Need Help! Help with 3040 prt-750 vfd

Thread: Help with 3040 prt-750 vfd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with 3040 prt-750 vfd

Hi,

recent purchase of 3040, 800w, 110v with prt-750 VFD. Out of the box and only connected to the spindle, the motor would only attempt to start for 3 seconds and then an error displayed. This was set on Manuel and not connected to computer. I could get it to function if I gave the spindle a quick spin before the error was displayed, it would then seem to run fine using the pot, and come up to full speed.

i am in my 70’s, figured I would get a new erector set to play with. Sorry I could not afford a 3 or 4 K machine, and might just have to bite the bullet on this, but maybe someone can help before I give up. I have never been in a forum before, and may not be able to respond in one. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with 3040 prt-750 vfd

Bcarson,
    Sorry, I am not really good troubleshooting VFD's, but a couple things to consider from previous posts read.

It is possible the wiring has loose connections, or a break. Would be advised to go in and make sure something did not come loose during shipping.
    Would also be worth while to ring out the cable.
    Sometimes the settings are odd on these VFD's as well, there are a couple good posts in the forums about setting up the Chinese VFD controllers.
    Hopefully this at least gives you something to start looking at.
    Cliff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sterkte801 View Post
    Bcarson,
    Sorry, I am not really good troubleshooting VFD's, but a couple things to consider from previous posts read.

It is possible the wiring has loose connections, or a break. Would be advised to go in and make sure something did not come loose during shipping.
    Would also be worth while to ring out the cable.
    Sometimes the settings are odd on these VFD's as well, there are a couple good posts in the forums about setting up the Chinese VFD controllers.
    Hopefully this at least gives you something to start looking at.
    Cliff
    What is the error code?
    Is there an explanation of error codes in the VFD manual?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, and thanks for the suggestions. There was no manual, I believe that it was e0, but now have removed the spindle, and some hassle to check the code, and without manual, no need. Because this is a 110 volt VFDs and spindle which is more non standard, the problem could be in some d-code maybe is set for 220 machines. The best I could hope foe here would be someone that has the 110 volt model working which is same to forward a list of their codes, and on that note, some have seen posted codes like 00.00 but I think there is a 5th digit to the left I believe, like a 4 that does not show unless they use the left arrow th see it.
    Currently, I am corresponding with the seller, possibly they will ship a replacement VFD and spindle, I can see this will take some time, but it will be interesting to find out the reason. Thanks, I cannot at this time check wiring, opening box could mess warranty. Oh, when starting the spindle on the manual setting, when turning up the pot, the motor will humm for 4 seconds and then error out, but, if I assist it with a spin, it will come up to speed with no error. I have no way to see if it has cutting ability, or stall if a load were applied. Interesting situation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bcarson View Post
    Hi, and thanks for the suggestions. There was no manual, I believe that it was e0, but now have removed the spindle, and some hassle to check the code, and without manual, no need. Because this is a 110 volt VFDs and spindle which is more non standard, the problem could be in some d-code maybe is set for 220 machines. The best I could hope foe here would be someone that has the 110 volt model working which is same to forward a list of their codes, and on that note, some have seen posted codes like 00.00 but I think there is a 5th digit to the left I believe, like a 4 that does not show unless they use the left arrow th see it.
    Currently, I am corresponding with the seller, possibly they will ship a replacement VFD and spindle, I can see this will take some time, but it will be interesting to find out the reason. Thanks, I cannot at this time check wiring, opening box could mess warranty. Oh, when starting the spindle on the manual setting, when turning up the pot, the motor will humm for 4 seconds and then error out, but, if I assist it with a spin, it will come up to speed with no error. I have no way to see if it has cutting ability, or stall if a load were applied. Interesting situation.
    It sounds like you have a phase missing or a bad wirer connection, check the cable end to end that the 3 Phase wires are connected at the Plug of the spindle and the VFD Drive, the VFD is what the spindle is connected to in the cabinet

Mactec54

Hi,

recent purchase of 3040, 800w, 110v with prt-750 VFD. Out of the box and only connected to the spindle, the motor would only attempt to start for 3 seconds and then an error displayed. This was set on Manuel and not connected to computer. I could get it to function if I gave the spindle a quick spin before the error was displayed, it would then seem to run fine using the pot, and come up to full speed.

i am in my 70’s, figured I would get a new erector set to play with. Sorry I could not afford a 3 or 4 K machine, and might just have to bite the bullet on this, but maybe someone can help before I give up. I have never been in a forum before, and may not be able to respond in one. Thanks
    Hi
    first check your spindal connection it maybe loos or check your ground wire if your any phase wire is lekege so your countenuty tester showes please check this first thane tell me i think your problem should be ok

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions, especially mactec54 as he nailed it, one of the three wires was disconnected inside the vfd box. The seller has made attempts, my best hope was he might have sent a replacement, but now I am happy to report that things are fine. Another happy ending. Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, Sterob thank you also, as I had forgotten that you also had suggested that wiring could be the issue. You folks really know your stuff and are batting 100% on this one. Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions, especially mactec54 as he nailed it, one of the three wires was disconnected inside the vfd box. The seller has made attempts, my best hope was he might have sent a replacement, but now I am happy to report that things are fine. Another happy ending. Thanks again.

Now before you get to excited, you need to add a Ground wire to your spindle, most do not have the spindle Grounded, so add a Ground wire from the spindle back to the control panel, and connect it to the mains supply Ground

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, Sterob thank you also, as I had forgotten that you also had suggested that wiring could be the issue. You folks really know your stuff and are batting 100% on this one. Thanks again.

Not me..I was on the 'error code' track, but that may have given you a clue.
    Glad its sorted.

Sterob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I am curious why ground is necessary, not at all saying it isn’t, Motor running now, did some reading on vfd motors, hard to believe how complex—not like the dc one I made with wire and nails in the grades. In the reading there was warnings about current in bearings when not properly grounded. Anyway, we have 4 connections on the motor. Three run to the vfd board,one of these had become disconnected, the 4th connects to nothing on the 5 terminal connector on the back of the vfd box, actually it goes to-one of the two pins there which are not being used. There is no grounding I can detect between the vfd box and the cnc platform. Not sure what the mains supply is. Possibly as it works now, I should not press my luck. As always, appreciate info.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I am curious why ground is necessary, not at all saying it isn’t, Motor running now, did some reading on vfd motors, hard to believe how complex—not like the dc one I made with wire and nails in the grades. In the reading there was warnings about current in bearings when not properly grounded. Anyway, we have 4 connections on the motor. Three run to the vfd board,one of these had become disconnected, the 4th connects to nothing on the 5 terminal connector on the back of the vfd box, actually it goes to-one of the two pins there which are not being used. There is no grounding I can detect between the vfd box and the cnc platform. Not sure what the mains supply is. Possibly as it works now, I should not press my luck. As always, appreciate info.
    Yes anything will run without a Ground wire, it's not safe for you or your machine to run without it connected

Ok so you have a 4 pin plug and the 4th wire is grounded at the cabinet, they call the Cabinet as Ground, as long as everything is mounted metal to metal which in most cases they are not, your input power will have a Ground wire you need to make sure you have continuity between that Ground wire and where it is attached to the cabinet, this is your first thing to check

Mactec54