Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions - Page 12

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, i did add a pneumatic valve and solenoid to shut off the air supply to the constant pressurization port.
    That also required air pressure regulator to reduce the pressure to the proper PSI. In addition to required using one of the outputs on the control board. But more importantly, it required to PLC ladder modifications additional codes and fail-safes. Just so you know this is a major machine controller modification. It's time-consuming and complex and while it should be an automatic thing oh, this is why the Chinese manufacturers failed to do it

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Yes, i did add a pneumatic valve and solenoid to shut off the air supply to the constant pressurization port.
    That also required air pressure regulator to reduce the pressure to the proper PSI. In addition to required using one of the outputs on the control board. But more importantly, it required to PLC ladder modifications additional codes and fail-safes. Just so you know this is a major machine controller modification. It's time-consuming and complex and while it should be an automatic thing oh, this is why the Chinese manufacturers failed to do it
    Thanks for the reply, merry Christmas!

Everything bar the ladder file seems fairly straightforwards.

Would you be willing to share your file with me and pointing out which lines are relevant?

I'm a software engineer so should hopefully be able to get my head round it!

Thanks

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Hello to everyone. I have a problem with my Syntec with 4 axes, actually with the rotary. I have this errors: Motion 17 ZAxis First Positive software limit exeed / Coordinate 40 The1NcProgramL8 exeed software limit or hardware limit. Could you please help me? I don`t know what to do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by costasantonio View Post
    Hello to everyone. I have a problem with my Syntec with 4 axes, actually with the rotary. I have this errors: Motion 17 ZAxis First Positive software limit exeed / Coordinate 40 The1NcProgramL8 exeed software limit or hardware limit. Could you please help me? I don`t know what to do.
    I'm no expert but I'm thinking you have set Z0 too high and run out of Z travel. Example is if you have set Z0 to 200mm, and safeZ to 800mm, but Z limit is set at 900mm the alarm will trip as you are asking to go beyond the limit. That might be it but I'm mostly guessing.
    Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your quick replay. I have a cylinder with 50 mm diameter and i have set z 0 on the surface of the cylinder. Safe z is set to 17 mm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well good to find this thread!

I am to had the air blast changed by just bypassing the solenoid and went in straight from the regulator to 4 bar inlet of the HSD spindle.
    Since it has to be always hissing around 4 bar.

That problem solved i wanted from 8 position to 12 positions of tool, so build me a new toolrack! Figured i could just change the amount of tools in parameter 3409.
    Or in the screen ATC info, but the input fields only allow me 0-8 of 0-10 pcs. not 12. The macro has been changed by he manufacturer, but then i can program T1 to T10. After a reboot it's forget every tool higher then 8. According to the manufacturer the PLC need to be changed and they say someone from Syntec has to do that... if i only knew how to get the fields to accept the numer 12 here... in the ladder it looks like it's setup for 10 tools, but just copying 2 lines and adjust them to T11 and T12 did not worked.

Anyone has some ideas?

Thanks JoeyTaiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-20200103_214149-jpgTaiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-img-20200103-wa0009-jpgTaiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-img-20200103-wa0011-jpgTaiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-img-20200106-wa0002-jpgTaiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-img-20200106-wa0004-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Joey,
    It is usually not just a matter of changing on thing, or one parameter. The ladder, macros, and registry info has to be changed.
    If your manufacturer won't help.. than I would suggest leaving it alone.
    It took me 12 months of research.. and learning the languages, and reversed engineering all the original setups.. and inserting comments...etc..
    after 16 months, I now have 50 tools working.. but boy was that a challange.
    I don't know if I would ever do it again.

Downloads
    Uploads

The entire SYNTEC 6mb backup.. will be created by the controller and ZIPPED up.. and shouldn't need more than 1 MB.. on my machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Frank,

the manufacturer will help, he needs some one from Syntec to change it.
    The macro's changed already. I am able to put in 10 on the ATC.info screen and with the new macro it will change to T9 and T10.
    But sadly after a restart it selects T0 and is set back to 8 positions again, all has to do with what i guess i cannot put in 10 or 12 in at parameter 3409.

will have to wait till the guys from the manufacturer will respond.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the zip of the backup. Following Frank's helpful instructions I have updated the parameter 3411 limits. I have tried to restore this to syntec both as a zipped folder and an unzipped folder, both times I see a CRC error.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

So I managed to update the 'Paramext' file through System data management instead of backup restore. Parameter 3411 limits have changed. Thanks for the help Frank.

