Odd Mach 3 behaviour

Thread: Odd Mach 3 behaviour

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Odd Mach 3 behaviour

Hi,
    Has anyone come across this situation before?

I have been checking the accuracy of my Spindle Speed and have noticed a strange (annoying ) thing happening.

Machine is a X61500GT, Motion Card is USB :AKZ250, latest legit version of Mach 3.
    Nowforever D100 VSD.Windows 7 64 bit.

Speed signal is done by dodgy brothers, ie the PWM signal from AKZ250 is wired to ANin1 on VSD with a 1k pull up resistor from 12V VSD output.
    It works, but is not the way it should be done.

I have been manually inputting different spindle speeds into Mach 3 and measuring the input voltages.
    If I input a start, ie 'M3 S6000' to get 6000 rpm, all is fine. If I then input a new speed, without stopped first, the spindle ramps up to max speed, no matter what speed I want.

I have to stop the spindle ( M5 ) and then re-start is to the new speed, say M3 S12000.

The only reason I noticed was due to checking speeds. I *was* putting in a PWM to DC converter but this was stopping me from getting it to work.
    I reverted back to the original setup before I realised the problem I was having.

Is this a configuration problem or a Mach 3 bug?

I have asked Newfangled Solutions about it but I was curious if anyone here had seen if and/or found a solution?

Steve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Odd Mach 3 behaviour

It's not a Mach3 bug, that I'm aware of. It's most likely a bug with your controller or the plugin for it.

When using a motion controller with Mach3, especially with chinese ones, you will often get different results when using different versions of Mach3, and different versions of the controller's plugin.

Then there's the issue that many of the chinese controllers do not support all of Mach3's functionality, or don't support it properly.

You said you are using the latest Mach3? If it 3.043.066, I'd recommend trying 3.043.062, as .066 is know to be very buggy.

You might also want to try some older versions, like 3.042.020, and see if that helps.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    It's not a Mach3 bug, that I'm aware of. It's most likely a bug with your controller or the plugin for it.

When using a motion controller with Mach3, especially with chinese ones, you will often get different results when using different versions of Mach3, and different versions of the controller's plugin.

Then there's the issue that many of the chinese controllers do not support all of Mach3's functionality, or don't support it properly.

You said you are using the latest Mach3? If it 3.043.066, I'd recommend trying 3.043.062, as .066 is know to be very buggy.

You might also want to try some older versions, like 3.042.020, and see if that helps.
    Thanks Gerry.
    Yes, mine is R3.043.066. I will try the older version you mentioned.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

I got a reply from Newfangled today.
    They are not aware of a problem with Mach 3 that would cause this issue and they suspect its a compatibility problem between Mach3 and my Motion Card.
    If an older version of Mach3 does not fix it, I will look at retro fitting a better 'non-chinese' Motion Card.
    I have some suggestions from posts here and from Newfangled.
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

I just tried version .062 of Mach 3 and I got the same result.
    I'll not worry about it and look towards moving to Mach 4 when I get a new motion card.
    Steve