CNC 6040 USB 1500w ebay - need help - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CNC 6040 USB 1500w ebay - need help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC 6040 USB 1500w ebay - need help

I am encountering a new issue of my Windows 7 64 bit computer locking up that is connect USB to the machine. First, I have this older IBM NUC small computer that has an i3. In the middle of jobs sometimes the hdmi screen would go into a jitter state and lock up the computer and the job would just die. Only way to recover was a hard reboot. I researched on google and some claim to make sure BIOS and video drivers are up to date and possibly change the HDMI cable. Done all that... still was freezing occasionally. Hooked up my Toshiba Qosmio i5 Windows 7 64 bit which NEVER had an issue since I bought it in 2011... Everything worked well on several jobs. Until yesterday. In the middle of a big pocket cut job I noticed the monitors were jumping occasionally, but it was not effecting the job progress. Was about to change the tool for the next tool-path job and looked at the computer... it rebooted on its own. Grrrrrr! Something is causing my computers to act bad or lock up. The Chinese seller claimed that this version machine would allow 64 bit on the USB. I am beginning to think it might be conflicting. Anyone else have these issues on a 64 bit machine? The USB cable is brand new. I am almost afraid to start a large job for fear of lock ups or BSOD type issues. Any help or suggestion?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DarbyOhara View Post
    I am encountering a new issue of my Windows 7 64 bit computer locking up that is connect USB to the machine. First, I have this older IBM NUC small computer that has an i3. In the middle of jobs sometimes the hdmi screen would go into a jitter state and lock up the computer and the job would just die. Only way to recover was a hard reboot.
    My first thought was that an i3 would not have enough grunt for this type of work ( just my thoughts...no proof )

Check the PC's performance under Task Manager while doing a job...see if the CPU or RAM are Maxing out. Other trends may give you clue as well....

More RAM *may* help if you don't have enough,( Probablly need at least 4 Gig ...more better) OR your CPU still still NOT be up to it...hard to say....

Hooked up my Toshiba Qosmio i5 Windows 7 64 bit which NEVER had an issue since I bought it in 2011...
    'Never has an issue' with running Mach 3 or just generally?

Some feel the USB system on Laptops are not robust enough for this sort of work. I have NEVER used a Laptop....others have no problems at all using Laptops......
    Do you have Desktop PC you can test with?

Everything worked well on several jobs. Until yesterday. In the middle of a big pocket cut job I noticed the monitors were jumping occasionally, but it was not effecting the job progress. Was about to change the tool for the next tool-path job and looked at the computer... it rebooted on its own. Grrrrrr!
    Overheating *can* cause this....also bad RAM, and other reasons....lol

Something is causing my computers to act bad or lock up. The Chinese seller claimed that this version machine would allow 64 bit on the USB. I am beginning to think it might be conflicting. Anyone else have these issues on a 64 bit machine? The USB cable is brand new.
    Is the USB cable screened? Cable needs to be 'good quality'....more important than being new.

Electrical noise generated by poor wiring in your control box may be the source of all your problems.....The trouble is you will void the warrenty if you open the box to have a look...some say your not loosing anything....lol Your call.
    Basically, everything should be earthed to the same point.
    Good luck.

I am almost afraid to start a large job for fear of lock ups or BSOD type issues. Any help or suggestion?

Downloads
    Uploads

As a follow up... I reinstalled Windows 7 32 bit version on my computer and have been running jobs daily for over a week with zero issues. No lock ups or BSOD. So it was the 64 bit that was the problem. Although the Chinese seller claimed 64 bit was ok, it wasn't on my machine. My jobs run great now, except for an occasional user error.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123