HY 6040 cnc router any comments, someone have it? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HY 6040 cnc router any comments, someone have it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HY 6040 cnc router any comments, someone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by HamHamid View Post
    Good Job !

Have you succeed to mill with the 5 axis, and what the post processor that's you used ?

Thanks,
    I did not try yet with material, but I was moving the axis with no material and it seems to work. I used a modified Mach3 post processor.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I cut aluminium without any problem and with good accuracy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hlopezho View Post
    Hi all..just passing bu to update on my progress, been a few months now playing around, and have learned a lot...wood cuts perfect, acuracy on the 0.1mm 0.2mm range...wirh aluminium differwnt story, having a lot of issues..it cuts, but i cannot hae a consistent result...it has a terrible backlash and also wobling on the z axis, the column moves a lot. It seems to be that the spindel arm i too long, im thinkimg on putting some kind of support, like a triangled shaped support...any comments on you guys? thx! if you need more info let me know

This is what I did, cut on the machine.

Any updates with this machine? I'm looking to get a 6040 size. How was the setup? Was it a difficult setup?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DenizY View Post
    Any updates with this machine? I'm looking to get a 6040 size. How was the setup? Was it a difficult setup?
    for me it was the first time with a CNC machine, therefore it was quite challenging, but at the end the main problem was to make the parallel port work with my old dell laptop. I disabled all the services and auto runs and after that was working well. the configuration of the B axis was missing in the instructions, but this is easy, it is the same as A.
    next to the parallel port there is a small connector you can use for the Z probe. The hand wheel will behave strange if your computer is not connected, it will turn the B axis together with other axis, probably because it is done for 4 axis max. The trunion table works but as somebody wrote here is weak, not only because of the drivers, but also because there is no harmonic reduction. you can use it to mill soft materials thou. I bought a rotary axis with harmonic reducer and it works good. I am using Fusion and I have the 3040 version.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HY 6040 cnc router any comments, someone have it?

I forgot: the water tank is the weakest thing in this machine: it was leaking from the very beginning. I replaced it with an aluminium one:
    last, but not least, the spindle is not connected to the board, therefore you need to start and stop it manually and you have to set up the speed also manually. I wonder if anybody succeeded connecting it to the board, but probably I will make the upgrade when I will change the board, I am thinking about NVUM with the hadwheel. And DM542.

Last edited by antosha99; 05-01-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Activation process
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Is this mini CNC have possibility to automatically start spindle with Mach3, or you work only with manual start of spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by antosha99 View Post
    I forgot: the water tank is the weakest thing in this machine: it was leaking from the very beginning. I replaced it with an aluminium one:
    last, but not least, the spindle is not connected to the board, therefore you need to start and stop it manually and you have to set up the speed also manually. I wonder if anybody succeeded connecting it to the board, but probably I will make the upgrade when I will change the board, I am thinking about NVUM with the hadwheel. And DM542.

Downloads
    Uploads

Table 2 for rotary axis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12