Need Help! 3040 CNC

Thread: 3040 CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3040 CNC

I have been using my Chinese 3040 CNC machine with a parallel port for about 6 years and has recently developed a problem with the Z axis. It begins to engrave at the set depth but will suddenly get deeper as the job continues. I have no electronics skills apart from cleaning contacts Mechanically the machine seems fine so I am guessing it is an electronic problem. I am running Mach 3 software with Lazy Cam.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040 CNC

Quote Originally Posted by johntodd View Post
    I have been using my Chinese 3040 CNC machine with a parallel port for about 6 years and has recently developed a problem with the Z axis. It begins to engrave at the set depth but will suddenly get deeper as the job continues. I have no electronics skills apart from cleaning contacts Mechanically the machine seems fine so I am guessing it is an electronic problem. I am running Mach 3 software with Lazy Cam.
    My 6040 had an axis "moving" out of position during machining recently and it ended up being the bob.....after seven years use.