Problem Syntec 6mb controller issue

Thread: Syntec 6mb controller issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syntec 6mb controller issue

Hi
    Looking for guidance from anyone who has experienced a similar problem with the Sytnec 6mb.
    We have had this issue twice now with the same machine, its an Omni 1325 ATC and we have 3 of them.
    The controller is not taking any input from the upper keyboard, to the right of the screen, this has gone from an intermittent fault a few days when restarting the machine would clear it.

I am it my wits end with it.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Syntec 6mb controller issue

checking the connections on the back of the controller would be a must.. if not already done..

Downloads
    Uploads

Done that.
    Had an electronics engineer look at it, he took the keyboard out and took it back to his workshop for testing. He came back a few hours later and said he could not find anything amiss and said he expected it to work when he reassembled it. He thought it might be some dirt. Sure enough he put it back and now it’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Guess what!
    We have the same issue with our newest machine which is only a few months old.
    I am kind of wondering whether it could e a voltage fluctuation issue but really clutching at straws. It's another intermittent problem which can be temporarily solved by turning the machine off and waiting a while, but the "while" can be anything from 5 minutes to several hours. Again we have checked the connections and can't find anything so we are calling an engineer in to investigate.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm wondering if its temperature related?

Downloads
    Uploads

The engineer took out the keyboard and basically looked at it, couldn’t find anything wrong with it and put it back. Believe or or not it’s been working since then.
    Bizarre!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

When i was trying to install a new firmware onto our Syntec 6MB it was required to connect a USB keyboard at the front of the machine. So this might be a quick & dirty fix when there faults again. Not sure if it's feasible to use the specific controls (cycle start and such). But it's definitely a bit easier to edit g-code directly on the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can confirm that, at least with an EZ3 control, the upper keyboard can be disconnected and the lower panel still works.

It works best when the syntec keyboard is disconnected rather than trying to run both.

Ctrl seems to be the reset button, all other functions on my panel I can get to via the F keys under the screen (now the F1-F5 on the keyboard.....left arrow is each, right arrow is f10)

My F5key was having issues.....this should solve it especially once I get used to the change.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Well,

Posted too soon on that one.

The keyboard works, but not with full / regular alphanumeric use....it works like the panel keyboard, which is to say a lot of keys are remapped.
    The lower left CTLR is reset,
    The right shift key is the same as the panel shift key (ie, for me, shift D gives the letter A).
    Letter U (for me, your milage may vary) is Monitor button,
    Leter I is POS button,
    Letter J is PRM button,
    Letter V is Alarm Button
    .....letter K does change something when in the program editing mode, a line on the top of the screen changes from input to graphical input I think in abbreviated form.

Letters that also seem to be reserved (ie typing them in the program edit window do nothing obvious)
    A
    Q
    W
    ~
    C
    H
    '
    [
    ]
    - beside the numbers
    =

The number pad is not used for numbers, maybe arrows, I haven't experimented too much. For example, The - key on the number pad works as a - key whereas the one mentioned above is reserved.

But, it does work if your factory keypad is messed up.