Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions - Page 4

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Postprocessor question; What software are you using for cad/cam? Each cam software uses his own unique interpreter for creating the gcode. Frankmali; Perhaps Fusion360 is handy to try your 4th axis.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by serum View Post
    Postprocessor question; What software are you using for cad/cam? Each cam software uses his own unique interpreter for creating the gcode. Frankmali; Perhaps Fusion360 is handy to try your 4th axis.
    I use Mozaik CNC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Hey Hoanghai,
    (Is that how we should call you?)

Maybe you can post pictures of your machine...
    You have 12 tools in a Rotary tool changer, Correct?

What version of Mozaik software do you have?... How long are you using Mozaik?....

Syntec understands it's own Unique "G"codes and "M" codes... as well as industry standards...
    For example.. G00 or G01 are pretty universal... as well as M03 or M05...
    But my machine has a code programmed "G991T#" to do something only My Syntec Understands.

(Serum / Rene - does your syntec have a G0991 or G991 saved in the Macro folder? Are you familiar with it?..)

All Syntec Machines are configured for other functions by the Machine Factory...
    For example.. My "LAMP" button doesn't do anything...
    But I have a Code M175 / M176 that works the dust hood....
    This is Unique to SYNTEC, The rest of the Machine world doesn't Use a M175

So Hoanghai, You have to learn your own machine very well... before you should try to set up the Post Processor for Mozaik...

My Post Processor will not probably work well with YOUR machine...

Tell me more information, maybe I can still help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rene, / Anybody

About Fusion 360:

Did you Use Vectric VCarve Before?..
    What version of Fusion 360?.. What is the cost?
    How does it compare to Vectric?...
    Can it do 3D printing?...

I heard about Fusion360.. Does it do CAD well?..

Thanks Guys :-)

By the way... I use Sketchup a lot for custom work...

Downloads
    Uploads

G0991 G991; I am about to receive my Syntec controlled machine in a few days. (ship is docked in the harbour currently, unloading the containers).

About Fusion360; it's free for startups below 100k revenue a year, and hobbyists. above that you pay about 30usd per month for the standard version (the version that can do stress-calculations and 5 axis machining costs slightly more)

I like it a lot, i do all my designs in it, (furniture, machines) it's intuitive from my perspective. It does CAD and has soms nifty CAM on board. (you can make templates for different operations/machines, which are a huge timesaver for me). Yes, you can export to STL as well, but you still need a slicer. I'm using simplify3d for slicing. It also does v carve engraving, but for simple things i'm leaning towards f-engrave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I run a subprogram called from the main program? I have attached both files. The controller says it cannot find sub # O1112.
    This is pretty standard set up for fanuc, but I can't seem to get it to work. Syntec 6ma.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats strange Mike. SYNTEC 900M G code uses RS274D standards, and the only differences with FANUC 0M are G70, G71 respective to G20, G21.

Sorry for the simple trouble shoot, but when you uploaded the file did you remove that ".txt" from your pc. The controller wont assign the file if it has any program extensions and so it cannot be a text file. If that is good let me know the folder you placed it in. If that all looks correct let me know and I'll try to dig a little deeper.

Well, I have always found this controller a little strange in file names,
    Yes, the .txt was changed to .tap.
    In the file manager, the names of the program are whatever the name of the file is. For instance, If I name a file 0421375D5, it shows up as 0421375D5 in the file manager, even though the actual program number is O1111 (first line in the program after the %).
    So, I tried renaming the subprogram to O1112, but that didn't work either.
    I am at a loss here....
    Everything is in the main folder.
    I have attached a pic of the file manager page.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-2018-01-10-14-46-17-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    Thats strange Mike. SYNTEC 900M G code uses RS274D standards, and the only differences with FANUC 0M are G70, G71 respective to G20, G21.

Sorry for the simple trouble shoot, but when you uploaded the file did you remove that ".txt" from your pc. The controller wont assign the file if it has any program extensions and so it cannot be a text file. If that is good let me know the folder you placed it in. If that all looks correct let me know and I'll try to dig a little deeper.
    So should I remove the .tap extension?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I removed the .tap file extension and now it works.
    Thanks for the idea.
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply! Yes it cant have anything just a blank file type for the controller to assign it. Also I believe that renaming it O0001 or whatever number is also required. Or at least that was always the way I did it, and if I wanted to remember what is what I'll just change the first line to change the comment.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hey Hoanghai,
    (Is that how we should call you?)

