1"x24" ? You can just cut into the spoil board instead of cutting up real material and mark the distance with a pen. If they both come back exactly the right size at different speeds you probably don't have that big of an overshoot problem and it might have to do with limit switches instead. Could be that the machine thinks it's too close to the edge and tells it to pull out. Also make sure your machine cuts very close to perfect circles, try the same method as with the 1x24 squares and see if the circles are circular or not.

In case the rectangles are not the right size adjust you gain values for steppers. Do not add big increments, start with like 1 and make sure you adjust the right axis then test to see the difference.