Downloads
    Uploads

Had the same probleem with restore. And did it the same way and managed to get 10 tools working now.
    Updated the paramext file pr3409 to 0-20 instead of 0-8.
    Now when i input 12, the ATC INFO screen can not handle 12 tools. Looks like i have to change the ladder and the screenset with ehmi... has anyone experience with the ehmi editor?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there Syntec Engineer
    I might need to employ your services
    On my Syntec EZ4 900M Unit
    I have a 6 tool Changer setup
    I have reworked all the tool forks to go up to 12 tools now
    and added a much more efficient 3d printed dust foot
    I have managed to adjust the parameters accordingly to suit the new positions
    All the first 6 Tools work Perfectly in their new positions
    Tool 7 seems to do the tool drop off in reverse from the saftey point ( So its un usable at the moment)
    Tool 8 works perfectly
    Tools 9-12 are only accnowledged by the tool unclamp and clamp commands somewhere.
    I am at a loss as to where to find the Tool Change Macros as they do not backup with the backup files on this control

So if you are intrested to help me on this one it would be greatly appreciated here down under

Cheers from
    Melbourne Australia

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys...
    About the EMHI editor... I was able to download it.. but never to get it working.. .I don't know how well it's supported.. or if they even use it.

Each machine will be different. Changing tools can be very very complicated. First.. these changes have to be done mechanically, as well as in the controller, which is way more complicated.

Changes have to be made to parameters.. how they are used in the PLC ladder, how they are pulled and used in the macros... also, the macro may have to be re-written.

One thing that makes this even more difficult.. is that none of the factories seem to follow any streamlined standardization or flow.. so all ladders and macro vary greatly, while sometimes achieving similar results.
    THIS IS NOT MACH 3... which is actually supper easy in some ways...

ALso.. a major problem has always been, that the factories that set up their machines with SYNTEC controllers, seem to be very messy, and also don't put in any comments or references.. so it is very hard to reverse engineer and track back, what they did.

Remember.. that the danger is that every change you make in any macro or ladder, can have adverse, unintended effects somewhere else in the controller.

All that said, after 12 month + 6 month.. I was able to set up my SYNTEC 6MB for using 50 tools, and measure correctly, and HSD air blow, etc....

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Frank, i've experienced that is indeed difficult. But got the airblow working. Got the tool change and length measure macro adjusted for 12 tools. Also got it mechanicly set up. Only thing thats left is to change ladder file and probably the register and the screen for input the tool locations. As it is only setup for max 10 tools. Have 10 tools working now! So it should be possible to add 2 more right. Have the manufacturer with a syntec engineer helping so hope for the best this week. Else we stick to 10 tools and get my mind set back to routing stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shuvelhead View Post
    I'm no expert but I'm thinking you have set Z0 too high and run out of Z travel. Example is if you have set Z0 to 200mm, and safeZ to 800mm, but Z limit is set at 900mm the alarm will trip as you are asking to go beyond the limit. That might be it but I'm mostly guessing.
    Good luck!
    Well, i solved this problem. Now i have another problem with the rotary. On the flat surface on X, wich is A, i don`t have rotation when Y and Z it moves. It only make Y and Z movement. Where i have a flower or anything else, it do the job. Sorry for my bad english.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Blue elephant 4 axis with syntec 6mb fault -cannot get to home

we have a new machine from china, which I saw working before it was shipped.
    We set up the machine here , however we cannot get the machine to go back to the home position.
    press the home button , which lights up but the arrow kets wont drive it.
    The system works in all axis when i use the MPG remote control

I have upload an image of what the machine is displaying. I have tried to contact blue elephant but its chinese new year & no one is around.

any thoughts

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have experience with g120.1 on the syntec controler? Do you have to turn off any cutter compensation or any other code for it to work? or do you just call it example G120.1 p1q1 or g120.1 p0 to turn it off? I attatched images of the settings.
    Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-20200122_195956-jpg
    Attachment 435254

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA -  Controller Discussions-20200122_195837-jpg  
    Last edited by cnc-pirate; 01-23-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well Frank,

Got things working! The ATC .info screen can only be used in my case for 10 tools. T11 and T12 i have to register with G991T11.
    Had the Paramext.ptx file adjusted to allow for pr3409 accept 0-12 instead of only 8.
    The Toolchange macro and height measure macro had to be changed and the ladder had to be changed.
    The manufacturer is looking into the info screen, but to be honest i don't really care much about that.

all in all pretty complicated controller...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Blue elephant 4 axis with syntec 6mb fault -cannot get to home

Quote Originally Posted by samguyjess View Post
    we have a new machine from china, which I saw working before it was shipped.
    We set up the machine here , however we cannot get the machine to go back to the home position.
    press the home button , which lights up but the arrow kets wont drive it.
    The system works in all axis when i use the MPG remote control

I have upload an image of what the machine is displaying. I have tried to contact blue elephant but its chinese new year & no one is around.

any thoughts
    Samguyjes,

don't see the image, i had the same with my blue elephant machine. it reached the limits, also had to set the ATC forks an height measurement 10 mm back, causing that the spindle could not reach the end of the table.
    After i did some maintenence on the Y axis belts and rack and pinion it trew out the tools on the floor. had to set it all back again 10 mm and now it reached the edge of the table.
    Maybe some encoder problem or any parameter that is not set up correclty.

please sent the image

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast