Newbie Wiring Limit Switch on Cronos Maker

Thread: Wiring Limit Switch on Cronos Maker

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring Limit Switch on Cronos Maker

Hello all. I just put together a 2418 Mini CNC machine which came with a Cronos Maker controller. All works well, I have full control on X,Y,Z and spindle spins up. I have upgrade the grbl to 1.1g (latest as of 2/24/2019). But like my 3d printer, I would like to add limit switches to this unit.

But I cannot determine how to wire up the switches. There are three 3-pin connectors labeled Z limit, Y limit and Z limit. the pins are labeled (on back of controller) S, - , and +. But if I try to close of any two pins (I am using NO switches) all I get is an alert and need to power off/on the controller to get back to normal. I cannot find any information on this controller either from Google or Bing searches. Can someone who has knowledge of this controller help me determine what the combination of pin connection to wire up.

I have seen the controller listed as Cronos Maker and also listed under Daedalus.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring Limit Switch on Cronos Maker

Quote Originally Posted by rjh_55 View Post
    Hello all. I just put together a 2418 Mini CNC machine which came with a Cronos Maker controller. All works well, I have full control on X,Y,Z and spindle spins up. I have upgrade the grbl to 1.1g (latest as of 2/24/2019). But like my 3d printer, I would like to add limit switches to this unit.

But I cannot determine how to wire up the switches. There are three 3-pin connectors labeled Z limit, Y limit and Z limit. the pins are labeled (on back of controller) S, - , and +. But if I try to close of any two pins (I am using NO switches) all I get is an alert and need to power off/on the controller to get back to normal. I cannot find any information on this controller either from Google or Bing searches. Can someone who has knowledge of this controller help me determine what the combination of pin connection to wire up.

I have seen the controller listed as Cronos Maker and also listed under Daedalus.
    Did you ever find limit switches that worked with the board.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think i might have found what we want. on ebay they have these
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pack-End-....c100010.m2109

and since our board only has 3 spots 1 for each axis, i think we need these.

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-3-Pi...%2C150&sr=1-12

Jimmy_Bondi

Hey,
    I would also like to upgrade my CNC3018 with endstops.
    Did you change any Pin Assignemt or somthing else, to grbl1.1, or can I flash it "OOTB" to my Cronos Maker controller board ?

there are 3 pins because you can use the switches like normally opened or normally closed. NO or NC