Maybe you can post pictures of your machine...
    You have 12 tools in a Rotary tool changer, Correct?

What version of Mozaik software do you have?... How long are you using Mozaik?....

Syntec understands it's own Unique "G"codes and "M" codes... as well as industry standards...
    For example.. G00 or G01 are pretty universal... as well as M03 or M05...
    But my machine has a code programmed "G991T#" to do something only My Syntec Understands.

(Serum / Rene - does your syntec have a G0991 or G991 saved in the Macro folder? Are you familiar with it?..)

All Syntec Machines are configured for other functions by the Machine Factory...
    For example.. My "LAMP" button doesn't do anything...
    But I have a Code M175 / M176 that works the dust hood....
    This is Unique to SYNTEC, The rest of the Machine world doesn't Use a M175

So Hoanghai, You have to learn your own machine very well... before you should try to set up the Post Processor for Mozaik...

My Post Processor will not probably work well with YOUR machine...

Tell me more information, maybe I can still help.

Thank for your advice,
    Correctly, my machine has 12 tools in a Rotary tool changer, without drilling block.
    I am using Mozaik Complete CNC, Version 6.0, for 2 months.
    I know that there are some extra code like G991T# as of your machine. These code will be make by machine technician or me. What I am looking for is standard Syntec 6MB post processor for Mozaik with "G" code and "M" code only.
    Can you help me?
    Thank much.

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=SyntecEngineer;2135602]Yes I am both the engineer and rep for the U.S. branch of Syntec. Sorry for the difficulty on ordering your extension parts, next time you can just pm me for my contact.

Hi SyntecEngineer. I'm considering purchasing a Chinese machine and wondering if you can tell me the difference between the 6MD & the 6MD-H? Is there any big differences around their compatibility with Yaskawa servos?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=serum;2137294]G0991 G991; I am about to receive my Syntec controlled machine in a few days. (ship is docked in the harbour currently, unloading the containers).

Hi Serum! I'm very excited for you to receive your machine (and if I'm being honest, a little jealous).

Where did you get your machine from? There are several outfits I am getting quotes from in China and trying to get the best quality for the money.

Excited to find this group and learn more as I move towards purchasing one myaelf.

Downloads
    Uploads

I picked my supplier (Sudiao) it was (for my likings) ticking the most boxes.

Company has been nice and patient, I am going to measure its accuracy tomorrow and I hope it's OK (Fingers crossed). Entire structure is massive, and stiff. Paint job is not so nice. Especially on the controller box. But it's not bought for winning the miss universe contest. It's obvious there are several persons involved in making the machine. The power/electricity is decent. All cables are labeled and crimped. All rails are using fully machined references, 30mm PMI rails and WMH Herion rack/pinion.
    HSD confirms it's an original HSD using ceramic bearings. No documentation is included. (I wanted to connect the vacuum-pump to a VFD, but the label on the motor only has info of the vacuum-pump itself.

Before assembling the

I picked the 850W yaskawa servo's over the 750W because I wanted optimal acceleration. Rapids (according to the syntec screen while jogging in rapid mode, don't know if it's actual speed) is 50m/min,Without having adjusted anything in the controller for acceleration or speed, I must conclude that in standard form the 750W accelerates way, way quicker than mine. I sure hope it are the parameters are it's not limited by inertia. Those 850W's should be capable of moving it around with authority.

Too bad. I only got a change to home it, make the gantry move using the pendant and using the buttons, We had a birthday of friends, so I had no time left, these are the days you want to spend the night on the machines bed. But friendships are way more valuable than material.

Few questions to the Syntec-guru's here;
    -ATC measurement. I haven't figured it out yet, due to limited time, but there is no F button that enables or disables the measurement after every tool-change. Only for dust hood up/down (F1) and dropping the tool (F2) (i was hoping for the F2, like in Syntec Lee's movies) (i'm even not sure if it performs a measurement after a tool-change)
    -spindle rotation ; cw and ccw buttons on the controller both make the CW light lid up and make the spindle run CW. (so no ccw action from the spindle) I know the VFD needs an extra wire for CW CC
    -how do you turn it off? I'm used to turning off an OS, rather than switching it off?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Serum... Rene...
    On my Machine, pressing [F5] toggles on or off... the function of enabling and recording the tool height measure.. after a tool change is completed.

SO if I turn it on.. it will measure and record the tool length after a tool change.
    That feature will also be dependant by a parameter.. in terms of accurately storing the length in reference to the table.

About CCW.. I'm not sure if all HSD spindles Can or Can't be run in CCW direction...
    I don't think mine is...
    AND Many of these things are dependant on you machine maker... for example...
    On my Controller.. the ladder is not setup to respond to pressing the CCW button... it just ignores it...
    So it's apparent that a different "author" set up your ladder/machine.

Also.. as far as turning off the machine... I stop all activity, park it in a spot I like... I press the E-Stop button.. and then I turn off the power by pressing the "OFF" switch.. that is very much in physical setup to the E-STOP.. but it's called the "OFF" switch...
    Yes.. it does seem a bit "harsh" since it is a computer.

To turn it ON.... I have to twist and release the "OFF" swiitch (like the E-Stop switch) and I press a green "ON" button.. that lights up.
    When the system boots-up... I then release the E-STOP and then I Home the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Serum...
    I not sure how or why you are looking to hook up a Vacuum Pump to a VFD?
    Is it to create 3 phase power?...
    Are you referring to the VFD that controls the spindle?

You said you have a genuine HSD Spindle...
    DO you have any pictures?... What model is it?
    How do you know it is made to spin CCW?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hoanghai...
    I will try to find and post my MOZAIK processor...Tomorrow
    It should help you get started.

Downloads
    Uploads

Greeting everyone, I am new to the forum and consider myself a cncmaniac! I have sold machines here in the US and all of them use the Syntec controllers. I have setup the EZ's, 6M*'s and 200MA-5. In my experience the Syntec controllers have been excellent. The complications come from the manufactures. The Syntec controllers are very flexible and allow for an endless combination of control configurations. That being stated there are 100's if not 1000's of different manufactures in China and they all seem to have there own unique programming method. Keep in mind that there are some G-M codes that are standard when it comes to FANUC based controllers. There are also many G-M codes that can be defined by the engineer that is setting up the machine in the factory. These defined G-M codes will be shown in the macro files that come with your machine. Unfortunatley the definable G-M codes will be different from one manufacturer to another so what one G** or M** code that has been setup for one machine may not work for another from a different manufacturer. Don't let it scary you, you will just have to get the specific G-M code list for your machine directly from the manufacturer that you purchased it from.

Frankmali is correct regarding spindles. The vast majority of the spindles for cnc routers only operate in the CW rotation. We recently upgraded our standard HSD ES929 to the new ES951 which allows for CW and CCW rotation. And as Frankmali stated if the spindle itself is not designed to operate in CCW rotation the Syntec controller button to rotate the spindle CCW will be ignored. Frankmali is also correct about connecting the vacuum pump to the VFD. The VFD is specifically for the spindle control. Serum, I would strongly recommend that you do not connect to the VFD unless the manufacturer has installed a separate VDF specifically for the vacuum pump.

Hoanghai2485 and Serum I would message the manufacturer of your machine and get the specific G-M codes that they used to setup your system, otherwise you will waste a lot of time through trial and error. It should be something that they should have readily available and not only will you know the exact codes that control your machine but it will make composing your post processor much easier and accurate.

I'd love to help where I can guys so if you have any questions I'll be around.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, the 2nd VFD (abb acs550-11) for the vacuumpump is used to control the power of the vacuumpump once vacuum has been reached and to make the startup of the pump a bit more subtle. (i'm planning on using a vacuum-sensor and use a PID loop in the ABB).

Yes, there are a ton of options to configure the Syntec.

On my machine the tool measurement is performed by f3>f3 > start (it is the official way, i think) It is not performed after every tool change, there is no function-button connected to that feature on the Syntec panel. Cool thing is that i can move my tool-sensor to the back of the machine.

When i want to zero my workpiece, should I always use the machine coordinates? (also for Z, when using the G43, tool offset, so no AUX vallue)?

On the Syntec;
    F1 > hood up/down (the hood down also feeds air to the HSD in order to keep the bearings pressurised to avoid dust from coming in) >> this would be nice, but at a tool-change there is no air cleaning the ISO30 taper, since that's depending on the same hose as the bearing-cleaning.
    F2 > tool drop
    F3 > X/Y orientation pins shoot up/down (also possible to do this with the foot-pedal, this also enables F3)
    F4 > unused
    F5 > relay clicking, but no funtion. Planning on using that with M6, for coolant.

@FrankMali; Yes, it's an original HSD for sure; i checked the serial at HSD, because the model-number was indicating it would be using steel bearings, but the label stated ceramic. At HSD they confirmed today the serial was indeed using ceramic bearings on top and bottom.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast