Spoilboard HELP

Thread: Spoilboard HELP

*Registered User* treverinterstate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spoilboard HELP

I have a 5'x10' Industrial CNC Router but can only find MDF board for the spoilboard in 4x8. We are new to the CNC thing and know absolutely nothing! Can we take 2 4x8 and piece them together to make them 5x10 or do we have to have a 5x10 sheet? We have a vacuum table. I know from research I need to surface the spoilboard and I have a surfacing bit but thats as much as I know. Any help, ideas, or tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spoilboard HELP

If your vacuum table is zoned (separated into sections), consider using a spoil board section over each segment/zone.

MDF is very porous so you will need to seal the edges. There are many spoil-board references in this forum and many YouTube videos.

Some photos of your machine would be useful.

Cheers,

HarryE.
    ====

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spoilboard HELP

You shouldn't have any problem with using a number of pieces for a spoilboard.Just remember to give the whole working area a light skim before running a job.You may be able to find 10X5 sheets if you look really hard,they are no fun to lift around.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can use the CNC to cut the MDF into 60x41 inch sections with 1in rabbet edges. Glue them edge to edge and then surface the board with a spoilboard bit.