Need Help! Chinese 3040 driver issues and possible replacement

Thread: Chinese 3040 driver issues and possible replacement

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese 3040 driver issues and possible replacement

Hi All.

I know there is a MASS of information and posts about these cheap Chinese tables and yes...They are pretty shonky but hey ho. You play the cards your dealt.

I bought one a few years ago and promptly moved house soon after delivery and forgot all about it. Recently i tried to get it going and stumbled accross a few issues (the biggest one was i had to build a PC with serial port!).

I have the "free" bundled Mach3 software but for some reason it will not communicate with the driver at all. It connects but no instructions get through.

I was wondering if these kits from Aliexpress would do to replace what i think is a faulty Serial connection on my driver (i know almost zero about serial stuff and USB is so much simpler)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MACH...4-eeb503aca23a

If not...Can anyone recommend a cost effective (CHEAP!) driver kit that works simply. I am a complete Noob to CNC (well i have use of a LPKF router at work but thats simple plug and play compared to this). I dont have much to spend on this and have a few things i would like to make with the machine. If its too much money or hassle....It will probably be forgotten or scrapped.

Cheers chaps

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 3040 driver issues and possible replacement

Have a look in your C:/ Mach3/plugins folder. Your should have a driver file for YOUR particular control board in there.
    It will have the file extension ".dll" You have to manually copy it across. Did you do that?
    That will allow Mach 3 to interface with your board.
    If the Supplied didn't supply it, you will have to identify your board and find the correct file.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 3040 driver issues and possible replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Have a look in your C:/ Mach3/plugins folder. Your should have a driver file for YOUR particular control board in there.
    It will have the file extension ".dll" You have to manually copy it across. Did you do that?
    That will allow Mach 3 to interface with your board.
    If the Supplied didn't supply it, you will have to identify your board and find the correct file.
    No, i didnt do that.

I will have to open up the box and see what i have and find out. Thanks for the heads up.