New Machine Build Couple Questions about the HY-3040

Thread: Couple Questions about the HY-3040

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Couple Questions about the HY-3040

Just got an HY-3040. Can't use it yet because I'm waiting for my PCI Express Parallel Port card to arrive. I guess I could use my old XP computer, may do that if it takes too long.

Question 1 : I noticed a USB port on the LCD screen, does anyone know what that is for?

Question 2 : Does anyone know what the hand held controller model is? I'd like to find some English instructions, the broken English is impossible to understand, but its hard to google when you don't know even know what its called.

Question 3 : Is the little 2 pin connector above the parallel port for the probe?

Question 4 : Is the A value the fourth axis? And is there no B, because its not in 5th axis mode? And I guess back to question 2, where is a good English manual to put it in 5 axis mode?

Edit: Have a couple more questions..

Question 5 : What kind of pump should I use for cutting fluid? Would a regular aquarium peristaltic pump do the job? Or what do you think of this one? https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m...000652536.html

Question 6 : What is the cheapest cutting fluid out there? I'm having a hard time finding the info I need.

Question 7 : How do you connect your fluid nozzle, and measuring dials to the frame?

Thanks!

Here is an image of the Button panels and LCD.
    https://i.postimg.cc/vH6HfT0S/handheld.jpg

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by LittleRain; 01-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRain View Post
    Just got an HY-3040. Can't use it yet because I'm waiting for my PCI Express Parallel Port card to arrive. I guess I could use my old XP computer, may do that if it takes too long.

Question 1 : I noticed a USB port on the LCD screen, does anyone know what that is for?

Question 2 : Does anyone know what the hand held controller model is? I'd like to find some English instructions, the broken English is impossible to understand, but its hard to google when you don't know even know what its called.

Question 3 : Is the little 2 pin connector above the parallel port for the probe?

Question 4 : Is the A value the fourth axis? And is there no B, because its not in 5th axis mode? And I guess back to question 2, where is a good English manual to put it in 5 axis mode?

Question 5 : What kind of pump should I use for cutting fluid? Would a regular aquarium peristaltic pump do the job? Or what do you think of this one? https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m...000652536.html

Question 6 : What is the cheapest cutting fluid out there? I'm having a hard time finding the info I need.

Question 7 : How do you connect your fluid nozzle, and measuring dials to the frame?

Thanks!

Hi, I think I have the same machine. The two pin connector should be for the probe, but I didn’t check it yet.
    The USB on the screen: I have no idea. I was also searching the internet to find a manual without success.
    The A is the 4th axis, B is not on the hand controller. Mach3 settings for B are same as for A. It seems that B is connected directly to the board with a smaller stepper driver, but I am not sure.
    Anyway on Mach3 everything works properly, including B.
    If you have made steps forward in the meantime, please share them, I just received the machine. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Couple Questions about the HY-3040

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRain View Post

Thanks!

The venturi pump is not going to work for a coolant pump

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is mine, working with aluminium and wood:

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I confirm that the connector next to the lpt port is for Zero probe. You need only the two lower pins, pin 13.

Downloads
    Uploads

That coolant flow is hopeless.
    I use a 350w submersible pump and it blasts chips out. It does push a bit too much coolant through it but it works.
    I had to add a direct bypass line using a couple of valves as there was so much pressure there. Can run 4 nozzles at some force.
    For a £30 pump it's cracking.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    That coolant flow is hopeless.
    I use a 350w submersible pump and it blasts chips out. It does push a bit too much coolant through it but it works.
    I had to add a direct bypass line using a couple of valves as there was so much pressure there. Can run 4 nozzles at some force.
    For a £30 pump it's cracking.
    Any reference?

Downloads
    Uploads

My first important upgrade, a metal tank in place of the plastic one.

And the rotary axis with harmonic reducer. I need a bigger table thou, this is only 38 cm and the tank is 50 cm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Couple Questions about the HY-3040

here it is the second, larger table for the rotary axis and the 5 axis.