AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT

Thread: AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT

Default AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT

Hello GentsI have assembled a 3 axis CNC router from a kit and now need to do the electronics part. Part of the kit, was the Arduino UNO board, which I am not going to use. Too much programming involved there.My system has the following1) 24 Volt Power Supply(2) 3 X Nema 23 Stepper Motors. 1 for the X-axis and 2 for the Y-axis.(3) 1 X Nema 17 Stepper Motor for the Z-axis(4) 1 X DQ542MA Stepper Driver(5) 2 X MKS TB6600 Stepper Drivers(6) AKZ250 MACH3 Motion ControllerI will be including 3 pics of sketches which I made from info which I have found, but have read that the TB6600 Stepper drivers have their own issues? So I am thinking about replacing these with another 2 X DQ542MA Stepper Drivers.An issue regarding the "EN" port on the TB6600 is that there is no EN port on the AKZ250 board. So I am not sure how to connect that, if it must be connected?The last pic is the one, where I need some assistance with. This is for the Y-Axis, which is going to have two stepper motors on either side of the rail. i.e. Both geared pulleys are facing each other. So one motor must have an opposite side of rotation. The YD on the board goes to the DIR- on the Driver and the YS on the board goes to the PUL- on the Driver. (This is how I understand it)Please view all 3 pics and tell me if I am on the right track or not?RegardsCraig

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-dscn0442-jpg   AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-dscn0443-jpg   AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-dscn0441-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT

Hi Craig,
    I have a AKZ250 and have just replaced it with a ESS. ( not fired up yet...)
    I agree....I think you will be better off not using the TB6600's. No experience with them but from what I have read. They can be problematic.
    I don't think the AKZ250 can 'slave' a second stepper, but you *may* be able to drive 2 drivers from the same signals. I guess you can try it and see.
    The Enable inputs are not needed, from my experience.....just need the 4 control wires.
    Have you got the Mach 3 plugin for the AKZ250?

I also soldered in another 3 pin connector at J12 so I could use a 2nd pot. Semed to work ok, although one indicated 150% when at mid travel. ( seemed unusual as I expected 100% )
    I didn't bother persuing it further.

Steve

AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-usb-motion-card-jpg

Hello SteveThank you for your response. We have a TIME ZONE difference here in SA.Okay, I just learned that my AKZ250 motion controller does not support a "slave channel". I am not using the Arduino UNO type controller, which was supplied in this kit. Their wiring diagram shows two NEMA 23 motor, wired to one DQ542MA stepper driver. Nothing actually done to show that both of these NEMA 23 stepper motors, are wired independently. So I assume that it will work?I have a Registered version of MACH3 and the program recognises the AKZ250 board - like plug and play. There was however one file, which I had to copy and paste into the MACH3 Directory.Please explain what plug-in you refer to?RegardsCraig

Hi SteveI just placed an order for another 3 DQ542MA Stepper Drivers. They will be here next week.Do you know or have heard about the MACH3 DDLMV1 USB motion controller board? This is a 4-axis board. It would work perfectly on my router, which has 2 Y-axis stepper motors. Then just use the A-axis to drive one of the stepper motors on the Y-axis.I have attached two pics of it.RegardsCraig

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-dscn0447-jpg   AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-dscn0445-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I would not recommend any chinese Mach3 motion controllers.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by craig00747 View Post
    Hello SteveThank you for your response. We have a TIME ZONE difference here in SA.Okay, I just learned that my AKZ250 motion controller does not support a "slave channel".
    No, I didn't think so either.

I am not using the Arduino UNO type controller, which was supplied in this kit. Their wiring diagram shows two NEMA 23 motor, wired to one DQ542MA stepper driver. Nothing actually done to show that both of these NEMA 23 stepper motors, are wired independently. So I assume that it will work?
    Yes, it appears so. Not the best arrangement but will be fine for now.

I have a Registered version of MACH3 and the program recognises the AKZ250 board - like plug and play. There was however one file, which I had to copy and paste into the MACH3 Directory.Please explain what plug-in you refer to?RegardsCraig
    If Mach 3 is recognising your AKZ250, must already have the plugin installed. Its called 'usbmove.dll.' It will be in the 'plugin' folder in Mach 3. Have alook.

Most recomend using a slightly older version of Mach 3 as well. The last 2 digita are 62.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi SteveI just placed an order for another 3 DQ542MA Stepper Drivers. They will be here next week.Do you know or have heard about the MACH3 DDLMV1 USB motion controller board?
    No, not familar with that board.

This is a 4-axis board. It would work perfectly on my router, which has 2 Y-axis stepper motors. Then just use the A-axis to drive one of the stepper motors on the Y-axis.I have attached two pics of it.RegardsCraig
    I am not sure you can use the A axis to drive one of the Y axise steppers...Better make sure before you buy. ( I may be wrong..)

Consider Gerrys comments regarding chinese boards. It may be worth moving to a non-chinese Motion card now. It might save you some headaches down the track. Not much after sales support around for them. I found that with the AKZ250.

Hello Steve. Any idea where to look for a non-Chinese board and a board which is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit? The boards which I can find here are all the Chinese made ones. Regards Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Warp9's Ethernet Smoothstepper.
    CNC Drives UC100, UC300ETH, UC400ETH.

These are the most popular and are known to work well.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello GerryMany thanks for supplying your info. I really appreciate that.We actually have a Dealer here in SA, who deals with the Warp`s. So I will be looking into that for sure.RegardsCraig

Downloads
    Uploads

I am using a 3 axis akz with tb6600 drivers on my router. I love it but after my experience with pokeys 57e+cnc4pc M16 on my lathe my favorite changed that way. I am not going to use USB electronics again.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Hello Azalin. I am new to CNC control and appreciate all the info that you guys are giving. Regards Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello SteveThank you for your response. We have a TIME ZONE difference here in SA.Okay, I just learned that my AKZ250 motion controller does not support a "slave channel". I am not using the Arduino UNO type controller, which was supplied in this kit. Their wiring diagram shows two NEMA 23 motor, wired to one DQ542MA stepper driver. Nothing actually done to show that both of these NEMA 23 stepper motors, are wired independently. So I assume that it will work?I have a Registered version of MACH3 and the program recognises the AKZ250 board - like plug and play. There was however one file, which I had to copy and paste into the MACH3 Directory.Please explain what plug-in you refer to?RegardsCraig
    Buona sera.Sono interessato alla vostra discussione perché anche io ho una AKZ250-4 assi e non riesco a configurare A come slave di X. Avete trovato una soluzione o mi devo rassegnare a duplicare il segnale di X per comandare anche il driver A?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Il-lupo-75 View Post
    Buona sera.Sono interessato alla vostra discussione perché anche io ho una AKZ250-4 assi e non riesco a configurare A come slave di X. Avete trovato una soluzione o mi devo rassegnare a duplicare il segnale di X per comandare anche il driver A?
    Vi sarei molto grato se riusciste ad aiutarmi. Ho già finito il pantografo ma non riesco ad usarlo.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AKZ250 MOTION CONTROLLER BOARD USB PORT-img20201128223759-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Ecco il mio pantografo

Downloads
    Uploads

Ecco il mio pantografo:
    https://gopro.com/v/G1zJzWqVn8L6O