Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board Documentation

Thread: Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board Documentation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board Documentation

Does anyone anywhere have the documentation on the Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board? Not only is the website gone- nobody will even admit to building this little technological terror but for some reason a lot of people are more than happy to sell it to you. I'm the proud owner of one that is in the PRT-E1500W controller that came with my new 6040- which I understand from reading in the forum is not actually the model of the controller but the model of the VFD. It's really great that they put these boards into controllers and furnish absolutely no documentation on it. I'm an electronic engineer so I decided to open up my controller (Yea, I know- I negated the warranty. What warranty???) and diagrammed the wiring. Clearly the Bitsensor board is nothing more than a serial to parallel converter that communicates over the USB port. It has all kinds of gozinders and gozouters with names like XP, (X-Polarity), XD, (X-Drive) IN1, (Input 1), etc... While the names are pretty self explanatory when you look at what they connect to, it would be very helpful to know how these pins map out to actual port bits. I notice too that there is no voltage on +5 volt terminal that feeds the stepper motor drives and the red LED on the motor drives that indicates the presence of the +5 voltage do not light up which may indicate that either the the +5 volts is only present when the motor drive is supposed to be active or the +5 volts is supposed to be present all the time and this thing was simply crap coming out of the box. Once again- documentation would clear these things up. I won't even go into what an absolute disaster the internal wiring is inside the controller that was shipped with my machine. I see that when you buy a new BSMCE04V from like Aliexpress, you get a CD with it. If anyone has bought one, is the user manual on the CD? I'm about ready to drop a few hundo's on a new breakout board that at least has documentation with it and replace the Bitsensor board. Please pardon my rant- I spent most of my career in metrology doing precision NIST traceable calibration on physical and electrical standards and analytical instruments. I guess I've been spoiled by the likes of Allen Bradley, National Instruments, Fluke, Tektronix, Kiethley, and HP (now Keysight).

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board Documentation

There's a schematic for wiring the board up here. Not sure that helps at all?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...812756624.html

I feel your pain.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Re: Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board Documentation

Glenlivet,

Who is selling an Allen Bradley DSP for twenty dollars $20.00? Apples to Apples?

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by glenlivet View Post
    Does anyone anywhere have the documentation on the Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board? Not only is the website gone- nobody will even admit to building this little technological terror but for some reason a lot of people are more than happy to sell it to you. I'm the proud owner of one that is in the PRT-E1500W controller that came with my new 6040- which I understand from reading in the forum is not actually the model of the controller but the model of the VFD. It's really great that they put these boards into controllers and furnish absolutely no documentation on it. I'm an electronic engineer so I decided to open up my controller (Yea, I know- I negated the warranty. What warranty???) and diagrammed the wiring. Clearly the Bitsensor board is nothing more than a serial to parallel converter that communicates over the USB port. It has all kinds of gozinders and gozouters with names like XP, (X-Polarity), XD, (X-Drive) IN1, (Input 1), etc... While the names are pretty self explanatory when you look at what they connect to, it would be very helpful to know how these pins map out to actual port bits. I notice too that there is no voltage on +5 volt terminal that feeds the stepper motor drives and the red LED on the motor drives that indicates the presence of the +5 voltage do not light up which may indicate that either the the +5 volts is only present when the motor drive is supposed to be active or the +5 volts is supposed to be present all the time and this thing was simply crap coming out of the box. Once again- documentation would clear these things up. I won't even go into what an absolute disaster the internal wiring is inside the controller that was shipped with my machine. I see that when you buy a new BSMCE04V from like Aliexpress, you get a CD with it. If anyone has bought one, is the user manual on the CD? I'm about ready to drop a few hundo's on a new breakout board that at least has documentation with it and replace the Bitsensor board. Please pardon my rant- I spent most of my career in metrology doing precision NIST traceable calibration on physical and electrical standards and analytical instruments. I guess I've been spoiled by the likes of Allen Bradley, National Instruments, Fluke, Tektronix, Kiethley, and HP (now Keysight).

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Glenlivet,

Who is selling an Allen Bradley DSP for twenty dollars $20.00? Apples to Apples?

Jeff...
    Jeff,
    You have totally missed the point. Price is not he issue. I knew I was buying a $1.2K chinese made machine. That having been said- one should not have to piddle around wasting countless hours surfing the web and sifting through internet forums digging for the information they need to make a tool work. Tools are supposed to make things easier and in this case the tool is also supposed to be fun. I'm sure a lot of hobbyists are buying these things and because they are hobbyists maybe don't mind the piddling. I on the other hand purchased the machine for production to make prototype parts so in this case wasting time is wasting money. I know that somebody somewhere MUST of had some documentation on this Bitsensor board at some time. There is NO way on Gods little green Earth they could have integrated it into this controller if they didn't. To not have it available is just BS! Sorry if you misinterpreted my post- I was merely drawing a correlation to how well other manufacturers who really care about their customers document their products.

Dan-

In the beginning there was nothing and even that blew up!

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,

We understand your point and most new CNC customers that purchase 1,200 dollar machines are making a decision based totally on price "wishing" the import machine has magic JuJu that will make parts without investing time educating themselves on the use, support and reliability of said equipment.

Unfortunately due diligence is an afterthought. In the meantime is there a physical issue with your machine that someone here may help you resolve?

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Bitsensor BSMCE04V USB Board Documentation

Hiya.
    I found this pdf IN RUSSIAN did some google translating and im more or less sorted now hope it helps.
    Found here.

https://docplayer.ru/64560459-Rnr-un...nastroyke.html

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work Deadfool.
    Hopefully other will find this via Google.