Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions - Page 5

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Another day in paradise. I found that G991/G0991 isn't implemented on the machine, there is no macro visible related to changing the tools, but the tools are out of wack. Asked the supplier on how to change the x/y/z on the inline tool changer. When positioned in the perfect position for the atc fork on tool 1 G991T1 throws an 'unkown g-code' error.

Last edited by serum; 01-16-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I am new to this also, but I think this is how it works:
    When you use MDI mode, G991T1X#######Y#######Z#######, the control puts those XYZ numbers into register #200, 201, and 203. (XYZ)
    G991T2X#######Y#######Z#######, the control puts ythose numbers into registers 204,205 and 206.(XYZ).
    I think if you just input G991T1 the control uses the current gantry location.
    You can check the numbers in the register by doing the following:
    goto the diagnostic screen/ plc status/plc register.
    Scroll down to 200 and see if there are numbers there.
    Mine shows the metric positions without decimal places of each tool holder location.
    You have to be sure those registers are all zero before you start.
    If your machine doesn't even have a macro for tool changes, then that might be a huge problem.

I have G991T1 available in my machine.
    Are you in metric or inch mode?

Last edited by mikejeffers; 01-16-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike, thanks for your answer, The machine is in metric mode. I'll check the PLC settings/status tomorrow, otherwise i'll punch in the numbers manually there. the thing is that it throws an error with typing G0991T1 or G991T1. (in both cases it replies something like 'unknow g-code G0991' or something in that line (G0991 in both cases, so it recognizes something) Tool change works OK, but the x/y/z coordinates are not accurate enough. It needs some tweaking.

Downloads
    Uploads

THANK you for editing the post Mike!! i now realize that when i went into the MDI for the first time, these where the values that where presented there. I'll try it first thing in the morning and report back! Thank you!

BTW, what are you guys using for lubrication on the rack/pinion?

Last edited by serum; 01-16-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Serum and Mike...

First.. on the Rack and Pinion I used a little teflon grease...
    Later I found that my synthetic lubricant fluid I use in the pump.. (for lubricating the linear bearings through the fluid lines.. ) leaks out of the bearing a little bit at a time.. and kinda lands on the racks... I sometimes have to wipe of the excess.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tool Fork Positions have to be taught to SYNTEC.. and mine is done through a G991T# command.
    It's actually a custom "macro" I guess... and inside of it.. I can see the code written to write the locations to the Registers.

FeedR8cnc is totally correct about everything he said.. so pay attention to that.

I'm actually adding more tools in the future so I have to rewrite it and also rewrite my T0000 macro.

SERUM It doesn't surprise me that yours might not be set up correctly.
    I would make sure you are in metric.. since SYNTEC basic length units are in mm.. and the system runs in "metric" even if you change it to display inches.

Serup.. I'm not sure if you can actually write a number to the PLC register... I don't think it will let you...

Try to find a list of "Macros" in the folder on you SYNTEC Controller.
    Actually several can be written.. like mini programs.

For the last 6 months I have digging around, researching, recording, and compiling data..
    In macro.. there are certain "modal" variables that refer to specific data...
    it's kinda hard to explain...
    whats more confusing is that in a tool change macro you may see a referene or variable such as "@502" which is actually looking at Reg-bit #102

Downloads
    Uploads

My machine came with screwed up homing setup...
    When it homed, the linear rails on the Y axis were moving too far past the actual steel rail...
    when I repositioned things.. and sensors...
    I established a new Home Y0.000
    But that also meant my the 2 toolforks they DID program, were now in a different spot than SYNTEC was taught.. and my tool touch off sensor was also in the wrong Y location.. etc...
    It was a lot of work to get a grip on things.

In my case.. .to teach SYNTEC the right XYZ coordinate to lower the spindle and "LATCH" onto the ISO tool...
    I had to move the machine very carefully with the MPD handwheel.. and then when aligned perfectly.. I had to enter G991T#...
    My "GREEN" light blinked.. and if you looked in the Registry.. those coordinates were recorded.

SERUM.. do you plan to use mm? not inches?

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike, Serum, OTHERS>..
    On thing I like about SYNTEC.. is that in the "OFFSETS" table... (not the tool length offsets)
    You have a place to store your G54, G55, etc...

But you have a "permenant" offset.. or something called similar to that.. (i'm not in front of the machine).
    It's in the to left corner.

On MY Machine.. I have a permanent X-axis offset of 2.0" and Y-axis offset of 1.0"
    This is to better line up with my vacuum plenum gridds...
    I use the Z-axis offset.. to compensate for my spoil board.

So when my tools are properly measured, and recorded... when I would select tool for example #6...
    If I applied the tool length offset for tool #6 (G43 H6)
    and told it to go to Z0.000, the bottom tip of the tool would come to touch the vacuum plenum.

So if I enter 0.750" in that "permanent' z-axis offset... the tool would actually come down to 0.750" above the vacuum plenum.

SO If my spoil-boar is 0.750" thick.. it will be right at my spoil board surface.

(I like to us Z0.00 at the bottom of the material/Top of the spoilboard... in my cutting programs.)

So I have it set up with my surfacing program, that I change that number, to lets say 0.730", I run the surfacing program... and now my new Z0.000 is at that new 0.730" height...

makes it very easy and effective.

LET me know what you guys think...

Downloads
    Uploads

In only run in metric. Can’t imagine a world on inches.

Yes, Z0 should the the top of the spoilboard. I do the very same. Most convenient and fast.

On my machine you can set the g54/55/56 etc. Z-height through the Delta-Z setting (it's related to the height of the tool-sensor)
    Procedure is straight-forward; measure tool though offset menu, then go to the top of the spoilboard (or skim it off) and select 'Delta-Z' that is the Z0 in the selected coordinate system.
    You can do this for each coordinate system (g54/55 etc)

With G999T1X200.000Y3200.000Z-190.000 i can set the atc forks for the tools. (lineair tool rack) It's not stored in the PLC register, but it simple works.
    I don't know if you can do this, but i can open and view the ladder file on the syntec itself.

I’m so happy with the mpg sim feature.

Last edited by serum; 01-17-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Serum...
    If you can open your macro folder... you should see a file called T0000... That will be the tool change macro...
    There may be others there too...
    DO you mind uploading them ?.. You may need to copy them to a USB flash drive and bring them into your computer...
    If CNCZONE has trouble uploading them or is blocking them... you may need to add a file extension like ".txt"

I would appreciate the ability to study them.
    THanks

Downloads
    Uploads

As requested... I am going to attach my POST PROCESSOR for Mozaik here...

Please note.. I had to change the extension from ".pop" to ".txt" to be able to upload to CNCZone..

You would need to change it back for it to be recognized by MOZAIK...

This is ONLY for your education... don't try to run your machine with this PostProcessor...

Good Luck..

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello feedr8cnc...
    I'm glad that you are a "cncmaniac"... So am I, I guess....
    Do you have much documentation for 6M* Contollers?...
    Have you ever upgraded the Core Syntec Software?... They seem to make some updates.. but I'm afraid to try it, in case it would wipe out my parameters and such...

Also... I have been trying to get some of the APPS.. and work on the HMI... and maybe customize it.. but I either can't download it.. or can't get it to work...
    I did get MLCedit, to work...
    I have been going through my ladder, my macros, and deciphering the data, and comments.. and making a lot of my comments.

I also tried to connect to my SYNTEC through a network switch.. and to monitor the ladder "live" or even load to it.. but I con't get it to work...
    I did get it work on the network enough, to be able to transfer files from a "CNC Cutting" folder on my laptop.. .through the ethernet cables.

ANY Experiences with this? Any Advice?...

Downloads
    Uploads

Frankmali,
    Unfortunatley we are all kinda in the same position. I have some documentation on the 6M* controllers but when you get the level of macro rewritting the info is pretty much nonexistant. The manufactures operate on a need to know basis and only provide just enough info to solve a specific problem. I have been having to do exactly what you are doing, deciphering code. The parameter setup is pretty much the same with the machines that we have mostly because we use Yaskawa servos on all of them and so the values don't differ much. The macros are the key to controlling the system. Because I have so many other business issues to cover, I have not been able to dedicate as much time as I would like to the macros. I have contacted Syntec to see about standardizing the macro system for US based customers with different machine configuartions but this is a work in process. We have not upgraded the software because we havent yet had a need to. If you choose to try it just be sure to go through the backup procedure. I would suggest doing 2 separate backups. If you go into your system backup screen there are basically 2 options. 1 for Syntec Backup and another for All (under the 'All' submenu there are multiple items that you can select individually to backup, but selecting all grabs them all). The 'Syntec Backup' grabs the complete system. Even the sublayers that are not available under the 'All' menu.

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=southpaw;2138466]
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    Yes I am both the engineer and rep for the U.S. branch of Syntec. Sorry for the difficulty on ordering your extension parts, next time you can just pm me for my contact.

Hi SyntecEngineer. I'm considering purchasing a Chinese machine and wondering if you can tell me the difference between the 6MD & the 6MD-H? Is there any big differences around their compatibility with Yaskawa servos?

Thanks!

Hey southpaw sorry for the late response I have been out of the office helping other clients all week. There is no difference in terms of functionality the only difference is the connection to the Yaskawa servos. The 6MD-H uses the newer M3 connection that is basically the Ethernet port. The 6MD uses the M2 connection which is in the form of a USB. Depending on what Yaskawa servo you or your machine maker is using is what you want to base that off of. If you are going with the latest servos it will be the M3 connection. The M3 does exchange data significantly faster than the M2 so if you want the latest and greatest go with that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hello feedr8cnc...
    I'm glad that you are a "cncmaniac"... So am I, I guess....
    Do you have much documentation for 6M* Contollers?...
    Have you ever upgraded the Core Syntec Software?... They seem to make some updates.. but I'm afraid to try it, in case it would wipe out my parameters and such...

Also... I have been trying to get some of the APPS.. and work on the HMI... and maybe customize it.. but I either can't download it.. or can't get it to work...
    I did get MLCedit, to work...
    I have been going through my ladder, my macros, and deciphering the data, and comments.. and making a lot of my comments.

I also tried to connect to my SYNTEC through a network switch.. and to monitor the ladder "live" or even load to it.. but I con't get it to work...
    I did get it work on the network enough, to be able to transfer files from a "CNC Cutting" folder on my laptop.. .through the ethernet cables.

ANY Experiences with this? Any Advice?...
    I am fairly sure you are correct in having to reset the parameters if you do do an update on the core system, and so if you wish to avoid that I would probably keep what you have. Regardless I am going to triple check to find out if the updates will change anything and I will let you know as soon as I have either tried it or found out. As for the apps where are you getting the eHMI download from?

or if you want Frank just pm me your email and I can get you what you need to run eHMI. I warn you it does take some figuring out.

Last edited by SyntecEngineer; 01-18-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is my method of setting the Z height correct? I need to adjust the 0 (top of my spoilboard) of the Z-height using the delta-Z in the tool measuring menu. Every other method to zero the Z results in an unpredictable Z height.
    Since the 'delta Z' can also be set in G54,55,56 etc etc etc, i assumed this was the way to do it. I only need to adjust the X/Y using the normal 'zero-ing' procedure, but this Z height is done through the delta-Z.

Tried it several ways, but this seems to be the only viable option that's working on my machine (I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong)

I'm using the 850W yaskawa sigma 7 with 1kw driver in combination with the 6MA and it's plenty fast for me. (2000ipm with 200ms acceleration, it's wicked fast IMO)

2000 ipm? Are you in inch mode? Maybe 20000 mm/m?
    I set up my z zero using a different method because we don't use a spoil board. We are mostly machining plastics. Our z zero is always the top of the part we are machining. I have set up a pointed edgefinder in fork #8. It will always stay in #8. We rarely use 8 tools. I touch the point of the edgefinder to the touch off probe only once and record that value into a parameter. This only has to be done once unless the edgefinder is replaced or moved in the holder for some reason. I then use the edgefinder to pick up xyz zero. Z zero being the top of the part to be machined. When I touch z zero, I the latch machine coordinate in G54,g55 or whatever is needed. All the other tools will follow this zero after they have been touched off the probe.
    I find this method works best for us because it is closer to the set ups on my other machining centers.
    I can't remember the parameter number now, but there is a good YouTube video on the process.
    I am attempting to attach an xls file of our procedure. It is an older version before we got the tool changer fixed to run in inch mode.

Attempt to attach PDF.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-router-machine-settings-1-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

no, rapids are 2000ipm, so 50m/min. max cutting speed is 35m/min running only metric.

HOLY COW, that's super fast.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast