Need Help! New CNC machine having issues Z axis is stuck... PLEASE HELP!

Thread: New CNC machine having issues Z axis is stuck... PLEASE HELP!

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry New CNC machine having issues Z axis is stuck... PLEASE HELP!

So we received a new CNC Machine from CimTech its a 1325ATC with a Syntec 6MB Controller. On first start up 1st thing I tried was to home it and received an error saying cant home X,Y because Z is not on its origin. So I tried to move the machine by jogging with no luck still. Also was getting an Alarm for the A axis tool change driver so we open it up and the Yaskawa driver is flashing alarm A320. So I'm guessing that is maybe why I cant move the gantry at all? So we hook up to the driver via usb and run it through some test on SigmaWin and even called Yaskawa they were very helpful. Basically the driver is dead and we need a new one. So we hook up the computer to X driver and we were able to move it on the x axis with the SigmaWin software no issues. Now when we hooked up to the Z driver we tried to move it and all we got were some noises from the what I think was the motor but no movement? Has anyone ever had this issue or know what possibly may be the issue? Basically the Z axis is stuck which is why Im not able to home the machine?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC machine having issues Z axis is stuck... PLEASE HELP!

One of these: CNC Router - Products - CIMTECH Group QINGDAO CIMITECH MACHINERY CO.,LTD ? How much did you pay for that 1325ATC? Don't they provide any post-sale tech support, or are you entirely on your own once they've got your money?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I couldnt tell you I didnt buy it the company I work for did im just trying to figure it out. I have experience runni g AXYZ machines that's all so this machine it quite different then from what I'm used too. They have been somewhat of a help but it's from China the language barrier isnt very good and I'm supposed to have a meeting with them tonight over the phone but I still would like to have an idea of what maybe the issue they may not know? Hopefully my boss buys the next machine where support is local.

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    One of these: CNC Router - Products - CIMTECH Group QINGDAO CIMITECH MACHINERY CO.,LTD ? How much did you pay for that 1325ATC? Don't they provide any post-sale tech support, or are you entirely on your own once they've got your money?

Downloads
    Uploads

It might help to see if the Z axis is mechanically stuck. Turn off everything and try turning the screw by hand. Run it through the whole range of its motion, and determine if it moves smoothly. If there's a noticeable hangup at one point, or if the whole thing is frozen, that indicates a mechanical issue that it's going to be difficult to resolve over the phone (especially if your Mandarin isn't perfect). Slides can get out of alignment and cause jams; something can be stuck in between the screw and the nut, or something else could be in the way.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Z axis can not move or can not move in high speed? For Yaskawa drive Error A320, usually need to add a resistance if Z axis yaskawa drive is not dead. Can you show you more pictures of the cabinet?