We've been using this spindle (GDZ-80-2.2B 110V 2.2kW 12A 400 Hz, water cooled) since August 2017, so it's held up pretty well so far. Recently, though, we've been noticing it's been making new sounds. They come and go and are pretty quiet, but there is basically always a weird sound going on. We think there might be an issue with one of the bearings - specifically one of the ones in front, since that's where the current sound seems to be coming from, and we worry that this will start impacting the performance of the spindle soon if we don't start taking care of it. We're looking into buying a replacement spindle so we can use that before we start repairing this current one so our CNC isn't out of service while we wait for the replacement bearings. Most of the spindles I've found that come up when I look up this product number are either 220V 2.2kW (which doesn't match our voltage) or 110V 1.5kW (which is lower power than our current one). We have run the spindle outside of the gantry while holding it and the sound is still there, so it's not from a loose part on the gantry.

The closest I've found is this one from Huanyang, which matches our spindle pretty closely in appearance and in the connection ports on the back, except it has a different logo and says it's rated for 5A, where the one we have is rated for 12A.

Do you guys have any recommendations for what spindles we should get as a drop-in replacement for our current one? We run our CNC off of an Omio USB CNC controller plugged into a 120v AC plug.

When we get our new spindle, what steps (if any) will we need to recalibrate our controller to work with the new spindle? The people who set up our CNC are no longer on our team and the rest of us only know how to operate the CNC, but not how it was set up.