6040 new couplers and a spacer block

Thread: 6040 new couplers and a spacer block

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 6040 new couplers and a spacer block

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie, I would really appreciate any relevant advice the forum can give.

I just purchased some NEMA 24 steppers to put on my 6040, I would like to find better quality replacements for the couplers and spacer block it's important that it ships to Australia (McMaster-Carr doesn't).

For the couplers, oldham style *seems* to be the consensus 8mm/8mm with little (4mm) grub screws to sit in the notch on the stepper spindle and the leadscrew, where do I source these, I see some on aliexpress but they don't appear to have the grubscrews, important?

For the spacer block (motor mount?) it seems to me that I should be using shorter bolt than the skinny (m5?) 50mm 6040 ones, so four bolts from 6040 to spacer block and another four for spacer block to stepper, my thinking here is the bolts should be shorter or thicker, the block stiffer and ideally the distance between 6040 and stepper adjustable, anything?

Thanks.

Richard

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 new couplers and a spacer block

Hi Richard,

Radiopsares appear to sell Oldham Couplers. Holman Designs, who I went to first, does not appear to sell them. Don't know why.
    There may be others. RS are not the cheapest ...but I like the quality.

I have only seen the long bolts that hold the motor AND the Spacer in place.I'm not sure there is any need for anything beefier. ( I may be wrong. )

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 new couplers and a spacer block

Thanks Sterob!

I went to RS, spotted the Ruland couplers and didn't really like what RS had in stock, I went to ruland.com (USA) and ordered from there with a flat rate ($25) shipping (UPS) to AU, also it was my first order so I got 5% off.

I got the https://www.ruland.com/catalog/produ.../category/278/ as well as 10 each of both the nylon and acetal disks, anyone have any recommendations on what will be best to use?